What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Great location in the bustling heart of Greece’s second city, near both shops and sights
- Classic historic exterior and equally stylish public areas, rooms and suites
- Rooftop bar overlooking the city center for breakfast
- Ultra-helpful, multi-lingual concierge service to help you plan museum visits, make restaurant recommendations and reservations, airport transfers and onward travel arrangements
- Most rooms and suites have private balconies for a breath of fresh air
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- This is a luxurious city hotel, great for a short stay to explore Thessaloniki, but not for a longer holiday
- Good for business travelers and grown-up couples, but not so perfect for families
- The Excelsior’s restaurant and bars are adequate, but there’s a much bigger choice of places to eat and drink just a few steps from the door
- No pool, and the nearest beach is miles away, but Elemis spa treatments help to compensate
- Nearby Plateia Aristotelous (Aristotle Square) is occasionally the scene of noisy rallies by opponents of the Greek government’s economic austerity measures
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Excelsior Hotel in Thessaloniki, you’ll be minutes from Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki and Aristotelous Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Cinema Museum and Museum of the Macedonian Struggle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 34 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and a turndown service.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. Car valet parked at local car park. Courtesy drink while our room was prepared. Welcome hospitality tray in room which was spacious and elegant. Location fantastic near shops, restaurants and sea.
Cool oasis of calm in the busy city. Perfect location for everything, shopping, eating, nightlife, culture, promenading -just walk out the door. Its all been said on other reviews and they are true. Relaxing breakfast room now on the ground floor, sit and watch the world rush by. Dont hesitate - just book it ! Hi Artemis, Maria and Konstantis crew.
The location of The Excelsior Hotel could not be better : bang in the middle of the busy center, a very short stroll to the esplanade, lots of restaurants around. It has a very trendy, but small lounge, corridors and a restaurant that spills out onto the footpath.
Our room 13 was rather small - it is a bit of a squeeze to get rid of all your luggage - but with all modern comforts (great wifi, safe, slippers, robes, all very clean and high quality). It has a small balcony overlooking the busy street, through the trees foliage, but great isolation, so we did not notice any street noise during the nights. On arrival we got some small snacks and bottle of wine, which a nice gesture. Our bathroom was ridiculously small : a sink, shower and WC squeezed in the tiniest space, just enough for only 1 person at the time. There were good & plenty of amenities and soft, clean white towels.
All staff were super friendly and helpful : I specifically must mention Maria at the front desk, because she gave us three unbelievable restaurant recommendations. But her colleagues, and the restaurant staff, were just as professional.
Breakfast was truly superb : magnificent setting, beautiful presentation : all fresh quality, freshly squeezed OJ and grapefruit, delicious, crunchy bread & pastry. The eggs we ordered and the double cappuccino were "to die for".
We truly enjoyed our stay in Thessaloniki and The Excelsior contributed substantially to this wonderful experience.