Hyatt Regency North Houston
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Houston, Hyatt Regency North Houston is close to Greenspoint Mall and Houston Police Department Museum. This 4-star hotel is within the region of Houston Grand Prix and Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens.
Make yourself at home in one of the 335 air-conditioned rooms featuring MP3 docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have shower/tub combinations and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. Guests can get around on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 3 mi.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Houston? This hotel has 27,000 square feet (2508 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours.
How to Get There
I have stayed here on business and at first glance the hotel is pleasing to the eye, nice and modern. Checking in at reception was when things started to go downhill. The receptionist was very rude. I was shown to my room and all was fine apart from dust. The food and drinks downstairs were ok but the staff were very over friendly to certain guests propping up the bar and I felt this was inappropriate. On my last day at the hotel I found that my belongings had been disturbed in my room. I wont be returning as there are better quality hotels in the area and I did not feel safe at The Hyatt.
I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and while it did the job it was pretty average with more negatives than positive.
+ Good selection on dinner menu in restaurant with some delicious salads and fish
+ Location is good in terms of proximity to airport and being able to get onto major roads very quickly to get to other areas - definitely advise hiring a car
+ Coin laundry available which always good
+ Size of rooms
+ Staff interacted with all very friendly
+ Complimentary shuttle service to and from airport
- Location - area is not safe as I was repeatedly advised by colleagues and friends native to Houston after I arrived. Yet on initially asking if I could walk the 12 minutes to my office (on other side of highway) hotel said yes!
- Breakfast offering poor in terms of offering, standard and replenishment particularly for price
- Housekeeping - twice I had been out all day from before 8.30am and my room had not been serviced on my return after 6pm.
- Cleanliness in common areas - large beetle seen in list on multiple occasions/ guests (impolitely!) had discarded towels and water cups in gym by equipment which remained there for 5+ days
- Often only 1 member of staff on reception usually and often large queues
- Overall dated and could do with a refurb in rooms and common areas
- There was an evacuation on the Saturday night with alarm and message sounding in bedrooms. No staff directing you out of hotel or informing you when gathered outside. After about 5 minutes guests started following each other inside again with no information provided from hotel staff.
- Pool could do with closer access to hotel for toilets and refreshments
- Lack of plug sockets - had to unplug a light bedside/ none near mirror in bedroom area
The shuttle came very quickly after I called from the airport and throughout my stay, it ran promptly every half hour. The hotel check-in is different with no big desk, just a few computer stands tucked into the wall area but there was no waiting line and no complaints. Room was spacious and very clean and elevators run efficiently up and down as needed. My one complaint would be the TV remote- shows there is a guide but doesn’t work. The other thing I would mention is the price they are asking for food items. $4 for a small V-8? Outrageous! With no store nearby and their restaurant with higher prices (no free breakfast!), it seems they could be less pricey. But all in all a great stay and would recommend!