Room Mate Kerem
What We Love
- Located in Istanbul’s hippest hood, Beyoglu
- Decor combines period features, designer furniture and modern artworks
- Fancy a lie-in? No problem: Breakfast is served until noon
- Flitting between Turkish steam rooms, heated pools and whirlpool baths at the spa
- The rooftop bar has spectacular views of the city
- READ MORE: First Time in Istanbul
What To Know
- No on-site restaurant, but the concierge can arrange tables at a host of nearby restaurants
- The airport is a 30- to 60-minute taxi ride away, depending on traffic. The nearest metro station is a 10-minute walk. Trams and buses can be found in the immediate vicinity
- Istiklal Street is on the doorstep; the hotel is well placed for shopping, wining and dining
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
Behind a historic Ottoman-era façade in Istanbul’s hip and happening Beyoglu district, the Room Mate Kerem is a design-led boutique hotel without a whiff of pretension. The 61 guestrooms combine pale wood furniture, sleek white walls, flashes of bronze and designer lamps. The bathrooms are swanky turquoise tile affairs with huge rainfall showers and zingy house brand amenities. The hot and cold breakfast (don’t miss the fresh honeycomb and the cherry jam) is served until midday, while evenings can be spent sipping cocktails at the stylish rooftop bar. There is also a small fitness center, spa and hammam on the second floor.
In the Area
Beyoglu is in the hills above Galata, on the European side of the city. It is a major entertainments hub heaving with museums, galleries, historic buildings, fashionable shops and trendy bars and restaurants. Wander its cobblestone streets by day, visiting the red brick Church of St. Anthony of Padua, the superb Pera Museum and the Byzantine-era Galata Tower. Then search out the secret entrance to Five Kat, a racy little rooftop restaurant where you can feast on hunks of lamb, halloumi salads and rivers of raki while the city’s mosques and minarets flame gold in the sunset.
How to Get There
In general, really nice hotel for a week or two, really nice service, everything you need is there!!! It's calm and has a nice bar, i like the fact that it has a gym and a pool, really good if you wanna spend more time there. Also the location is nice.
This property is right in the middle of Beyoglu.
It is central to the buzz of restaurants and nightlife of Istanbul and a great place to explore Istanbul from.
The rooms were clan and the staff attentive and eager to help.
Our only problem was the noise from the roof top bar.
Great location next to market area of istiklal street, kind staff, good breakfast and warm water at the swimming pool helper making our stay comfortable. Housekeeping was lousy but kind to respond whenever requested.