Chilhowee Mountain Retreat
What We Love
- A luxurious B&B getaway on USA TODAY’s list of 10 Best Southern Mountain Resorts and InnsYour complimentary hot B&B breakfast, served with a side of stunning mountain views
- Kicking back (and maybe spotting some bears) in the surrounding woods and Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- The property’s accolades, like its appearance on USA TODAY’s Top 10 Southern Mountain Resorts list and Country’s Best Cabins feature
What To Know
- Spend your days hiking the trails around the 10-acre property
- This is a very remote location; leave an hour of time to drive to the main sites
- These rustic log cabins are not for the upscale, design set
Log cabins, mountains and bears, oh my! Welcome to Chilhowee Mountain Retreat, a luxurious and secluded woodland escape that promises to stave off any cabin fever. This TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner and a top-ten Southern Mountain Resort on USA TODAY’s list gives you tons to see, with bear-spotted Great Smoky Mountains National Park and more nearby. Cruise along the Cherohala Skyway for views from miles up the mountains, or drive to the Smokies’ extensive network of trails to get started on your 900 Miler Club application.
Even if you cap your hikes at three or four miles, you’ll still have the choice of whether to head out or just hang out – and chances are, when your stay’s as comfy as this one, you’ll spring for the second. Rustic-chic interiors and sumptuous bathrooms in every room will give you something to stick around for, and you can always perch in a rocking chair on the back or front porch and check out the 10 surrounding acres of wilderness. Watch the sunrise, and feel free to follow it up at the breakfast table, still in your robe and slippers. Turns out, there is a place like home…
The epitome of rustic-luxe, Chilhowee Standard guestrooms feature wooden interiors, log furnishings, country-inspired quilts and deep neutral tones that complement the surrounding mountain scenery. The Bain Ultra two-person air-jet tub with heated backrests in the Bear and Wild Flower rooms, or the hot tub on the deck of the Forest View room,will help soothe your muscles after a long day of hiking, and a down comforter and plush robes keep things cozy.
This perfect Smoky Mountains location gives you easy access to the wilderness and 900 miles of hiking trails, while putting you close to the restaurants and lively attractions of the South. Dollywood, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the University of Tennessee are all just a short drive away from your mountain retreat. But there’s plenty of adventure in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, from scenic waterfalls and wildlife viewing to fishing and historic tours, so your mountain escape will be just the right blend of leisure and excitement.