What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, homemade cherry liquor and sweets
- Superior Deluxe rates also include a bottle of Cappadocian wine and fresh flowers on arrival
- Cave rooms offer mystery, romance – and utter privacy
- The oil paintings, artifacts and exquisite antiques make history come to life
- The rooftop terrace, where breakfast is served in the summer, looks over the village and ancient cliff dwellings
- Medieval furnishings in the cave room lend a true sense of occasion to meals
What To Know
- People who suffer from claustrophobia might want to request a non-cave room
- There’s no air conditioning
- Like most hotels in Turkey, this one isn’t handicap-accessible
- There’s no pool or health spa; no TV or phone in the rooms
- WiFi is not consistently available throughout the cave rooms; you might have to use an outdoor sitting area or work near the open door of your cave
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Sacred House, you’ll be centrally located in Urgup, walking distance from Temenni Wishing Well and close to Ortahisar Castle. This luxury hotel is within close proximity of Sunset Point.
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and minibars (stocked with some free items). Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as an indoor pool or take in the view from a terrace and a garden. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a hair salon.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include express check-in, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed in July 2019 (my third time) and they now have air-conditioning in the rooms for us spoiled Americans. The hotel staff is just awesome. They bend over backwards to make sure your stay is the best they can make it. Even the tour companies treat the Sacred House guests a little preferentially which I guess is because Sacred House makes it clear to them that it matters to them that their clients receive the best experience. The food at the hotel restaurant is fantastic, they strive to meet your every dietary requirement, offering Turkish and Eastern European dishes. This visit I availed myself of the turkish bath (included with the room) and it was wonderful--- plan to do it again next year. The inner courtyard is quite relaxing and now they have a terrace on the roof so the surrounding terrain can be appreciated. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this amazing hotel that feels like home to me now.
Long ago that I wanted to visit this beautiful conceptual hotel, looking at it's internet page and reading the reviews, but having small kids it was not possible. Until recently when we organized a trip to Capadocia with our friends. Three couples with high expectations and lots of experience in luxury travel we came in May at this magical place. And it captured us right from the beginning: welcoming gospel music, exquisite service, beautifully served delicious breakfast and dinner and the overall atmosphere of extravagance, lavishness and indulgence. It’s not a Hotel it’s a facinating Story.
If you are looking for a different experience with a cave hotel, this is it! This place give you game of thrones feel with some great customer service and awesome breakfast. Our hot air ballon booking got cancelled due to bad weather conditions and hotel staffs here helped us get one the next day although it was a very busy season... infact they made our capadoccia trip better... definitely recommend this place for couples..