What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast and a one-way transfer to/from Phuket International Airport
- Happening location on Phuket’s yacht-studded southwest coast
- The angular infinity pool overlooks the Andaman Sea
- Hanging out in the spa’s psychedelic energy pod following a 90-minute Thai massage
What To Know
- Opened November 28, 2014
- The pathways around the property are extremely steep; the hotel provides golf carts to shuttle guests up and down the hillside
- It's a 10-minute stroll to the beach
- Book ahead for the popular champagne Sunday brunch
- Free WiFi
- Room Service
Shooting out from a cliff edge in southwest Phuket, Kata Rock’s collection of bright white villas looks like a fleet of spaceships about to take off. At their center is an awesome angular infinity pool surrounded by curvy white sunbeds that gaze out at an IMAX-quality view of the emerald-green Andaman Sea. Pick your way down the stairs to the eponymous rocks (gigantic boulders rubbed smooth by waves) and watch fisherman patiently pulling white snapper and wahoo from the sea.
Bed and Bath
All of the 34 villas boast killer Andaman Sea views from their sizable pool terraces, and the art gallery–style interiors ensure that the ocean takes center stage. The predominantly white palette is offset by cappuccino-colored rugs and clever lighting. There are also expansive living and dining areas, fully fitted kitchens with breakfast bars, and cavernous bathrooms. The one-bedroom duplex suites are honeymoon-worthy, while the four-bedroom behemoths, with their outdoor cooking stations, cocktail bars and 45-foot swimming pools, are where the party’s at.
Despite the runway-ready visuals, a stay at Kata Rocks is as much about feeling good as looking good. The poolside bar and restaurant have a Mediterranean and Thai menu and are made for languorous afternoons and spectacular sunsets; the three-hour Sunday champagne brunch is a particular hit with Phuket sophisticates, so book in advance. The Infinite Luxury spa combines classic Thai treatments with fragrant Ila products and cutting-edge facilities.
In the Area
Kata is home to not one but two beautiful beaches: the cute, crescent-shaped Kata Noi and the sweeping silver sands of Kata Yai. In the high season (November to April) you can rent longtail boats at either one and head out to top snorkeling spots such as Nui Beach. Throughout the rest of the year you can learn to surf. For more aqua-based activities, take a 10-minute taxi ride to Ao Chalong pier, for diving and snorkeling trips around the Coral and Raya islands. Kick off your flippers at Re Ka Ta, a funky beach club where revelers dance barefoot in the sand.
How to Get There
Staying with a friend who uses this place as his Phuket office. Amazing view and great place for a drink - the bar has a tapas menu with some great snacks like croquettes, crab cakes etc. 5 Star all the way.
- The ocean view from the balcony is simply amazing
- Nice modern decor and the electronics (blinds, control lighting from any TVs in any room,)
- Unit comes with a mobile phone with free local call and internet
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of utensils and kitchenware
- Common pool area also has amazing view
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Hotel located in a small alley with no visible signs, circled around for a while while wondering if Google map was wrong (it wasn't), hard to get in and out of on your own
- Property is built on a hill with limited space for road/walkway, if a buggy is on the narrow road, you won't have space to dodge to the side
- Lots of mosquitoes in the bedroom/bathroom
- Literally built on a rock (cliff), so you'll have to get off the property to go to the nearest beach
- Bedrooms in our unit doesn't have any view of the ocean
- Many units are semi-private, meaning other people might be able to see you from the pool
- Most other unit all have at least one room with direct ocean view, but not the 2-bedroom we booked
- Our booking come with THB resort 3,000 credit, which can be used up quickly if you dine at the hotel very expensive restaurant
- Due to the picturesque nature of the pool/restaurant, there might be a lot of noisy guests who might not even be staying at the hotel partying in the common pool area
Wow, what an unbelievable week at Kata Rocks. The stay was so amazing, we needed to write a review to thank the entire Kata Rocks team (Rock Stars)
It started with our transfer from Phuket airport their private luxury van that included snacks and a widescreen TV. We arrived early at noon and our room was not
ready yet due to the high occupancy. The demand is high so if you are second guessing, I would advise against it since there are only a few type of suite categories and they book quickly. We were fortunate enough to book an Ocean Pool Loft. Since our room wasn’t ready we went to the Spa which was conveniently close by. It was a great choice because the SPA service was amazing. We went for a 2nd time during our stay. The amenities were few in comparison to other 5 star resorts we’ve stayed at, (no pool, or sauna, waterfalls, koi ponds etc) but they made up for it in service. One of the best massages we’ve had to date. They have received many Awards for their Spa and also their restaurant.
Once we arrived to our loft, it took our breath away, we were there to witness our first sunset at the resort from our room. Sunsets are amazing here. From the privacy of your room or at dinner or at the bar around 6:30pm. The restaurant is open to the public and there are about 5-6 exclusive tables, so I suggest reserving your spot early if you decide on dinner. The service at Kata Rocks is exceptional in all areas, room service, nightly turn down service, reception, the management, breakfast service, dinner service. The resort only has one restaurant and you tend to see the same staff , so it’s nice because it starts to feel like a family after the first day and they remember what you like and your tendencies. As mine was ordering a Passion Fruit smoothie at breakfast or Passion Fruit Cocktail at the cozy bar. The views are spectacular and we plan on going back soon. Our 2nd home in Thailand.
If you want to have a romantic stay here with your significant other or family, this is the place to spend your time.
Thank you to the director, managers and all the staff, thank you from bottom of our hearts.
Tip: book a private dinner on the Rocks. It’s one of the most romantic things you can do. Proposal worthy.
*with only one restaurant, you may want to venture out to Red Duck for a change of scenery, an excellent place for local Thai food. Walking distance.
Also Gym is excellent and well maintained.
Staying here June 9th till 16th so still here for a few days.
Awesome place to stay, expensive but worth it Villas near the ocean have quite a bit of ocean noise but are very private. Staff are very friendly and will attend to your every need.
Gym is fantastic.
The restaurant has a good menu and selection of cocktails. Avoid the pork belly as it is 99% fat 1% pork. Everything else we have had has been great.
Only complaints are the worn chairs and a dirty shower .
The positives far out way the the negatives.
We had such a great dinner here. It was beautiful setting the service was quick and polite. We had the burrata and the paella both tasted good. Highly recommend. Try to get there during sunset we were there after sunset and still beautiful but I bet during sunset is even more amazing