What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Great location in the bustling heart of Greece’s second city, near both shops and sights
- Classic historic exterior and equally stylish public areas, rooms and suites
- Rooftop bar overlooking the city center for breakfast
- Ultra-helpful, multi-lingual concierge service to help you plan museum visits, make restaurant recommendations and reservations, airport transfers and onward travel arrangements
- Most rooms and suites have private balconies for a breath of fresh air
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- This is a luxurious city hotel, great for a short stay to explore Thessaloniki, but not for a longer holiday
- Good for business travelers and grown-up couples, but not so perfect for families
- The Excelsior’s restaurant and bars are adequate, but there’s a much bigger choice of places to eat and drink just a few steps from the door
- No pool, and the nearest beach is miles away, but Elemis spa treatments help to compensate
- Nearby Plateia Aristotelous (Aristotle Square) is occasionally the scene of noisy rallies by opponents of the Greek government’s economic austerity measures
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Excelsior Hotel in Thessaloniki, you’ll be minutes from Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki and Aristotelous Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Cinema Museum and Museum of the Macedonian Struggle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 34 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and a turndown service.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
This hotel would be truly exceptional only if it had a better sound insulation than similarly priced hotels in Greece. The rooms are well decorated, the beds are plush and comfy, the cleanliness amazing and the a la cart breakfast (included) is superior, The central location is very convenient but, as I said, better sound insulation would have served a good purpose here. Parking is an additional cost, but that holds true for most centrally located hotels in the city. The concierge is very helpful and can give yo great tips on where to dine or club for the night.
It was our 4th stay at the Excelsior.
And once again a great experience.
We had a junior suite on the inside of the building, although the hotel is located in the city center it was quiet and we could also relax very well.
Unfortunately the breakfast is not longer served at the rooftop garden which we liked very much but in restaurant on the ground floor. The restaurant is furnished very beautiful and we could also enjoy our breakfast here in a warmly environment.
The breakfast is offered as a buffet with a very good selection of different dishes.
Additionally you can order as well some various egg specialities and coffees which are served at the table.
A big compliment to the staff (housekeeping, front desk, restaurant). Every time very friendly, helpful and always with a smile.
Next time we’re in town, we’ll stay here again.
Loved this hotel! Very good customer service - accommodating all of your needs. Lovely restful room with a very comfy bed for a good nights sleep. Well situated. Tasteful breakfast with lots of choice and good food. Very happy with my stay and would love to return one day! This was my first experience of Greece and I was not dissatisfied or disappointed- thank you for taking care of me!
Had an amazing trip. Hotel was really nice. Food and breakfast excellent. The staff were so helpful and friendly especially Dominique. Would definitely recommend and stay at this hotel again. Great central location 😁
Great location - near shops, restaurants and barely 2 blocks to sea front. My room had gorgeous, floor-to-ceiling windows, lots of natural light in the room and wood floors (a bit of street noise from late night diners below). My favorite part of this hotel was the rooftop (indoor with windows that open) terrace with beautiful breakfast buffet - breads, jams, cold meats / cheeses, yogurts, pastries, juices, and eggs and coffee, your style. There is a minimal sea view from certain seats. The Excelsior is part of a family of hotels, including a nearby business hotel with a gym, which I think you can use.