Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
What We Love
- Everything — from dining to entertainment to the grocery store — is within walking distance
- Free self-parking is directly behind the hotel
- Perfect people-watching perches by the second-story pool and the outdoor terrace lounge
- Chic, sexy guestrooms that set the mood for a romantic date night or special occasion
- Extra-comfy kingsize beds with a large, and impossibly soft, collection of pillows
- Friendly front desk and concierge staff with insider recommendations and suggestions
- Check your overflowing shopping bags, make reservations of any kind or get insider advice from the Market Street concierge, located in the central, wireless-enabled park
What To Know
- The hotel opened as AVIA in December 2009; Hyatt took over the property in September 2011
- All rooms are 100 percent pet- and smoke-free
- The Woodlands is an extremely affluent suburb and, while prices in the Market Street district aren’t exorbitant, nothing is cheap
- Weekends are busy on Market Street, especially if there are special events at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion across the street, so be sure to make dinner reservations at popular destinations like Jasper’s ahead of time
- You probably won’t need your car once you arrive, so bring some comfortable walking shoes for leisurely strolls and plenty of window shopping
- The Grand Suites are the best bang for your buck, with almost twice the square footage of the Classic Kings
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, you’ll be centrally located in The Woodlands, steps from Market Street and minutes from Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Woodlands Mall and Hughes Landing.
Make yourself at home in one of the 70 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in The Woodlands? This hotel has facilities measuring 2290 square feet (213 square meters), including conference space. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Great room, however our view was of a commercial rooftop otherwise its clean, quiet and has a high end feel in a busy retail enclave with shopping, dinning and a movie theatre all just steps from the hotel.
GPS had a hard time finding this hotel. Its sort of tucked away in the middle of shops. Its super cute and artsy, but that's about where it stops.Room had a view of nothing (although i booked a room with a view) The a/c is on a sensor so every time you leave the room it shuts off and is supposed to take 15-20 minutes to cool the room off again once you return. I personally like a cold room and don't want to wait that long for my room to cool off. Sometime during the night it shut off and my guests and i were very uncomfortable as we all like a cold room to sleep. I called about three times to complain about it and I assume people complain a lot because of the tone of the person i spoke to all three times. I felt like i was a bother and they obviously didn't want to move me because there was no effort or offer on their part. The room also is very noisy. We could hear the music from the 2nd floor (we were on the third), guests talking and doors slamming were also heard all night long andthe customer service could use some improvement.The valet guys were all super nice and the lady that checked me in was also. I was able to get an early check in, which was awesome.I left the room for a while and when i returned, there was a nice note from the staff along with a bowl of snack mix and fruit. I appreciated the gesture, however i didn't like the fact that they came in my room. We had a drink for happy hour and the server/bartender (female) was super nice and friendly and the drink was awesome - even posted on my Instagram page. Went back for another around 6:30 and not so friendly this time (male) and drink not as good.I was also sent an email prior to arriving asking if i had any requests. I did, and i emailed back. Those requests were not filled(extra towels, blankets and pillows were requested)Overall, i can't say that i would stay here again. It just didn't wow me like i wanted to be wowed. This is probably one of the most uncomfortable locations that i have stayed at. If you like noisy and warm rooms without a view, this place is for you.
Really enjoyed my stay here. The location couldn't be any better - you're right in the Market St area and a stone's throw from great restaurants like Jasper's and Tommy Bahamas. Everyone with whom I interacted was kind and helpful.
The hotel has a nice lobby / bar area on the 2nd floor with a legendary outdoor patio. My room was large and well appointed; same for the bathroom (see pics). I paid $261/night which isn't exactly cheap but represents good value for this area in The Woodlands. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Great location, center of great shopping, dining and entertainment options. Easy access to the highway and still tucked away. Best location we've stayed at in the area. We've come back multiple times. Highly recommend!
Hotel was a little tough to find. Tucked away in a little shopping village. Not necessarily a bad thing. Most everything we needed was within walking distance. Everything while at the hotel was awesome. Food, drinks, outdoor pool and hot tub. Awesome.