What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Great location in the bustling heart of Greece’s second city, near both shops and sights
- Classic historic exterior and equally stylish public areas, rooms and suites
- Rooftop bar overlooking the city center for breakfast
- Ultra-helpful, multi-lingual concierge service to help you plan museum visits, make restaurant recommendations and reservations, airport transfers and onward travel arrangements
- Most rooms and suites have private balconies for a breath of fresh air
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- This is a luxurious city hotel, great for a short stay to explore Thessaloniki, but not for a longer holiday
- Good for business travelers and grown-up couples, but not so perfect for families
- The Excelsior’s restaurant and bars are adequate, but there’s a much bigger choice of places to eat and drink just a few steps from the door
- No pool, and the nearest beach is miles away, but Elemis spa treatments help to compensate
- Nearby Plateia Aristotelous (Aristotle Square) is occasionally the scene of noisy rallies by opponents of the Greek government’s economic austerity measures
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Excelsior Hotel in Thessaloniki, you’ll be minutes from Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki and Aristotelous Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Cinema Museum and Museum of the Macedonian Struggle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 34 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and a turndown service.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
Not really a 5 star. They are trying hard to be a four. If you think the Four Seasons defines a five star, this is not it. The staff at the front desk is super. The room is fine. The bathroom is a little odd. The commode and sink are on one side of the entryway and the shower is on the other. The shower was a combination rainfall and handheld.
This is a smaller boutique hotel and was designed by a French person.
They didn’t replenish the towels, coffee pods and water unless I pointed it out. There isn’t much space to put your things in the bathroom or shower areas.
They put a sweet for you in the room at night with a newsletter, but they don’t do turndown service.
The location is great. It is in central Thessaloniki a block from the Boardwalk.
They will park you car for 25 Euros a day.
This is a gem of a place. Location puts you right in the heart of beautiful and cosmopolitan Thesaloniki. Everything is walking distance. When you are a guest at Excelcier, however, each day you step into your hotel it is as though you have arrived back to you ELEGANT and exquisitely appointed home. The accommodations are exceptional. All staff is receptive and responsive to your every need. Can't wait to return to this slice of heaven next trip.
Visited Thessaloniki for a christening - spent 3 very relaxing days and hotel helped with this. Clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast perfect location. Will definitely visit again. See you soon. !