Lush Hotel – Special Class
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate?
- Location, location, location — just a short walk from a plethora of shops, restaurants, bars and clubs?
- The adjacent restaurant/bar hosts regular live entertainment?
- WiFi is free
What To Know
- Square footage varies. If space is important, book an Elegance or Corner Elegance Room?
- Street-facing rooms can be noisy at night
- The area is a transportation hub, so you’ll have no trouble getting around the city?
- The decor is more quirky than luxe?
- Free WiFi
Set in a restored 19th-century apartment building, right in the center of Taksim Square, Lush takes a hip and unconventional approach to design, with eclectic decor that lets you live like an Ottoman sultan or a New York loft-dweller. The cosmopolitan hotel reflects the rich, lively neighborhood it resides in.
Bed and Bath
Each of the 44 guestrooms revolves around a different theme, from a split-level Ottoman fantasy straight out of Aladdin to loft-style living with exposed brick walls, not to mention Pop Art and all styles in between. They are all different sizes, and most of the Deluxe Rooms are quite compact. The larger Corner Elegance Rooms fall on the more edgy side; rooms 506 to 510 are decked out in a black-and-white color scheme punctuated by red velvet curtains, a houndstooth armchair and a graphic skyline etched into a glass wall. Their bathrooms are equally indulgent, with a large tub and powerful rain shower, lots of white fluffy towels, ARGAN lotions and potions and cute little his-and-hers travel kits.
After a day of sightseeing, you can visit the hotel’s sauna for a relaxing session. The daily buffet breakfast is served in the adjacent cafe/restaurant. You can choose from cereals, pastries and Turkish favorites — sesame-covered simit, goat cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and yogurt — ask the waiter for Turkish tea and eggs made to order. The lunch and dinner menus offer international fare, such as sandwiches, salads and pasta, and a selection of wine, beer and creative cocktails.