Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa All Inclusive in Kantenah (Xetna), you’ll be close to Yal-ku Lagoon and Xpu-ha Beach. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Taj Mahal Cenote and Half Moon Bay.
Make yourself at home in one of the 422 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and plasma televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 9 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 14 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). When you are in need of a refreshing drink, visit a poolside bar or one of 9 bars/lounges, or 3 beach bars.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We had traveled to many all inclusive resorts before I first stayed at Grand Palladium Kantenah in Riviera Maya. I went by myself the first time for a 4 day weekend of relaxation. I was blown away by everything. It was so clean, large, beautiful, the people were all great, and the rooms were nice. I only stayed in a junior suite for that weekend but everything worked (air, tub jets, etc) and I was seriously impressed. I researched online and found out more about their water filtration system and how they seemed to be a step above other resorts we'd stayed in around the world. Even the food was good, which I'd never been impressed with on any other trips to other resorts. I told my husband that I couldn't wait for him to come with me in the future because I could see us spending a lot of time there as a family because there is something for everyone.
One year later, I brought my husband and our infant daughter. Just as I thought he would be, he was impressed. We discussed coming back and bringing his older children in the future. During that trip we joined the Travel Club.
When we booked our first large family vacation, I will admit that I did feel that maybe we got suckered into purchasing something we didn't need. It was more difficult to book through travel club because you can't just go online and book it and the prices are confusing depending on different levels of membership, times, and I think some things got lost in translation while speaking with our agent through email. But all of those fears dissipated while on our trip with the whole family.
I can't even put into words, without writing a novel, how absolutely wonderful and beautiful everything and everybody was. We were continually blown away. 6 adults, one teen, and one infant stayed in the Signature residence, which is a 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom house with an infinity pool overlooking the beach. When we arrived we were taken straight to the house where we were met with welcome drinks in the foyer. A travel club agent went over our paperwork and gave us our keys and wristbands. There was a fruit basket and more sliced fresh fruit on the dining room table that we used all week. We were all in awe as we looked at the rooms and got ready for bed.
The whole 7 nights we were there were nothing short of spectacular. Every detail was amazing. We were constantly blown away. We took turns watching our baby so we could all spend some time at TRS pools and having date nights. We spent so much time in the pool on the back deck, during the day and at night. It was so so comfortable it really felt like home. The various lounge chairs, the table, the proximity to the beach, the pergola. There were enough outlets for all of us and our various phones, cameras, and baby monitors. Our main driver, Jesus, was amazing, and i wish I could remember everyone's names because they all deserve a shout out and praise. Since we were travelling with so many people and an infant, we made more use of room service than we usually do because it was difficult to schedule every dinner and lunch for us all. Housekeeping kept us very happy and provided everything we needed.
On top of the resort being top-notch, the efforts that were made by travel club and Smile Services, were extraordinary and so appreciated. One of the most special things was a beach barbeque that they set up for us as a surprise for lunch. They had set up a tent in the back yard of the house and set up a whole buffet of seafood, steaks, veggies, bread, wine, etc and had wonderful decorations and music playing for us. On top of that, they had dancers entertaining us and they took photos and videos for us to enjoy once we got back to remember it well. We all had tears at one point or another from the thoughtfulness and details put into it. This was the first time we'd taking a family vacation with ALL of my husband's kids and their significant others and it was made even more special by all these special touches. Since we all live in different states, we don't get to spend much time together, so having everyone all together for more than a day during holidays or special dates was amazing. I have never left my youngest child with a baby-sitter before but after hearing and reading such positive things about baby club we did used them for about 6 hours total during the week for my 13 month old. Our teen enjoyed the teen club, and the adult kids really loved the new Circue de soleil show and dinner. They said it was Vegas quality.
We cannot stop singing the praises of Grand Palladium Kantenah. We haven't visited the other locations as of yet, but we want to very much, while also wanting to just spend as much time as possible at the Riviera Maya location because they are already so special to us. We cannot thank you enough! I will never go to another resort besides Grand Palladium properties because we love them so much. I cannot imagine how anybody could be disappointed. By far the best all-inclusive service of anywhere we've been and even in one of our top travel experiences for other resorts around the world and we travel a lot.
We cannot wait to come back both as a group and individuals. Thank you so much for everything you did to make such wonderful memories for us with more to come!
I am always hesitant to go away because I never know what to expect. However, I couldn't have had more fun here. I met new friends that I will have for a lifetime. The entertainment staff, Oscar, Oswaldo, Monica, John, Glen, Pedro, and maybe more to name, made each and everyday and activity special. All of them were nice as can be and welcoming. They made you feel as if you were home. Food was great, the hotel was great. Look forward to returning.
We stayed in the 33 building which was a beautiful Mayan suite. Make no mistake i will most likely stay at this resort again. This was our first time staying all inclusive so we kept our expectations low.
To start with the resort is beautiful, and huge. You didn't feel like you were crammed in to a whole bunch of buildings with one or two palm trees between each. It was a lush forest between each building. It really felt like you were secluded.
Dinner food options were fantastic, you could do Italian one night, Japanese the second night, and Brazilian the third night. Breakfast and lunch are both solid buffets. With a giant selection Including a help yourself Mamosa station.
