Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- The impressive building combines a Tuscany-meets-Texas aesthetic with environmentally friendly features
- Hitching a ride on the solar-powered trolley that runs all over the 120-acre property
- The Texas-friendly staff is accommodating and professional without being stuffy
- Six-course tasting menus at Sustenio, the resort’s signature restaurant run by Stephen Pyles, features off-the-menu items specially selected and prepared by executive chef David Gilbert
What To Know
- A $25 resort fee per night will be collected by Jetsetter at checkout
- The property opened in January 2012
- Downtown San Antonio, with its many tourist and historic attractions, is about a 25-minute drive away
- Although treatments lean toward the pricey side, the luxurious spa is a popular destination and in high demand; make reservations well in advance as it fills up quickly
- There are not many activities or amenities geared toward children, with the exception of a kiddie pool, and the restaurant’s menu is definitely for sophisticated palates
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in San Antonio (Northwest – Six Flags), Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection is minutes from Six Flags Fiesta Texas and The Rim Shopping Center. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Shops of La Cantera and Palmer Course at La Cantera.
Make yourself at home in one of the 165 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including outdoor tennis courts, a health club, and an outdoor pool. This Mediterranean resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. Spending a day of fun is easy with the complimentary theme park shuttle.
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a garden view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). You can also stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in San Antonio? This resort has 25000 square feet (2323 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We were pleased by the look of the place, however we seemed to have a collection of problems, some of which were correctable but received no attention. First, when we arrived in our room, we noticed that the carpet was saturated with water beside the bed closest the AC unit. To the point it you couldn't walk on it without soaking your feet or socks. We put down several towels but it did no good. We reported it 3 times to the front desk and was assured maintenance would take care of it during the day. Each evening when we returned from Air Force graduation events, etc, we'd find the floor still saturated. It was very frustrating.
Secondly, we decided to eat dinner one night at the on site restaurant. The food was good but there was a group of people at the table beside us who were obviously intoxicated and being very loud and emotional, crying, etc. It was very distracting and we notified the waiter about it and he walked off, but the group was never addressed. It definitely downgraded our dinner experience.
The pool area was nice but once the sun started to go down, there were a lot of mice scurrying around, which is not what you would expect at such a nice place.
Overall, being being Blue Green members i'd expect more, and such hard earned points feel a bit wasted on this occasion.
This past Saturday me and my friends went to the Spa at the Eilan because I’m planning my best friends bridal shower this fall. I was in town from Houston for a weekend getaway and heard about the Eilan from Instagram, the area is so beautiful!
When I went to the Spa I met the really nice attendant named Jarvis - he was amazing! He was kind enough to give me a tour and tell me about the Spa and their services, the different products they have & even the table of discounted items - I love sales! Anyways, after the tour I asked for Jarvis’ card and cannot wait to bring my girlfriends here later this year! Thank you Jarvis and the Eilan for showing me such a great time during my short visit.
5stars ⭐️ Hotel! It’s located on the better spot of the hill near to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Amazing place, luxury everywhere the view of the pool at night time it’s dreamless! The front stairs are priceless ????