What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Great location in the bustling heart of Greece’s second city, near both shops and sights
- Classic historic exterior and equally stylish public areas, rooms and suites
- Rooftop bar overlooking the city center for breakfast
- Ultra-helpful, multi-lingual concierge service to help you plan museum visits, make restaurant recommendations and reservations, airport transfers and onward travel arrangements
- Most rooms and suites have private balconies for a breath of fresh air
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- This is a luxurious city hotel, great for a short stay to explore Thessaloniki, but not for a longer holiday
- Good for business travelers and grown-up couples, but not so perfect for families
- The Excelsior’s restaurant and bars are adequate, but there’s a much bigger choice of places to eat and drink just a few steps from the door
- No pool, and the nearest beach is miles away, but Elemis spa treatments help to compensate
- Nearby Plateia Aristotelous (Aristotle Square) is occasionally the scene of noisy rallies by opponents of the Greek government’s economic austerity measures
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Excelsior Hotel in Thessaloniki, you’ll be minutes from Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki and Aristotelous Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Cinema Museum and Museum of the Macedonian Struggle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 34 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and a turndown service.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
I was surprised to see the ground floor bar turned into breakfast venue and restaurant. The ala carte breakfast is of excellent quality and variety. Room service is perfect as always. What is missing though is a small business station, that is a computer and a printer
the hotel is simply stunning!!! The rooms are beautifully appointed and good sized considering it’s location. Its very central, right at the heart of the shopping district, on Mitropoleos street, one of the most stylish of the city. You have bars, coffee shops, restaurants and designer boutiques on your doorstep! The staff at reception were all very friendly and helpful! We were upgraded to a deluxe room and offered a welcome drink at Charlie D, the hotel’s recently renovated bistro restaurant. Breakfast is also served there and although there wasn’t a huge selection, the quality of the food is excellent!!! The only downside is the parking that is a bit troublesome given the very central location. First is very difficult to park in front of the hotel. The hotel offered to park it at a nearby parking station that charges €15.00 per day. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious hotel right at the heart of the city!!! Will most definitely be visiting again!!!
Modern and elegant small hotel at the heart of the city. Nice rooms. Excellent breakfast is served in the attached bistro. No outside noise penetrated the room. The room could have been larger but is convenient
Scenic interior best Christmas atmosphere ! Enjoying our coffee and brunch at Charlie !!Stuff very attentive and friendly happy to advice, prices are reasonable.Music was perfect , the only negative I point out it was that some people had problem with their reservation .I will visit soon , highly recomend!
I had a very nice stay during a business trip to Thessaloniki. The hotel is in the middle of the city but still quiet. I had a very warm welcome and the staff was very kind. The rooms were very tidy and comftable. I really liked the style of the hotel. Last but not least the breakfast was very good and I really enjoyed my stay there!