Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
What We Love
- Breakfast by the river: a first class menu, excellent service and a parade of riverboats
- Afternoons by the pool, relaxing in one of the canopied, cushioned cabanas
- Most rooms and suites have river views, a treat in this sprawling city
- High tea in the all-white Author’s Lounge, in the original Oriental Hotel
- The sense of class that pervades all things Mandarin Oriental
- Bedtime quotations on your pillow from famous authors, about the wonders of sleep
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected by Jetsetter at checkout
- The hotel is in central Bangkok and right on the Chao Phraya River – which means spacious views from most rooms, riverside dining and easy access (from the hotel jetty) to Bangkok attractions such as the Grand Palace
- Bangkok is tropically hot year-round; the hotel is fully air conditioned, but try to avoid visiting in May, the rainy season, when the heat and humidity can be extreme
- The spa and the hotel’s Thai restaurant, Sala Rim Naam, are across the river from the main hotel, accessible by the hotel’s teak shuttle boat
- The hotel was last renovated 2010
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok places you in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Bangkok Seashell Museum and Si Phraya Pier. This 5-star hotel is close to Wat Arun and Wat Pho.
Make yourself at home in one of the 368 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. LCD televisions with cable programming are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Bangkok? This hotel has 21229 square feet (1972 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We where picked up at the airport in their new BMW and where greeted on our arrival by the manager, lovely thought. He is French and has studied in Switzerland at Ecole des Roches, in Bluche. Our stay was amazing and we loved our butler "Papoune" he was very thoughtful. Great service our suite has a great view on the river and the Italian restaurant is also amazing.
I really loved my stay at this hotel. The room was quite spacious, clean and the service from everyone was impeccable . Mandarin Oriental is on the list if my favorite hotels so far. Should i be visiting Thailand again, i will surely be staying at the Mandarin Oriental.
The location is just perfect. Some of the area is under construction. The service is excellent. Especially the fine restaurants have there value. We loved the CIAO and the Library for the afternoon tea. The ferry service to the great shopping center is just perfect. It is a must see place .
We stayed only two nights in Bangkok on our way from the Golden Triangle to Phuket. We chose the Mandarin as it was recommended by our travel agent, Scott Dunn. A couple days before arriving I was notified there was considerable construction at the hotel. One wing of the hotel was closed as well as the pool and a few restaurants. They arranged a pop up fitness center and spa across the river, just a short boat ride. I was apprehensive before arriving but the Mandarin went above and beyond to make sure our stay was extraordinary! Management greeted us upon arrival. We were offered a spa service and cooking class (which we did not accept due to our tours already planned). They upgraded us to a beautiful suite, arranged dinners, transportation, even sent me a birthday cake! Our butler was available at a moments notice. The service was exemplary! I would certainly return and look forward to their renovations. I’m sure it will be perfection.
Dear Fellow Traveller,
Would like to highly recommend this fabulous Chinese restaurant with a divine menu located within the premises of the Mandarin hotel in Bangkok.
I had a sweet and sour chicken,eggplant with garlic in a special X.O. sauce with rice,followed by an exotic jasmine tea.
Every dish was mouth watering and a candy for the eyes.
Would highly recommend for any occasion or simply if you are in the mood for high quality Chinese food.
Yours sincerely,Julia Erickson.