Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
What We Love
- Breakfast by the river: a first class menu, excellent service and a parade of riverboats
- Afternoons by the pool, relaxing in one of the canopied, cushioned cabanas
- Most rooms and suites have river views, a treat in this sprawling city
- High tea in the all-white Author’s Lounge, in the original Oriental Hotel
- The sense of class that pervades all things Mandarin Oriental
- Bedtime quotations on your pillow from famous authors, about the wonders of sleep
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected by Jetsetter at checkout
- The hotel is in central Bangkok and right on the Chao Phraya River – which means spacious views from most rooms, riverside dining and easy access (from the hotel jetty) to Bangkok attractions such as the Grand Palace
- Bangkok is tropically hot year-round; the hotel is fully air conditioned, but try to avoid visiting in May, the rainy season, when the heat and humidity can be extreme
- The spa and the hotel’s Thai restaurant, Sala Rim Naam, are across the river from the main hotel, accessible by the hotel’s teak shuttle boat
- The hotel was last renovated 2010
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok places you in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Bangkok Seashell Museum and Si Phraya Pier. This 5-star hotel is close to Wat Arun and Wat Pho.
Make yourself at home in one of the 368 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. LCD televisions with cable programming are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Bangkok? This hotel has 21229 square feet (1972 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
An amazing hotel. Impeccable service, fantastic food choices, perfect combination of modern and classic. Standing out amongst the other luxury hotels in BKK.
The hotel areal is well divided into various parts, which gives it a boutique impression despite the overall size.
Fantastic place to stay - we will come back.
One of the best hotels in the world: it dazzles with the perfection of service, warmth, attention to every detail, excellent cuisine. I experienced this perfection 25 years ago. Nothing has changed, everything is perfect. I recommend highly.
I have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok three times in my life and every time I have been there to stay I feel like I am coming home to a great and friendly atmosphere because the staff are SO attentive and welcoming. I cannot stress enough how amazing the service is. Even if you have the smallest request it is not too much for the staff and they are more than happy to help. When I have been there I have stayed in quite luxurious rooms however, if I ever get the chance to go back I will be happy to stay in the most basic room because what I love most about the hotel is being able to have breakfast on the terrace by the river. Also I would like to say that their coffee is especially delicious!
I want to give a special mention to a member of the hotel staff, Peter. Peter, thank you so much for your excellent service! You are so kind and helpful and I hope to see you again if I ever do return to the Mandarin Oriental. 10/10 I would recommend this hotel if you ever do get the chance to travel to Bangkok.