Hansar Bangkok Hotel
What We Love
- Daily continental breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Spacious suites — some rooms have a unique garden wall; others have views of Bangkok
- Khao Niew Ma Muang (mango sticky rice) on the room service menu
- The minibar is restocked each day with goodies like Toblerone chocolate
- A refreshing outdoor infinity pool with flowering plumeria trees (a treat on Bangkok’s hot days)
- About a two-minute walk from the BTS Skytrain
What To Know
- Fancy some beach time too? Book a package, including two or three nights at the Hansar Samui in Koh Samui, and save big
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be added to the rate and collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Good for couples seeking romance or singles looking for a quiet stay; families will feel out of place here
- WiFi is free but can be slow in some suites
- The hotel has a restaurant, but be sure to venture out into the city for authentic, inexpensive Thai food
- Don’t expect to get a tan; the pool area is not in direct sunlight all day
- The hotel opened in December 2010
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Hansar Bangkok Hotel is in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Police General Hospital and Erawan Shrine. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Amarin Plaza and Erawan Mall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 62 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Satellite programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This is my second stay in Hansar after quite a few years and it is still a good hotel. The rooms are huge and well appointed. The breakfast was very nice as I do prefer the ala carte style offered. The location is great and next to a BTS, which is very important, and near major shopping centres. It is next to a busy intersection which means traffic can be congested. The service is good but not top-notch, but certainly ok considering the price point.
This is our repeated visit to this hotel. So, generally it is still one of the best hotels in Bangkok, given its close proximity to the BTS and it's central location means that it's never too far from anywhere. The rooms are well insulated against the typical busy and noisy city traffic, and hot weather.
However, there's still room for improvement. 1) be prepared for lots of houseflies in the breakfast area. The hotel ought to permanently shut off the access to the outdoor dining area by the roadside, and invest in one of those blue light electric zippers to control the persistent pests.
2) invest in faster and more reliable internet connections in the room. We had to reset our WiFi router every few minutes whenever the internet is down, and even when it's working it took extremely long time to download anything.
3) room amenities such as cotton swabs and shampoo bottle were at times not replenished. A proper checklist would help ensure consistent quality of service.
When I reach the hotel, there’s a big warm welcome by the staff. Along with the welcome drink and cold towel, the check in is seamless and hassle free. We got a high floor room where have a nice view of the city. The room is spacious and the interior is something we looking forward to.
We decide to go something a little pricey this time and it totally worth the price. The wooden flooring, the big bed, the large walk in bath room and living space, we were amazed and doesn’t feel like any other hotel at all.
There’s only one down side is the air conditioning seems doesn’t go any cooler with the extreme hot weather during Songkran Season. The pool is wonderful, the water temperature is just nice and plenty of pool chairs to use.
The breakfast in hotel was ok, nothing surprised to shout out. The selection were pretty “healthy” I think. Haha cause they doesn’t serve any ready meat in the buffet spread and only bacon for request. Other than that the ala cart menu were quite interesting.
I dine in at the hotel restaurant one night, although it’s quite empty, the food is much better than what I expected (as for hotel food). You guys should try the pork ribs, i think it’s much better than the one I had in Bali. 😆
Well there some incidents during my dinner where I found some plastic pieces in the coconut ice cream. However the staffs were sincerely apologize and give me an extra discount and remake the desert.
The incident doesn’t affect my stay in Hansar cause literally every staff in Hansar give us a warm smile and greeting in anytime and anywhere in the hotel. That means a lot cause we travel quite often and a simple smile does really makes you feels home.
Surely will come back again, with the wonderful Hansar experience we had.
This was the first time I had ever "splurged" on myself in terms of a luxury hotel room and it was AMAZING. I have stayed in very nice hotels before with family and friends and worked front desk at a 5-star, 5-diamond resort but never stayed solo.
Everything about it felt very welcoming and warm - from the staff at the entrance, reception, restaurant, and pool area, to the room decor and amenities. It's an all-suite hotel so the room was quite spacious.
There was fresh fruit in the living room and all items in the mini-bar were complimentary. The bathroom had a tub and a huge rainfall shower head, it felt like I was under a waterfall! The bed felt like sleeping on a cloud (except for a mosquito in the room so I got a sleepless night - the front desk was kind enough to offer me a discount to extend check-out until 6pm so I could sleep. Make sure your quickly close your suite door when you enter!).
The pool was warm and the gym was well equipped. It also had towels and drinking water. The restrooms were large with a steam room.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. It was for 2 so I invited a friend to dine with me and it was his first luxury hotel breakfast (and he's also a world traveler in his 50s or 60s!). Fresh-pressed juice selection, fresh cut coconuts, menu items, and a great variety of buffet items.
This was the best hotel I've stayed at as an adult and I would return again and again if I go back to Bangkok!
Our first visit for Hansar was 2 years ago and we were impressed by the spacious room and quiet environment. So we choose to stay here again.
However, the whole experience was very disappointing.
1. They put shampoo into the conditioner bottle, and you can imagine how I find out.... we called 3 times to ask them to change and no one responds in one hour.
2. Found one towel in bathroom with red hint on it ....
3. The shower head on the top keep leaking cold water when you using the lower one.
All these 3 things happened on the first night ( I booked 3 nights ), so I gave those feedback to the duty manager. And all I get is to repack all my things and changed to a room on the same floor....
Btw in the end they still didn’t change that shampoo in the conditioner bottle ... good luck to the next resident.
Moreover, as many reviews mentioned, the room and facility are quite dated. Especially the fitnesses room makes me feel back to 90s.....
This hotel was one of my favorites in Bangkok, but it’s time to move on.