Chatrium Residence Sathon
What We Love
- Expansive freeform pool flanked by subtropical gardens and towering trees
- Daily scheduled shuttle to the skytrain, Tesco hypermarket, Central Rama 3 and Emporium shopping centers
- On-site convenience store on-site, offering snacks, alcoholic beverages and bath amenities
- Free WiFi and 3G Pocket WIFI available (charge applies)
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Room service is offered only until 11:00 p.m., and the pool closes at 8 p.m.
- In the shadow of the hotel’s 18-story towers, the courtyard pool doesn’t get much sun
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
On a leafy, residential street near Bangkok’s Embassy Row, the Chatrium Residence features large apartment-style rooms and a bounty of resort-style amenities. In a cluster of seven 18-story towers, a central oasis of verdant gardens and tall subtropical trees frames an expansive freeform pool. Well equipped for families and designed for extended stays, the 560 family-friendly units feature fully equipped kitchens, ample storage spaces and inviting living areas that place trendy decor in a palette of gray, white and light brown.
Bed and Bath
During the day, oversize windows and private balconies let lots of light into the carpeted bedrooms, and blackout curtains create a private, cozy atmosphere at night. Blond hardwood cabinetry and marble slab counters carry throughout the rooms and into fully equipped kitchenettes. Beds with matte black padded headboards, pillowtop mattresses and 100-percent cotton linens face walls mounted with LCD TVs offering more than 50 channels. Bathrooms are simple affairs, with the hotel’s house brand bath products; some have separate tubs and showers.
The two on-site restaurants overlook the fourth-floor freeform pool, so you can take in the subtropical views while savoring Thai, Western and Japanese cuisine at Oasis, or market-fresh sashimi at the sushi bar. Elsewhere, resort-style amenities abound, including free ballroom dancing, Muay Thai and yoga classes at the fitness center, an adjacent playground and indoor playroom reserved for the little ones, and locker rooms with a sauna, a steam room and a Jacuzzi. Play a round at the billiard table or indoor putting greens at the third-floor recreation area, or simply bask in the Green Leaf Spa.
How to Get There
Thank you chatrium for a great and memorable stay. House keeping is so good and supportive. Especially mr. Ton, thanks for your great support. Also ms. Chanhiang, room attendant was excellent job. Good
We are family of 4 (two daughters 9 yrs and 16 yrs) and we booked a 3 Bedroom Deluxe Suite for 2 nights. It costed us around RM 760 per night including free breakfast. Have to say we have never experienced such a lovely suite before for this kind of value. It has a old house charm with spacious, well lit rooms. Got big compliments from my family for this fabulous room:) Thank you Chatrium for making me score big brownie points:). I booked online through agoda. You get very good deals and rates through any of the booking sites like agoda, expedia or booking. During my time I got some exceptional discount due to which I booked here. We were thinking it will just another run of mill hotel, but trust me this is really an exceptional hotel.
About the room (3 Bedroom Deluxe Suite)
The suite was huge. Must be at least 120-150 sq m in size. As you enter you reach this huge well lit living room with a huge balcony (though we did not use the balcony because of the generous Bangkok heat:)). It is really huge with a dining table and a proper sitting area with lots of space. From the living room you can go to each of the 3 bedrooms and then to the kitchen and from the kitchen to a small utility balcony (quite handy to dry clothes as they have couple of drying rods). There are 2 toilets, one attached with the master bedroom and the other with the 2 other bedrooms. The master bedroom is huge and is so well lit with windows almost all around in the front. If you remove the curtains all across the room, the effect is wonderful with city views all around. The other two bedrooms are smaller. One is better lit than the other with nice windows all around and the other has a small side balcony. Both the toilets have bath tubs. Each room has it's own air conditioning control which is great and the air con is quite efficient. You could switch off the ones which you don't need. The kitchen is well equipped with basic amenities like utensils, plates, spoons, forks, microwave, a cooking hob, fridge, cooking grill, wash basin, coffee/tea machine. The beds were comfortable with good quality linen. Got good quality sleep (though trust me we were so tired after typical Bangkok shopping schedules all through the day:). The quality of toiletries provided is very good and in good quantity too. The master bedroom has a locker. And all bedrooms have enough cupboards and drawers.
Location of the hotel
Slightly far away from main shopping areas like Platinum Fashion Mall and MBK Center. Frankly, it would take you about 15 minutes to go to these places, but Bangkok traffic is horrendous and we have taken about 45 minutes to reach these malls from the hotel. Located on a street off the main road which is good because the hotel is in a quite neighborhood.
