Vedana Lagoon Resort and Spa
What We Love
- Daily buffet or à la carte breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The stilted spa and yoga pavilion; the blissful traditional herbal massages are a particular highlight
- Butler-served candlelit dinner for two on your own private deck
- Soaking up the panoramic views from your own private marble bathtub, big enough for two
What To Know
- The resort's isolated location and limited menu may become monotonous for longer stays
- Book special dining experiences and activities in advance to make the most of your time
- Open-air bathrooms play perfect host to parties of mosquitoes come dusk. Bring Deet
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Lounging lagoonside, flanked by gorgeous mountain scenery between the charming cities of Hue and Hoi An, the Vedana encapsulates isolated escapism. Generously spaced stilted villas connect land with water via serpentine wooden walkways, creating mesmerizing reflections on the gently ebbing tide. Dining areas replicate the intricately carved garden houses that were once home to the Hue city elite and royalty, lending the resort a truly traditional Vietnamese soul.
Bed and Bath
Enormous beds dressed in an abundance of natural cottons complement contemporary wooden furniture and cool marble floors. All creature comforts are taken care of in-room, should you tire of the view from your private deck. Bathrooms come with a large marble bathtub with a view, his-and-hers sinks and an outdoor tropical shower. For more space and seclusion, the Honeymoon Pool Villas offer a larger living room and a private garden complete with a pool.
Although it’s quite possible to stay happily ensconced in your villa, venture out to discover a heavenly way to shake up the chakras with free tai chi and yoga classes, and masseuses who read your body like a book. When sustenance is required, the menu of mouthwatering local and Western dishes can be taken anytime, anywhere. The seafood platter and freshly caught oysters are worth shelling out for. Private cooking classes and fishing trips can be arranged and are heartily recommended, followed by a gentle workout in the gym, a round or two of tennis, or a glass of your preferred something by the lap-size infinity pool.
In the Area
There are few places in Vietnam where a sedate pace is advised, but at the Vedana it’s positively encouraged, which makes for some guilt-free loafing with a good book, or simply lying back on the veranda drinking in the ever changing landscape. For the more adventurous there are canoes and bikes to explore the sleepy fishing villages along the lagoon. And if a daytrip’s in order, the resort offers tours to nearby Lang Co Beach and a free round-trip shuttle bus to the ancient capital city, Hue, with time enough to explore the citadel and go wildly off menu at the fabulous Jardins de la Carambole.
How to Get There
I love the view of the hotel. Very serene and peaceful. We got a family Suite room with a lagoon view. The room is spacious with comfy beds. I love biking with my family every morning and it was such a great memory. I love the pool too. It’s clean and doesn’t have heavy chemical smell. Breakfast was great, lots of Asian food with good quality, not so oily, less processed food which I love. The fresh juices that they have were tasty too. In general, I highly recommend this place for family or couple trips that want to have a getaway from the hustle and bustle of life. Definitely come back one day!
We stayed at this place for little over a week. We had booked two honeymoon pool villas and had requested that they be adjacent to each other - I and my brother's family. This place is amazing and the staff has been exceptionally helpful. We were much impressed with our Villa host Ni Na, who was constantly trying to make our stay as comfortable as possible and also would collect our feedback almost every day and if there was even a single negative in them, rest assured she would get to the bottom of it and get that fixed.
Let me summarize the Pros and Cons,
1) Location, Location, Location - Amazing view of the lagoon from the hilltop. You have an option to use the complimentary bicycles or take the golf cart to go around the resort (27 Hectares is not a small place to drool around in the summer sun)
2) Staff - Excellent, smiling faces greeting us everywhere, from the Housekeeping to the Restaurant, every day we were pampered. For ex: the restaurant staff was aware of my son's fav juice and would always get a glass ready for him with little ice and sugar syrup on the side. The restaurant manager was very friendly and would recommend us different Vietnamese cuisine to try (off the menu some times) - all of which were delightful.
3) House Keeping - Punctual, well maintained the room and always smiling
4) Golf Cart drivers and Maintenance/Security - Very helpful throughout the trip
CONS: (Just a few)
1) Spa - The Spa is located on the lagoon but as opposed to other places i visited, it was dull and lifeless. The spa treatments were at the best average, nothing exceptional to mention. We boys tried Massage and Pedicure - in which Massage was good but pedicure was below average - though our Villa host was prompt enough to apologize for the inconvenience and she also waived 50% of the pedicure bill.
The Spa ambiance can be improved and staffs trained for a more professional treatment of the guest
2) Food - The food was good, but not exceptional. We had situations where we had to send the food back because of a foul smell or for lack of taste or flavor (like juice being diluted with too much water). I think the restaurant Quality control should be improved - we also came across a small piece of plastic (from a plastic container) in one of the dish served in the restaurant
3) Breakfast Buffet - Though the spread was sumptuous, it went to point where the menu became stagnant after a while, you may not notice it if you are there for 2 or 3 days but if you staying long, you would expect the menu be changed so that the guests don't get bored with it (just my take)
This place is lovely, the perfect spot to recharge your batteries
We stayed 3 nights but would have loved another couple of days here.
Breakfast was fabulous with an enormous selection to choose from
The staff were really friendly and helpful.
My partner and I stayed here last month. The location and hotel is absolutely stunning. We were lucky enough to get a water bungalow on stilts in the lagoon.
Upon arrival we were greeted with welcome juice and quickly ferried to our room on a golf buggy. The room itself was HUGE with the biggest bed we've ever seen. This coupled with the amazing balcony on stilts and the outdoor shower made it one of the most memorable places we have ever stayed.
In the evening we had a private dinner on the 'Twilight' pier. The staff kindly arranged candles and our own private waitress. The food was absolutely delicious and we were even given our very own cake to take back to our room... which we promptly demolished.
There are many amenities here to keep you occupied (tennis, fishing, kayaking, yoga etc etc). We wish we stayed for longer!
A friend and myself stayed in one of the aqua bungalows for the weekend. The view was simply stunning. We absolutely LOVED this place and the sweet staff. One of my most favorite places I've traveled to in Vietnam. We had access to bicycles and Kayaks. The location of this resort is perfect. And the food was excellent--especially the breakfast spread. I will definitely be returning here often.