What We Love
- 2015 Jetsetter Hotel Food Award Winner
- Guests are welcomed with an exotic fruit basket filled with dragonfruit and lychees
- Riverfront location creates a calming ambience at this city hotel
- Chi Spa, which incorporates Himalayan singing bowls, healing stones and exfoliating mountain barley
- The city’s best Italian restaurant
- Special privileges for Horizon Club Rooms include expedited check-in and breakfast
- Book a Krungthep Deluxe Balcony Room, in the newer wing of the hotel, and get breakfast and butler service
What To Know
- The location means easy access to the Skytrain, Bangkok’s best public transport system
- The rainy season (July through October) can mean high levels of humidity
- The airport is only about 15 miles away, but the drive can take an hour; ask your cabdriver to take the expressway and pay the toll (about $3; the time you’ll save is well worth it)
- Some rooms allow smoking
- The hotel as a New Year minimum stay policy; please see the details section for more information.
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok places you in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Bangkok Seashell Museum and Wat Yan Nawa. This 5-star hotel is close to Wat Arun and Wat Pho.
Make yourself at home in one of the 802 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s 7 restaurants and 3 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Bangkok? This hotel has 62173 square feet (5776 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We enjoyed celebrating Loy Kratong at Shangrila lobby lounge because of the superb service by the waiters who was manage by Khun Joy. The night became even more special because of the music care of no other than the soulful singer of Bangkok, Ms. Lilibeth. I highly recommend to listen to her amazing voice
I have been using the hotels of the Shangri-La chain in Singapore, Hong Kong (both), Shanghai, Jangon,...
but the one where I stay most frequently is the one in BKK. This year I have already been 5 times for a total of over 20 nights which, by itself, is a testament to the value of their accomodation proposal. The rooms are very comfortable, the room service is excellent and the view is breathtaking: I love opening the curtains in the morning and admiring the skyline over the Chao Praya with the boats navigating. Additional benefits are the magnificent hall with piano and singer at night, and the direct communication with the BTS station after a very long walk through the corridors enjoying the air conditioning.
I just left yesterday and the previous week end the Hotel was hosting the ASEAN leaders meeting. I believe the Korean delegation stayed at the hotel and I was in the hall when Xi Jinping, China leader, arrived with an impressive security detail. Hosting the important meeting for many Asian countries is another objective recognition of the quality of the Hotel.
Finally, the location is fantastic between the river and Silom road, very close to the Jewelry Trade Center where everybody can go and buy gemstones at prices that for Europeans are simply ridiculous.
This is a wonderful five star hotel. The rooms are beautiful, clean, comfortable and quiet. Restaurant fantastic, food great, can't say enough about our stay here, o ly wish it could have been longer. Highly recommend!