Hotel Grauer Bär
What We Love
- A city-center hotel in Innsbruck, with a rooftop hot tub and a top-notch spa – includes breakfastTaking in spectacular Alpine panoramas from the hot tub on the rooftop terrace
- Tucking into a juicy steak and a glass of red at the hotel's exquisite steak house
- Wandering the quaint streets of Old Town and stopping at a charming café
What To Know
- The fifth-floor wellness center has a swimming pool, Finnish sauna, Turkish steam bath, solarium and gym
- There's three restaurants and a café to choose from
- It's a quick stroll to the city center and historic Old Town
Situated just two minutes’ walk from Innsbruck’s charming Old Town and the famous Golden Roof, the four-star Hotel Grauer Bär houses simply styled, modern rooms, fabulous wellness facilities and a luxurious rooftop hot tub.
Featuring a swimming pool, Finnish sauna, Turkish steam bath, solarium and fitness room, the fifth-floor wellness area is the jewel in Hotel Grauer Bär’s crown. After your glorious Austrian make-over, take a well-deserved dip in the outdoor hot tub on the rooftop terrace and soak up spectacular panoramas of the surrounding Alps.
With three restaurants and a café to choose from, you’ll find something to please most palettes here. Meat-eaters will love the latest addition to the collection, the cosy Steakrestaurant Woodfire, which does perfectly what it says on the tin.
Skiing in winter and a host of adrenalin-pumping summer activities feature among Innsbruck’s plentiful menu of things to do. It’s equally well positioned for stunning scenic walks, gentle hikes and trips to the Imperial Palace, Imperial Church, Imperial Garden and Theatre.
How to Get There
We liked the convenient location near everything and the sumptuous buffet breakfasts. All the conveniences were evident in the bathroom, very accommodative. The bedroom was comfortable and ample. We even had a view of the gray bear drawing on the side of the building and the church steeple beyond.
The two best things about this hotel are the location to the historic center (and everything it has to offer) and what it has to offer - pool, hot tub, bar, restaurant, convenient parking and an excellent breakfast. My only recommendation is the front desk should write down directions to hand out to the parking garage and where one should park in the garage. It took a bit of trial and error to figure it out.
The rooms and service on this hotel was less than average. Rooms were average but staff and art work in this hotel is not acceptable for families with children. The hotel in my opinion felt dark.
The location was good and that is the best I can offer on this property. I would not stay here again nor can I recommend it.