What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Great location in the bustling heart of Greece’s second city, near both shops and sights
- Classic historic exterior and equally stylish public areas, rooms and suites
- Rooftop bar overlooking the city center for breakfast
- Ultra-helpful, multi-lingual concierge service to help you plan museum visits, make restaurant recommendations and reservations, airport transfers and onward travel arrangements
- Most rooms and suites have private balconies for a breath of fresh air
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- This is a luxurious city hotel, great for a short stay to explore Thessaloniki, but not for a longer holiday
- Good for business travelers and grown-up couples, but not so perfect for families
- The Excelsior’s restaurant and bars are adequate, but there’s a much bigger choice of places to eat and drink just a few steps from the door
- No pool, and the nearest beach is miles away, but Elemis spa treatments help to compensate
- Nearby Plateia Aristotelous (Aristotle Square) is occasionally the scene of noisy rallies by opponents of the Greek government’s economic austerity measures
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Excelsior Hotel in Thessaloniki, you’ll be minutes from Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki and Aristotelous Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Cinema Museum and Museum of the Macedonian Struggle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 34 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and a turndown service.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
This is an extremely well run boutique hotel. It has a great location situated on a road between the main shopping road and the sea front promenade. It is in a fairly recently modernised and refurbished classical building with its own pavement cafe. The bedrooms and bathrooms are not large but they are very comfortable and tastefully furnished in contemporary style. Breakfasts are good with both buffet and waitress service for hot food. The orange juice must be pressed fresh each day because it is the best we have ever had after many years of travel. The staff were incredibly pleasant, welcoming and couldn't do enough to help. Particular mention of Georgina and Kostantinos on reception. They found us a very reasonable car rental company for our day outings to the Halkidiki peninsulars. The car was brought to the hotel, valet parked overnight and collected on the last day.
Thank you very much for the pleasant and social hospitality, special thanks to georgina, who helped us very patiently in choosing the taverns that interested us.
The location is excellent
Breakfast is very good
The hotel is clean and tidy and very luxurious
Sure we will come back again
Vered & Zvi
from the moment you enter this hotel, you feel welcomed,,,and you know that these people will do their utmost for you.
a small boutique hotel, with perfect location right in the center,,,,the room medium size
( dlx room) but comfortable, with a balcony.....
right in the lobby they have a basket with free pastries filled all day long,,,with croissants, bagels,etc,,,,,
the front desk staff,, all of them excellent,, helping in any way they can,,,
breakfast: very special with all greek sweets and specialities,,,outstanding service.
in addition to the extensive buffet ( including salmon and caviar),,there is an additional a la carte menu...
one of the best 5 stars hotels i have ever been.,,,,take this opportunity to thank all staff for our unforgettable stay in thessaloniki.
we will definitely return to this remarkable hotel