Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
What We Love
- Breakfast by the river: a first class menu, excellent service and a parade of riverboats
- Afternoons by the pool, relaxing in one of the canopied, cushioned cabanas
- Most rooms and suites have river views, a treat in this sprawling city
- High tea in the all-white Author’s Lounge, in the original Oriental Hotel
- The sense of class that pervades all things Mandarin Oriental
- Bedtime quotations on your pillow from famous authors, about the wonders of sleep
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected by Jetsetter at checkout
- The hotel is in central Bangkok and right on the Chao Phraya River – which means spacious views from most rooms, riverside dining and easy access (from the hotel jetty) to Bangkok attractions such as the Grand Palace
- Bangkok is tropically hot year-round; the hotel is fully air conditioned, but try to avoid visiting in May, the rainy season, when the heat and humidity can be extreme
- The spa and the hotel’s Thai restaurant, Sala Rim Naam, are across the river from the main hotel, accessible by the hotel’s teak shuttle boat
- The hotel was last renovated 2010
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok places you in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Bangkok Seashell Museum and Si Phraya Pier. This 5-star hotel is close to Wat Arun and Wat Pho.
Make yourself at home in one of the 368 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. LCD televisions with cable programming are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Bangkok? This hotel has 21229 square feet (1972 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Staying at the nearby Shangri-La hotel we came to Mandarin Oriental on 21st of August 21.15 to have a drink at Bamboo Bar and to listen to good jazz music accordingly. We really enjoyed Bangkok and also wanted to find another hotel to stay for a 3 days stop next year as we plan to go to Cambodia. What a disappointment to be welcomed by a so dismissive and haughty door keeper! We asked our way to the Bamboo Bar and were brutally told that our 12 yo son was not welcome! More than the information given about our son, the way we were asked to go is totally unacceptable. We’re very used to 5 stars and more hotels and we’ve never been talked this rude. Running a 5 stars hotel must be a hard job but I’m very sure that disregarding and disconsidering actual and potential clients doesn’t help. We still don’t understand why our son were not allowed to access the bar as we’ve been to Lebua Sky bar and Banyan Tree Moon bar during our stay in Bangkok. Anyway, we won’t consider anymore staying in any Mandarin Oriental hotel anywhere after such an unpleasant experience.
I stayed 4 nights with my wife.
We were deeply impressed by hospitality and kindness of all the hotel staff. They warmly speak to us with best smile every time. In addition to that, room keeping is perfect. we could enjoy welcome fruits, macarons, petit hors d'œuvres every night. On the pillows, there ware different messages cards with the orchids every day. In case of trouble or request, we could call the butler by pushing the button easily.
All the dishes and drinks were very excellent, especially french restaurant Le Normandie gave us good memory that will remain with us forever.
Oriental Hotel arranged an forgettable travel in Bangkok for us. We`d like to say thank you!
I grow up traveling to and from Bangkok all my life and at the end there is really no better hotel in Bangkok. In terms of service and quality... there really is no others to compare. Service is genuinely warm and friendly but not contrived. I always look forward to returning and enjoying my stay. See you again soon.