Hansar Bangkok Hotel
What We Love
- Daily continental breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Spacious suites — some rooms have a unique garden wall; others have views of Bangkok
- Khao Niew Ma Muang (mango sticky rice) on the room service menu
- The minibar is restocked each day with goodies like Toblerone chocolate
- A refreshing outdoor infinity pool with flowering plumeria trees (a treat on Bangkok’s hot days)
- About a two-minute walk from the BTS Skytrain
What To Know
- Fancy some beach time too? Book a package, including two or three nights at the Hansar Samui in Koh Samui, and save big
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be added to the rate and collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Good for couples seeking romance or singles looking for a quiet stay; families will feel out of place here
- WiFi is free but can be slow in some suites
- The hotel has a restaurant, but be sure to venture out into the city for authentic, inexpensive Thai food
- Don’t expect to get a tan; the pool area is not in direct sunlight all day
- The hotel opened in December 2010
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Hansar Bangkok Hotel is in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from Police General Hospital and Erawan Shrine. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Amarin Plaza and Erawan Mall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 62 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Satellite programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The Hansar is a good hotel. The best.... location is great for shopping and restaurants, concierge staff are attentive and prompt with assistance, the reception staff are welcoming and efficient, particularly Yanna, the kitchen and wait staff are competent and friendly. The good.... the gym is nicely equipped, the pool is easily adequate, breakfast selection is good, well prepared and reasonably priced. Our room (1205) was relatively large, has a good view of the Bangkok Sports Club, came with a king sized bed, mini bar stock was free, daily cleaning was well done.
The could be better..... the shower was difficult to adjust to a comfortable temperature. Management oversight; coffee at breakfast was intermittent in arrival and not always hot, the carpet in the room could be washed.
Stayed here for two nights and secretly wishing we stayed here longer! I'd definitely come back! Very happy with our room, big and spacious. Hotel itself is close to the skytrain. Staff were very friendly and helpful especially the receptionist guy -- I forgot his name. :) He helped us with our transfer to Hua Hin. We opted to have the limousine service to Hua Hin and it was a very pleasant trip! Our room had a great view. Hotel was around 10-15 minutes walk from Central World. Breakfast was good, not too many selections with the buffet though but the ala carte was awesome. Great selection of fresh juices as well.
I'd stay here again as long as a good rate is available. I rate it 4 because 5 means perfect and this is a five star hotel. My opinions:
- The staff is great, especially the guys out front. Everyone makes you feel comfortable and welcome without being pretentious.
- A great location in quiet upscale residential soi yet a couple hundred meters from the BTS and convenient to everything in central BKK. A short walk to Lumpini park.
- Very nice pool and gym
- Great design and use of wood and stone
- Spacious rooms/suites with nice bathrooms and dressing areas
- For me, a very confortable bed, linens, and pillow
Not so good
- TV channel selection isn't great. Plenty of news but no movie channels. I know it's a streaming world but it's nice to channel surf while jet lagged.
- TV's are getting old and attaching a hdmi cable is difficult
- The room decor is starting to show wear and tear. Perhaps a bit dated.
- Someone decided to move the check in desks downstairs. They look out of place!
We stayed in the luxury suite, room was spacious with balcony and I loved the double sink. We were served with a refreshing cold ginger drink during check in. The corridor was too dark.
Walking distance to ratchadamri bts and roughly 15 mins to big c. Not that far but imagine walking back after a long day, my legs were breaking.
I stayed at this hotel between 30 November 2018 to 03 December 2018.
Some negative to mention:
1. Room were left unlock possibly after the staff clean-up.
2. Dim lighting along corridor can be quite scary at night.
3. Sliding door leading to toilet is broken.
The positive is that the staff are very friendly and helpful.