B-Lay Tong Phuket
What We Love
- Beachfront location at the quieter north end of Patong Beach
- Unusual see-through swimming pool with a swim-up cocktail and smoothie bar
- Grand Deluxe Rooms have a private Jacuzzi
- Couples can get pampered together at the indulgent B Spa
What To Know
- Local artworks in each room, and there's an on-site gallery
- The bathrooms have see-through glass walls (with blinds for privacy)
- The B-Hive Gallery BaRestaurant has an outside area for guests
- Free WiFi
- Though in a quiet(ish) area, the hotel makes a great crash pad for party people
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
At the northern end of Patong Beach, the B-Lay Tong is a fun five-star beachfront retreat. The exterior is made up of minimalist modern blocks interspersed with bright multicolored glass walls and circular windows, and the awesome see-through infinity pool features partially submerged loungers and a swim-up cocktail and smoothie bar. The bright and breezy guestrooms are decorated in the four different element colors (red, blue, green and yellow), in keeping with feng shui principles. Bold local artworks adorn the walls (there’s also an in-house art gallery), and all rooms come with rainfall showers and a private balcony. Romantics should splurge on a Grand Deluxe Room, which has an outdoor hot tub and a love seat. Evenings are best spent in the 198 Lobby Bar watching the sun set over the Andaman Sea, or at the B-Hive Gallery BaRestaurant; try the signature honey cocktail and dine on Asian and international fare.
In the Area
The hotel is at the quieter northern end of Patong Beach but within easy reach of the area’s legendary party scene. It’s a 20-minute walk from Bangla Road, which has enough bars, clubs and revelers to keep you busy until the small hours. To the north of Patong Bay is Kamala beach and Phuket FantaSea, an evening theme and cultural park with nightly shows. There are also plenty of outdoor activities on offer across the island, from beach massages and elephant rides to canoeing and golf. If you’re looking to sample some local cuisine, take a cab to Baan Noy, near the south coast, for some of the best seafood on Phuket.
How to Get There
We decided to book this place for our 3 nights stay. Me and my girlfriend love it so much the room perfect and the pool excellent we love to swim very much while our free during the days. Great staff for anything you need always kindness. We can walk to the city about 15 minutes walk and find restaurant along the way. Thai food are delicious! I will back to stay this hotel again for sure !
This was the first foreign trip I took with my wife and it turned out ok. The check in was ok . the room was ok. The hotel , unfortunately, has seen better days. It is running on one USP, it's location , at one end of the beach. The city centre is about 20 minutes walk and the beach , across the road.
The room we had overlooked the pool and a view of the ocean , which was nice. Aircon was iffy and WiFi, well , not there ! No tub in the bathroom, but it was spacious , as was the room.
Food , is ok. Breakfast is not a great spread , but adequate. We went nearby or the city centre for our meals.
staff is very courteous, and polite. Very prompt sometimes, sometimes not !
overall , if prices are lowered, it will be worth the stay.
I will never stay here again and I will actively tell my friends to avoid this property. I live in Bangkok, travel a lot, and have lots of friends who travel. You can forget all of our business. So, I hope your berating a potential repeat customer over a $4 hand towel (or a $1 bottle of bleach...) was worth it....
Everything was great, until I checked out. I've never been subject to an intentional attempt at humiliating a guest by hotel staff, until that day. The morning I checked out, I accidentally spilt tea on a hand towel. Although I apologized and said it was an accident, the hotel staff demanded I pay. (We are not talking about high-end silk here....) I politely refused, explaining that it was an accident. (Note, I left a tip for the housekeeper in my room -- if the hotel, for whatever reason, was so adamant about me paying, than they had plenty of money to pay for it.) Hotel staff followed me to my taxi, confronting me with the tea-stained hand towel. I don't blame the staff -- I assume they were just doing their job as they were trained -- but Is this really how you train your staff to treat guests???
I cannot imagine being treated that way at a Novotel, Intercontinental, or Marriott property. I hate saying this, but I will think twice next time about booking a local hotel, and will likely stick with an internationally recognized brand where I know guests are treated with respect.
First of all, I would like to address to the Mr. Daow Sittichan - the Resident Manager of the hotel. I have read all you respond to the previous guest in Tripadvisor and I found that you're never done what you promise and I guess it's came worse and the following experience would like to share to everyone whom may book your hotel.....trust me...DO NOT STAY IN THIS GUEST HOUSE!
1. My family and I stayed in your hotel from 28 July - 03 Aug 2018 and room No. 214, 215, 217 & 218 (US$ 160 per room per nights).... first-night power was broken down (All Building) and asking the manager at the front desk...he said, not only your room every room is same don't be surprised.... it always happens....speechless(><)...the disappointed things is he never ask do we have any assistance needed.
2. No toothpaste and toothbrush provided unless you request ...Four Star Hotel?
3. Very poor lighting around the hotel.
4.WiFi is terrible always log out automatically
5.Tiles falling off in the pool & poor water quality
6. No lifeguard on duty at the swimming pool.
7. Dirty & damage bath towl (See attached photos)
8. Breakfast is expected simple and no too much variety, they provide a fire egg station but if you order boil egg.....fire egg will be served..
9. The dining room is no airconditioning provide and there has a huge number of mosquito all around you so, you better eat cup noddle in the room.
10. The outdoor swimming pool has a lot of broken tiles, one day my daughter's leg was getting cut when she swimming (bleeding) and asking for First AID box for assistance, SORRY ....no such items.
Finally, our holiday is wasted and I don't believe the Reseident Manager will improve as he was promised many time in TripAdvisor therefore, please don't stay there....
From Hong Kong - Man Ieong & Family's
It is just next to Patong beach, one of the most famous beach in Phuket.
When me and my friend arrived at the hotel, we were so hungry (almost midnight)
We decided to order Room service.
Phad Thai, Honey Citrus Salad and Penne Pomodoro!
the Food were so great.
Breakfast was awosome!! (The dimsum and Eggs)
also the quality of bed.... GREAT! I wanted to stick on the bed all day long,
from the Pool, the view is also good. you guys can see the Beach without any obstacles.
Love to stay there again once i go to Phuket again!