Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket
What We Love
- A welcome drink and a daily newspaper are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Residences are very generous in size and stylishly understated
- A chef will cook for you in your suite's well-appointed kitchen
- The 157-foot lap pool is lit by hundreds of tiny twinkling lights at night
What To Know
- There is only one restaurant
- There are few facilities, including restaurants and shops, nearby
- The spa is located just off the converted basement parking garage
- The beach at Bangtao Bay is not suitable for swimming during monsoon season (May through October)
- There is a compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner? charge for all stays over December 31st
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A peaceful resort near one of Phuket’s quieter beaches, Mövenpick Bangtao Beach Resort offers privacy and seclusion on this popular Thai island. The 40 apartment-style suites and residences are equipped with living areas, kitchens and balconies and are perfect for families or groups of friends. The palm tree–flanked Olympic-size pool and private beach club make it easy to relax and recuperate on-site, but venture beyond the gates and you’ll find secluded bays and idyllic islands along Phuket’s west coast.
Bed and Bath
The resort’s 40 suites and residences feel more like luxury apartments than hotel rooms. Spacious and stylish, they feature fully equipped kitchens and light and airy dining and living areas tricked out with such gadgets and gizmos as flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Bose surround-sound systems. The suites maximize natural light with a warm color palette of amber with splashes of gold and bronze, and there are plenty of windows and glass doors opening onto balconies and patios.
The Olympic-size swimming pool is set within lush gardens and has a terrace with dark wood cabanas and deck chairs. For fun and games, there’s mini golf, foosball and a children’s play area. Getting to the beach involves unlocking the outer gate of the resort with a PIN code and crossing a quiet street. The resort’s Beach Club is a delightful place to unwind on a lounge chair and enjoy a leisurely lunch or a drink overlooking the Andaman Sea.
In the Area
Scooters are an easy way to get around Phuket Island, and a friendly grandmother runs a small rental business from the back of her house just in front of the Mövenpick resort on the way to the beach. Scooters and helmets are $6 to $10 per day; you can book online prior to arrival. Longtail boats are great for visiting the region’s secluded beaches and small islands. Most popular beaches will have boats readily available for rent. The Mövenpick resort is right next to the Laguna Phuket Golf Club and a short drive from other premier courses, including Blue Canyon Country Club, Mission Hills Phuket Golf Club and the Red Mountain Phuket Golf Course. Simon Cabaret in Patong is one of Thailand’s most flamboyant and professional ladyboy cabaret shows; the company puts on three song-and-dance sets a night.
How to Get There
We spent 12 days in the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket. We was accommodated in Two-Bedroom Sea View Pool Suites.
- The suite was very comfortable, good equipped (we only lacked a coffee machine to prepare espresso coffee - in similar hotels on Phuket it was standard equipment of similar rooms)
- Attached pool was big enough to have nice time and relax (not to swim for this you can use main swimming pool which was really nice and always almost empty)
- Good breakfast with live cooking section
- Hotel is located just a few meters from the beach (you have to cross small street but with very little traffic)
- Staff very polite and helpful
- The hotel provides free transport to the local town twice a day (notice: not to Phuket) - you can make shopping or enjoy lunch.
A few less positive remarks:
- Room and attached pool could be clean a bit better manner (this is not a problem with staff but with manpower - total space is equal to almost 250 sqm so it is difficult to keep it clean for only one maid.
- Sea view - not all apartments have the same view and it is partially covered with trees.
Location of the hotel for us was good - we are looking for calm place without a lot of people so our expectation was fulfilled. Near to the hotel is local restaurant (max. 5 minutes by walk) located directly on the beach (good food, a bit more expensive than in town but still acceptable).
To sum up, it was really a very nice two weeks in a comfortable, calm place!
We stayed at this boutique hotel for a month with our 4 month old baby and we chose a seaview apartment with the private pool. We couldn't be happier with our choice! The staff is amazing, as is the place. Don't let the other reviews of 'run down' place scare you: the whole property was being renovated at that time. The food quality of the restaurant is very very high, and the choice for breakfast is great. The spa treatments are top notch (best massage I've ever had in Thailand) and Gratsiela, Michael and the whole team will make you feel welcome. Thank you again for an amazing time!
My first time at Movenpick Bangtao Phuket, really amazing property and the staff is amazing at their service and going beyond to assist and help. My wife and thoroughly enjoyed the Spa experience, talented masseuse Khun Nim and A were amazing. The Food and cocktails are all outstanding and not a single dish you can complain about. Will be back again
We selected to stay here again for our summer break. My Seaview Pool unit was spacious, clean with beautiful Andaman sea. Staff at front office, restaurants and housekeeping are attentive and fast to details.Sad to leave but sure will be back again.
This trip has been our best getaway ever. The villa with its private pool, huge live in areas and kitchen was just perfect. We had a private chef on one evening. Mr Ap cooked us some lovely Thai dishes which was a great experience. The staff were beyond helpful and friendly. Kudos and special mention to Gratsiela and Fang at the reception who went out of their way to ensure our satisfaction was met at all times from booking tours to buying souvenirs. I will be back for sure and anyone traveling to Phuket should stay at this hotel at least once. Location, cleanliness and service all superbly managed.