Cibolo Creek Ranch
What We Love
- Free activities include foot hikes on the ranch’s horse paths, bird watching, fishing, paddle boating, mountain biking and more
- Distinctive lodging in three 300-year-old forts — Cibolo, Cienega and Morita — with adobe walls, cottonwood beams and saltillo tile floors
- Remote location in far western Texas’ Big Bend region, this is a destination for outdoors lovers, with on-tap hiking, bird watching, catch-and-release fishing, biking and more
- The main restaurant at Cibolo serves a mix of Texas and Mexican favorites
What To Know
- The three historic forts are spread out across the ranch’s 30,000 acres: Cibolo is the largest and heart of the resort, Cienega has just 10 rooms and is good for multi-generational trips, Morita is very remote and has no electricity
- Guided tours, horseback riding, spa services, airport shuttles and hunting outings cost extra
- A meal plan is available for $75 per adult (18 and over) and includes all meals and non-alcoholic drinks
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
In far western Texas’ Big Bend region, just 15 miles from the Mexican border, Cibolo Creek Ranch is a historic working ranch in the Chianti Mountains. Spread over 30,000 wild acres, guests at Cibolo are here for the adventure, the quiet and all the luxe amenities of a full-service resort. Accommodations are housed in three 300-year-old forts: the large central hub, Cibolo, family-friendly Cienega (around a 30-minute drive away) and Morita, which has no electricity. All guestrooms take inspiration from traditional 1800s architecture, with adobe walls, cottonwood beams, traditional Spanish and Mexican design accents, period antiques and, in most, furnished verandas. Guests at Cibolo and Cienega have access to a swimming pool and hot tub. Meals are served on the patio at Cibolo and feature a rotating mix of classic Mexican and Texan dishes like cumin steak, chicken with almond mole and quail in Oaxaca black mole, as well as a hearty breakfast buffet. For outdoors lovers, Big Bend is a playground of catch-and-release fishing, horseback riding, biking, hiking and more, and many activities are included in the rate. Unique outings, including guided tours of Native American rock art and sessions at the rifle range, can be added for an extra fee.
In the Area
A stay at Cibolo Creek Ranch is all about the great outdoors. Free activities include hikes on the ranch’s horse paths, bird watching, fishing, paddle boating, mountain biking and more, while premium outings include some bucket-list adventures such as a guided horseback riding tour in the canyons, ATV and Humvee excursions and star gazing through the resort’s special Meade telescopes.
How to Get There
Ciobolo Creek Ranch near Marfa, Texas is a true grit example of how the west was won. Filled with original paintings, sculptures, and musings at every turn you’ll find all the answers you have been looking for beneath the noise of the hectic life you had left behind. However you decide to burn daylight at the ranch; rather you are a history buff, professional photographer or nature hiker the knowledgeable activities staff will encourage you to join in to explore! When the dust settles from the day's excursions you will enjoy ranch-style dining on rustic farm tables in the hacienda where meeting new friends is inevitable! The southwestern foods are authentically prepared and the wines list was surprisingly well rounded! The service staff is very friendly! Olivier the GM is the perfect host!
My wife and i have been to Cibolo Creek Ranch many times. The last time was in 2013. Each time we go we are awe struck by many unique features of The Ranch. Each time we go were are impressed by the improvements since the last visit. There is soooooo much eye candy for the senses. I cannot do it justice with my description. YOU MUST SEE THIS PLACE for yourself. Bring a friend its a romantic place.
What a nice visit we had to Cibolo Creek Ranch this September. Not only is this a 5 star service experience, it is a historical gem. Your in the middle of the Chianti Mountains that Mr. Poindexter made a world class resort. The miles of roads and fences are perfect and the grounds are kept like Disney World Class. Remember all the museums you may have visited as a kid that you could not touch anything. Imagine being in an old western fort and being able to feel and touch the experience. We will make it here once a year for sure. Horseback riding, ATV rides, Hummer tour of the property, mountain views, and 3 meals a day that are first class.