Room Mate Kerem
What We Love
- Located in Istanbul’s hippest hood, Beyoglu
- Decor combines period features, designer furniture and modern artworks
- Fancy a lie-in? No problem: Breakfast is served until noon
- Flitting between Turkish steam rooms, heated pools and whirlpool baths at the spa
- The rooftop bar has spectacular views of the city
- READ MORE: First Time in Istanbul
What To Know
- No on-site restaurant, but the concierge can arrange tables at a host of nearby restaurants
- The airport is a 30- to 60-minute taxi ride away, depending on traffic. The nearest metro station is a 10-minute walk. Trams and buses can be found in the immediate vicinity
- Istiklal Street is on the doorstep; the hotel is well placed for shopping, wining and dining
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
Behind a historic Ottoman-era façade in Istanbul’s hip and happening Beyoglu district, the Room Mate Kerem is a design-led boutique hotel without a whiff of pretension. The 61 guestrooms combine pale wood furniture, sleek white walls, flashes of bronze and designer lamps. The bathrooms are swanky turquoise tile affairs with huge rainfall showers and zingy house brand amenities. The hot and cold breakfast (don’t miss the fresh honeycomb and the cherry jam) is served until midday, while evenings can be spent sipping cocktails at the stylish rooftop bar. There is also a small fitness center, spa and hammam on the second floor.
In the Area
Beyoglu is in the hills above Galata, on the European side of the city. It is a major entertainments hub heaving with museums, galleries, historic buildings, fashionable shops and trendy bars and restaurants. Wander its cobblestone streets by day, visiting the red brick Church of St. Anthony of Padua, the superb Pera Museum and the Byzantine-era Galata Tower. Then search out the secret entrance to Five Kat, a racy little rooftop restaurant where you can feast on hunks of lamb, halloumi salads and rivers of raki while the city’s mosques and minarets flame gold in the sunset.
How to Get There
Very good experience in a warm friendly setting. The location is good for the average tourist who needs to be close to key places. Apart from the noise levels from the street on Saturday night the overall experience was very good.
Just come back from a week long stay at this hotel. It's a great place to stay. Very friendly, hard working staff who do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. A visit to their indoor swimming pool and sauna is is so relaxing at the end of the day. I'm planning to go back soon.
The deluxe room we had, was on 1st floor, we had for a view some walls and felt like prisoners. The humidity in the room was caused by mold in the room and water drops could be seen clearly. When I asked to clean my room in the morning no one did it until I got back and called the reception. Also the spa facilities were bad, the jacuzzi wasn’t working and the sauna was too dry to stay.
Overall the hotel was clean and beautiful, the food was good.