Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei
What We Love
- An easily accessible location in Taipei’s business district
- Rooms with a view and spacious bathrooms with LCD TVs
- The outdoor heated rooftop swimming pool and Jacuzzi with panoramic city views
- The stress-busting massage at the world class spa
- Six restaurants in all, serving everything from traditional Catonese to Italian
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travelers
- Better for a quiet stay; not the most happening nightlife scene
- A touch austere, from the imposing façade to the Sung Dynasty decor — but that’s part of the old-school charm
- One child age six and under will receive free buffet meals at Café at Far Eastern when dining with at least one paying adult (up to a maximum of two children per room). If more than two children, or for children aged seven to 12, a discount of 50 percent will be applied to meals
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei, you’ll be centrally located in Taipei, convenient to Tong Hua Night Market and Taipei 101. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Fuyang Nature Ecological Park and Cathay General Hospital.
Make yourself at home in one of the 420 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 40-inch flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and shopping on site.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Great facility, Nice rooms. Hotel offers shuttle services all day to most of the visiting sites in Taipei. 101 is hardly 10 minutes walk. One hidden thing is, there is a plaza linked to the hotel and on concourse of shopping plaza they have nice food court as well as grocery store and bakery. Bakery sells fresh muffins, bread as well as sandwiches. They are really good. Also lots of other things one can find in the store/area. Regards to Shangri La, as always Hotel staff is always very helpful and friendly. Definitely worth coming back.
Just stayed in Far Eastern Shangri-la in Taipei, the third time this year. The location is so convenient and close to everything. Very good for a business traveller. Staff are extremely helpful and understand well my needs. Several good restaurants that I go to often. I also very much like very the Hainan chicken rice for in room dining too if the arrival is late and all restaurants are closed. Shang is my definite choice in Taipei and elsewhere.
Enjoyable and pleasant stay! Excellent service! I recommend you can asked for the room is more upper floor, the view will be excellent. The bar is very good, nice cocktail, nice musicians and the view is incredible good.