Ayara Hilltops Boutique Resort & Spa
What We Love
- A romantic hillside hideaway in Phuket, with breakfast and optional extrasTaking your time savoring the delicious local fare in the Spice Poolside restaurant
- Indulging in a couple's spa treatment, included when you stay seven nights or more
- Gazing out over the stunning views from your lofty location in the hilltops
What To Know
- Located a 30-minute drive from Phuket International Airport; you can arrange airport transfers through the resort
- Secure your treatment slot at Spa Sereniti with advanced booking
- The property is large but complimentary buggy service via Phuket-style "songthaews" is available
Live the Thai life in this peaceful, adults-only retreat tucked away in the hills overlooking Surin Bay and the turquoise Andaman Sea. Local materials, such as stone and wood, are used to great effect throughout Ayara Hilltops Boutique Resort & Spa, creating picturesque walkways and romantic hideaways, interspersed with waterfalls and lotus ponds. Designed in Thai-meets-Bali fashion, with tiled roofs, picture windows and airy terraces, the collection of villas are perched on the lush slopes, peeking through tropical foliage and flowers.
The idyllic destination Spa Sereneti – complete with Shiseido products – is where you can spend part of each dream-like day having your cares soothed away. Take your time over the delicious local fare in the Spice Poolside restaurant to embrace the best of Thai traditions in a calm and tranquil setting. And being close to many of Phuket’s popular attractions, including Surin and Bang Tao beaches, means you can enjoy the best of both worlds. The resort easily obtained a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
How to Get There
My wife came here on our honey moon in September and it was a truly excellent luxury experience from beginning to end.
The staff were friendly and attentive and great at anticipating our needs and taking care of everything without us even needing to ask.
The room and hotel grounds were stunning and we felt safe and relaxed the whole time. We were there in low season so the resort was very quiet which we enjoyed a lot. Despite there not being many guests we still had full access to all the amenities and didnt see any reduction in the quality or timeliness of service.
This was my first spa experience as well and it was wonderful, my wife and I booked in for a couples steam and deep tissue thai massage and had a really great time. The staff were professional and efficient.
Several great bars and restaurants as well as the lovely Surin Beach within easy walking distance made this a perfect location for us, and front desk team made it easy to arrange transportation elsewhere as needed. Overall price wise was a good value for the quality and convenience of dining/drinking in the hotel; if we wanted a cheaper option is was easy to get to one of the local markets or night spots.
Ayara is perfect for couples trying to have a quiet and private luxury experience and we will definitely stay here again if we return to Thailand
Stayed for eight nights. The villa was amazing with beautiful views of the ocean and sunset. The staff were very friendly and always helpful. The pool was the perfect place to relax, have a few drinks and food between heading out on tours.
Excellent villas and very good price point. A couple of minor drawbacks for me:
1. Road between hotel and beach was pretty busy. First couple of days were find but the walk up and down the hill to your room gets old real fast.
2. The A/C didn't really work well and I am almost positive the thermostat didn't really control the temperature.
Ayara is a great choice though if you want to be at Surin beach, which is still one of our favorite locations having been to Phuket over a dozen times.