Going about the hotel
The hotel has different towers. From the lobby you need to go up to a particular floor which houses the swimming pool, the restaurants, etc. (if I am not mistaken on the 4th floor) and from that floor you have to go to different towers like Tower 4, 5, etc. for your room. So, you have to change lifts to ultimately reach your room. Takes a bit of time and a bit of walking. But, it is nice because it gives you a feeling of a condo rather than a hotel.
Connects well and we faced no problem. Every area is well connected even if the hotel is well spread out.
Simply awesome spread. Daily complimentary breakfast is at Albricias Restaurant (very difficult to pronounce I must say!). The spread is exhausting. With options from Indian garlic naan (!) to sushi you have almost everything you can think of. The restaurant is huge and you will never have a problem finding a place. The service is good and fast. Just have one observation. We wanted to have tea and there were no teabags kept anywhere. So, I had to ask a waiter who then took it out from a cupboard and gave me. I wonder why they don't keep tea bags outside for customers to find easily. But, very tasty breakfast with a wide range of options.
Check in and check out
Was super fast. Check in took exactly 5 minutes. We got welcome drink and wet towels the moment we reached the lobby. Then we were escorted by a hotel person right till our room along with our luggage. Check out was a no fuss affair (2 minutes exactly). Really praise worthy. The check in time is 2 pm. The check out time is 12 noon which is a blessing. I have come across so many hotels in Asean region which have check in time at 3 pm!
Since we were there only for 2 nights didn't have much requirement. Just asked for travel adapters which we told them to drop at the room as we were going out. On coming back we promptly found them kept on the dining table. Another time asked for extra water bottles. Once again no fuss and delivered super fast. Another time we called the air con maintenance people because we couldn't understand the controls. Again they were there in a jiffy. Also, we left for the day with advise to house keeping to clean our room. No problems there too. When we came back in the evening, everything was spic and span.
Lovely swimming pool the kinds you feel like visiting with your family and spending some time. Well designed with designated kids pool. With lovely format of bridges and green vegetation all around, gives you many spots of shade on a hot sunny day too. Towels are readily available at the pool side.
Other things to note
- they offer shuttle services to the nearest MRT station. Though we did not use the same but we were told about the same during the check in and we were given the shuttle service timings
- while using Grab (car hailing app), please be careful which Chatrium you enter as there are multiple Chatrium hotels in Bangkok. The other one is a good 15-20 minutes away. We had this stupid Grab driver who took us to the other one in spite of us entering the right one during the booking. And trust me you don't want to go a different direction in Bangkok because the traffic there is a hair tearing ordeal.
- The hotel is on a quiet street and we did not see many restaurants, markets at arm's length (walking distance). This is for anyone who would like to walk down to a nearby place, mall, market to eat, etc.
- They give water in reusable glass bottles in the rooms. Applause to them for this. Now-a-days seeing plastic bottles is so disgusting. Frankly, this was there even in our Phuket hotel. God bless Thailand hotels to have started using reusable glass bottles.
- they offer early guaranteed check in with a charge. Though we didn't have to use the same.
- the only thing we missed in the hotel is a spa. Such a good hotel and it doesn't have a spa. C'mon, you are in Thailand. You have a to have a spa with good massages on offer. Would recommend to the hotel for this.
- though we were only 4 of us (each of our 2 daughters slept in one bedroom each and they were so kicked about that:), this suite can easily fit in 6 people on the 3 beds. And then you can easily have extra beds which can be put either in the master bedroom or in the living room if required. Basically it can easily accommodate 6-8 people. But, please do check with the hotel policies on this.
So, had a fantastic stay here. And it was different from a typical hotel because of its tower arrangement and the most awesome suite we ever stayed in!! If we come back to Bangkok as a family, absolutely will choose this hotel again. Thank you so much Chatrium for making our stay so special in a big city like Bangkok.
We are currently on a long term stay in tower 7, room number 7054. Chatrium has all the amenities like Gym, Spa, Kids play area, Swimming pool, Restaurants and also shop for some urgent groceries. The staffs are exceptional, very helpful and friendly. Khun Sapalak is the Supervisor of house keeping who is very helpful and fantastic and Khun Areeral services our room everyday and she does an amazing job cleaning up after us. The guys on the front door are the most helpful. Moving here was a really good choice and its a great place for long or short stay.
My room was well located though at the top but I enjoyed the experience of using the elavator! The room was clean at all times when asked to do it and the amenities available were really good. I was impressed with the warm welcome upon arrival being served with juice and escorted to my room with my luggage. The staffing was ok, all were always ready to always support. I had a wonderful stay in Chatrium and looking forward to be back!
Only stay one night but would have loved to have stayed longer. Each time it does not disappoint. Front office team it really does make us feel at home and very well taken care of. Every request I had have been fulfilled (thx q K.preawpan who’s very helpful)