Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
What We Love
- Breakfast by the river: a first class menu, excellent service and a parade of riverboats
- Afternoons by the pool, relaxing in one of the canopied, cushioned cabanas
- Most rooms and suites have river views, a treat in this sprawling city
- High tea in the all-white Author’s Lounge, in the original Oriental Hotel
- The sense of class that pervades all things Mandarin Oriental
- Bedtime quotations on your pillow from famous authors, about the wonders of sleep
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected by Jetsetter at checkout
- The hotel is in central Bangkok and right on the Chao Phraya River – which means spacious views from most rooms, riverside dining and easy access (from the hotel jetty) to Bangkok attractions such as the Grand Palace
- Bangkok is tropically hot year-round; the hotel is fully air conditioned, but try to avoid visiting in May, the rainy season, when the heat and humidity can be extreme
- The spa and the hotel’s Thai restaurant, Sala Rim Naam, are across the river from the main hotel, accessible by the hotel’s teak shuttle boat
- The hotel was last renovated 2010
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok places you in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Bangkok Seashell Museum and Si Phraya Pier. This 5-star hotel is close to Wat Arun and Wat Pho.
Make yourself at home in one of the 368 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. LCD televisions with cable programming are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Bangkok? This hotel has 21229 square feet (1972 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
I have staying in The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok forty years. The high standards have been maintained on every trip that I have made, If you need help in a matter the concierge and the other from desk staff is always ready to help.
Just had our tenth visit to this amazing hotel. I have traveled extensively and this is the best hotel in the world. Great pool area for tranquil relaxation, food great staff remember us from one year to the next. We feel like part of the family. Part of the hotel closes next month for renovation so I look forward to seeing the new rooms next visit.
We stayed in the hotel for one night to celebrate important events (wedding and 30th birthday). We were perfectly welcomed and felt special throughout the whole stay. Service was amazing. The rooms in the Garden View wing are lovely. Swimming pool is calm, upscale and perfect for a swim. The breakfast was delicious and served with a great view on the river. In a few words: a wonderful taste of luxury for us. Not sure when we will be able to come back but for sure it will be a long-lasting memory for us.
I did not know what to expect when I first booked with the MO Bangkok. This is not a cheap hotel and there are many other high end hotels in the area that charge less. Having spent 4 nights at the MO, I have to say that it was worth every penny and then some. It was modern convenience meets old world charm. Their service is impeccable and harks from a bygone era. Our every need was anticipated. After the first night, when I asked for ice to sent to our room, there was always ice in the room, regardless of the time of day or night. When we ate all the complimentary mangosteens in the room, we returned in the evening to find a huge bowl of them place on the coffee table for our enjoyment. It is these small touches, coupled with resort like feel (despite being in the heart of a busy city), that will have me coming back to this hotel again in the future. For a hotel this big, it is hard to treat each guest like you know them. The MO Bangkok managed that. Like I said, worth every penny.
Loved the service, the room and the overall vibe in the hotel. Good restaurant options and its location by the sea is definitely a plus. They upgraded me for free too. Will be back next year. Recommend for all business traveler.