The Surin Phuket
What We Love
- Dramatic sunsets from the hotel’s beach bar, one of five on-site outlets
- Surin Spa has a 20-treatment menu; try the traditional Thai massage
- A central west coast location makes the Surin a great base for exploring Phuket
- Beachfront waiters deliver chilled fresh coconut juice straight to your sun lounger
What To Know
- The pool will be under renovation from June 6 to June 26, 2016
- Although just a short taxi drive from the infamous party resort of Patong, this area gets quiet at around 10:30 p.m.
- The resort is on Pansea Beach, which is accessible to the public only by boat
- Be sure to pack mosquito repellent
- Some cottages are a 10-minute walk from the center of the resort
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Surin Phuket in Choeng Thale, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Pansea Beach and close to Surin Beach. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Laem Singh Beach and Phuket Fantasea.
Make yourself at home in one of the 103 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private patios. Flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a beach bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. This resort has 2 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed at the Surin for 3 nights and already we feel this is a place we will be visiting many times over our lives. It was a truly delightful experience, and apart from the spectacular place it was the people who made our stay that special, the hospitality here cannot be overstated! They went the extra mile without a moment of hesitation to accommodate our needs, of which I assure you we had many! I would list their names but literally everyone was wonderful.
Here are a list of some things I was searching for/ had impressions about after reading the reviews and want to share:
1. Steps. I have a leg injury and steps are tough for me; make no mistake there are many all over the property however I requested a room near the reception and could very easily manage by calling for the buggy when possible. It’s quite manageable if your room isn’t far from reception so don’t let that stop you
2. Location. We chose to plan our trip by staying primarily at the resort and planning excursions to the busier areas/ sights. With the stunning (almost private) beach + basic water sports they organise + the swimming pool with a lovely afternoon tea and snacks, I would have gladly never left the resort at all. However it was very easy to catch a taxi to any of the locations in Phuket and the hotel arranges for them at a moments notice from 8am onward at a reasonable rate.
3. The room. We stayed in a deluxe hillside cottage and a beach suite, the beach suite is really beyond compare but the less expensive cottage is wonderful and all rooms have a small deck with a view. The room itself is amazing, spacious and stocked with no plastic packaging and really high quality locally made toiletries and beach necessities. I really appreciate this sensitivity; personally I was floored by their approach to the environment and at the Surin it’s evident in all aspects, even the architecture which plans small cottages that gently sit on the hillside and let nature flourish. This is the reason there are so many steps as all the cottages are connected by these walkways that are sometimes nudged so as to not cut a tree!
4. The breakfast. Perhaps the best ode to their breakfast is that we never had a lunch
5. The restaurants. Perhaps here I can’t offer much insight as we only had dinner at the hotel once; their thai restaurant, the curry we had was delicious, options were limited as we are vegetarians, but that is an issue we faced in most places in Thailand so we were used to the tom yum soup, som tam salad and curry rice we generally get everywhere. The one non vegetarian amoungst us had a wonderful prawn dish, also don’t miss their passion fruit juice
I’m sure I’m missing many things I would love to add, we can’t wait to go back!
The Surin had a nice white sandy beach, was unusually clean for Phuket, great friendly staff and nice rooms. The breakfast was good too. Food in the hotel a bit expensive, small portions but good quality. Getting around the resort requires the assistance of chauffeured golf caddies, but these were available quickly. There is a daily kids club if Mum and Dad need a break!
Stayed her for 8 days which has been amazing. The service, food, location has all been outstanding and the beach is probably the best one I have ever been too! The only downside would be the way we were treated right at the end of our stay. Our flight was not until 1.30am in so we were not being picked up for our transfer until 10.30pm the evening before and check out is mid day. We had ask if we were able to keep the room until later in the day so we had a full day by the pool and then could shower before our flight, we were told it wouldn't be a problem and to go back to reception the day before to arrange. We did this but was told as the hotel was nearly full we couldnt. I told the lady on reception that the hotel website were still saying rooms available and so were booking.com. she said she would have a word with the manager and ring me back at 8pm but no phone call. We even offered to pay full price for the room to stay there for a few hours. After 2 more trips to reception they then offered us a 2 bedroom seafront cottage for half price which was dearer than the one we were staying in at full price which they were still advertised as vacancys on their website. In the end we checked out at mid day and a shower room was provided. When we came later that evening to collect our cases a couple were just checking out and paying their bill as they had kept their room on. Funny how we were not able too??