The pool was giant and a beautiful, my favorite part is the pool bar. All the reviews lately about the sea weed at the beach, those reviews are 100% correct. There was a lot of rain the last few weeks which brought so much seaweed you didn't even want to go near the ocean. You couldn't even stand in the water without being completely surrounded with seaweed. But really that's not the resorts fault, they did have a tractor in the morning trying to solve the issue, if you went down to the beach at 9 AM it would be clear, but if you went to the beach at noon there would be a mountain of it.
So here's a few things that brought down the experience.
1. Not a single toilet seat on the entire property sat correctly on the toilet. Anyone who is been there recently knows exactly what I mean. Every toilet seat was 2 inches off of one side of the toilet. I wish I took a photo, but didn't think it would be appropriate for review.
2. I was really excited about the pool bar, the problem is what good is a pool bar when there are six kids sitting there and you can't get a drink? I think the resort should put a sign or something reminding parents that the pool bar is for adults.
3. I had an issue with the mini bar, nothing inside was cool. So I called the front desk and she tried to explain to me that is not a refrigerator. I explained to her that there's a cord and a temperature gauge. Later that day I wasn't happy with that answer so I called back. And they sent me a tech to look at it. He was able to get a little cooler. The negative part about that is nobody wants to drink room temperature beer. We appreciate the minibar being full of soda, but we don't drink a lot of sugar soda he asked to have it filled with diet soda, that would be $20 a day. But we only had one diet Pepsi every day. The minibar was useless for us. Additionally the ice machine was broken our entire trip so ice wasn't an option.
3. Trams: they advertised as a trans come to the stops every 10 minutes. Like I said before it's a huge resort and we ended up walking a lot, but walking for 10 minutes getting to dinner dripping sweat wasn't great. I will say thatthe trams probably came every 20 to 25 minutes. The great thing about staying in the 33 building was there was a path behind our building that lead right to the pool, it was only a three minute walk. So we ended up using that path more than anything else, we don't mind showing up to the pool sweating. The issue with the trams was getting to the lobbies. Honestly no big deal. Just more of a nuisance.
4. The free transportation from the airport is done by a company called destination services. Getting out of the airport we're supposed to look for someone with a sign with my name on it, we walked around literally for 15 minutes. We found guys hanging out in the corner with green shirts with the signs all down chatting, I asked to see the signs, turns out that was the company. Our ride back to the airport was decent, we were the only two on the shuttle.
5. Destination services-excursion. I understand this company probably doesn't work for the hotel specifically but they are in the lobby. So we booked an excursion to the Tulum ruins with them. Really excited to go. Once we were there and walking through the ruins our Guide would speak English, and then in Spanis Which was no problem. The frustrating part was our guide didn't seem to know much about the ruins. He would tell us basic things like where the sunsets in January and where it sets in July. There are a lot of different tour groups there. I would overhear those tour groups talking about really cool things, stuff you would see on discovery channel. I wish we booked with a different company. They also bring you to a senote which is basically an underground lake. In the photos they show you photos of giant senotes, The one they brought us to was about the size of our hotel room. The ceiling was 5 feet tall and there are bats flying around, clearly you were not going to swim in that.
Overall, we loved the resort. And will most likely go back to that resort, or at the very least visit the same resort company at different locations.
My wife and I recently traveled down to Mexico for my sister's wedding. It was held at the Grand Palladium Kantenah and the wedding & reception were both beautiful, the food and service was amazing, and the hotel was very nice.
One thing I have never understood about all-inclusive resorts is why they are always so stingy when making the drinks. They already have my money, it's not like I will be spending more money buying 6 times as many drinks to get the same effect. We ended up having to order 2 drinks at a time and ask for extra rum in each and keep going back for more.
Also, the motion sensors in the rooms shut off the air conditioning & lights after a little bit. While I understand this saves power, it is unfortunate to come back to the room and then wait for it to cool down to a comfortable temperature. Also, if you don't move everything shuts off (as I found in the bathroom at one point).
My wife and I were celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. We had visited the Grand Palladium resort in Jamaica and were very happy with the results so we thought that we would try the Mexico Grand Palladium resort. We usually go the the MoonPallace resort just outside of Cancun but wanted to try another resort in Mexico. We were very happy with the Grand Palladium Mexico, the people were all very friendly and helpful. The grounds on the resort were very clean and having the ability to get around all 4 lobbies using the shuttle servce was also extremelty helpful. Something that I did miss was having a golf course close by like at Moon Palace (we were aware of this prior to booking). The food was also fantastic! There were several resteraunts on site and we were never disappointed with either the staff or the food quality. We found that the food temperature in the resteraunts could have been a little warmer when it was served could be the only comment but this in no way affected the food taste. The drink selections and how they were mixed were perfect at any of the bars.
When we arrived at the lobby late after travelling all day and were given the option to upgrade from the White Sands we had booked to the TRS section for $740 CAD additional cost. We were told several advantages to this upgrade but didnt find much of this benificial to us and the other lobbies will tell you some things that are not true or they are not sure about, they are obviously looking at upsales. I would recommend that you look into all the advantages before upgrading and get them in writting so you do not end up with a surprise on your final bill for things that were supposed to be "included". You will find that there is little or no communication between the 4 different lobbies and no one seems to have the answers to specifics pertaining to what is included or not. Sorry, not trying to be one of those "complainers" but I just want to help someone else that may get caught like ourselves and save some money. This overall was a great resort and I do recommend that if anyone is looking for a great get away, they will not be disappointed in this resort!!