Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
What We Love
- Location on the banks of the Chao Phraya River; a peaceful retreat from the city center chaos
- Apartment-style suites are super-spacious, with dining areas and kitchenettes
- The infinity pool and Jacuzzi fronting the river
- Eco-friendly bathroom amenities
- Free WiFi and 3G Pocket WIFI available (charge applies).
What To Know
- There's a free and frequent boat shuttle across the river to the nearest Skytrain station, Saphan Taksin; ask for a timetable at reception
- Apartments are well equipped but the decor is a little bland
- It's very child-friendly, with two pools dedicated to kids
- Note that bathrooms have glass walls, which isn't to everyone's taste
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
On the banks of the Chao Phraya River, the 36-floor Chatrium Hotel Riverside offers a peaceful escape from Bangkok’s city center chaos; its hip lobby, attentive service and modern, apartment-style rooms all lend a feeling of serenity. The giant infinity pool and outdoor Jacuzzi front the river, and the on-site seafood restaurants offer panoramic skyline views. There are convenient amenities aplenty: spacious rooms with kitchenettes, a fitness center, a grocery store and an ATM, so it attracts its fair share of business travelers, but this is a classy corporate crowd.
Bed and Bath
Starting at 646 square feet, even the smallest rooms feel spacious. Floor-to-ceiling windows let the light flood in, while thick curtains block it out when jetlag dictates a daytime nap. There are balconies off all rooms, and it’s definitely worth paying extra for a river view. Beds are comfy, linens are of a high quality, and all rooms feature kitchenettes and dining areas, should you wish to cook up a storm or bring street food back from the markets. Bathrooms are glass-walled affairs, which some will love and others will hate; eco-friendly toiletries are a definite win.
There are three on-site eateries, including the very popular top-floor dim sum Chinese restaurant, Silver Waves, and a snack bar by the infinity pool. Children are taken care of with two dedicated swimming pools and on-site babysitting services. The Nemita Spa offers traditional Thai massages — as well as less intense Western-style ones. Finally, a Starbucks and 7-Eleven are within stumbling distance of the front door, should you crave hometown comforts.
How to Get There
Excellent facilities and location, convince of free ferry to train and Asia markets. Staff friendly and helpful, Marino very helpful in organising day tours etc. His quick and zany sense of humour much appreciated.
We had a great stay at the Chatrium Riverside. Very Nice hotel and close to markets and the river boats. We loved the room and especially the nightly view of the river from the balcony. We will definitely be back next time in Bangkok.
It was good enough to go again. I recommend a local meal called Mr. Zoe, which is cheap to buy around. Asia Tik was close and the service to Sapan Takshin Station was also impressed by the free shuttle.