Hotel Eclat Taipei
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Hotel Eclat Taipei, you’ll be centrally located in Taipei, convenient to Cathay General Hospital and Taipei 101. This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of Tong Hua Night Market and Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 60 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and LED televisions. Your Select Comfort bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and bidets.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Taipei? This hotel has facilities measuring 1798 square feet (167 square meters), including meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Stayed here 3 nights - great service, staff was very friendly, and loved the room amenities. If only there was a small gym that would have been perfect. Also amazing beef noodle soup. Will def stay again!
I stayed at the Hotel Éclat twice during a trip to Taipei and had a very memorable stay on both occasions.
It was lovely to receive a warm welcome at reception and to be given a sample a shot of traditional apple cider drink upon at check-in. The receptionist spoke perfect English and explained all the amenities of the hotel.
Looking around in the lobby you can see plenty of amusing, modern sculptures as well as an elegant bar area and a buffet of complimentary treats (water, biscuits, jelly beans, chocolate raisins, spicy nuts and fruit).
The real wow factor of the interior of the hotel was the beautiful deluxe room. The chic design and sheer space made it a special place to stay. It had been put together in a way that was so customer focused and the amenities were some of the best I have ever seen.
During our stay everyone at Hotel Éclat was very helpful. Special congratulations to Gina, Doris and Jessica who run a beautiful breakfast service.
We have stayed in Eclat Hotel in June 2019 for 8 nights during visit Taipei. We are very impressed by Eclat hotel's best customer service; house keeping do the best job. The buffet breakfast is super delicious. The hotel is very nice to offer water fruits and snacks all day long. Best location. We can walk to Taipei 101 and night market and other famous location. We plan next time visit Taipei still choose Eclat Hotel. Thanks to Eclat Hotel from Guo' family.
Stayed here with my wife for our honeymoon and the staff were so helpful. I needed to get my surf boards to Hualien and Eric and Ryan organised a courier for me and made sure it was sorted. Gina behind the bar was also very friendly and helpful. They made our stay wonderful.
We stayed 3 nights. Easiest to describe in pros and cons.
- The front desk staff's English is ok at best. A lot seemed to be lost in translation, either innocent or deliberate.
- First, they couldn't seem to answer our simple question as to if the 10% offered on the hotel website had been deducted from our bill. Back and forth with managers and finally 30" later, yes it had.
- Before arrival the hotel sent an email asking if we had any specific preferences. We replied, we would prefer a quieter room on a higher floor. When we got there they seemed to have forgotten that. They advised none of the rooms on the higher floors were ready yet. We advised no problem, we will leave our luggage, explore the city and be back later when our room was ready. But they wouldn't accept that. "It's ok we will show you a lower room on the 3rd floor. If you don't like it we will change the room." The room faced the street and was super noisy. We declined the room.
- With declining the room we said we can just wait for the same room on a higher floor to be cleaned. They replied "well, actually it's a repair issue." What? What is it? Cleaning issue or repair issue? Then proceeded to tell us well we can give you a better room for a higher charge! No just giving us the room for the same price to comp us for now over 90 minutes of wasting our time. My husband was tired of the hassle and agreed to pay the extra price. Ah, it was clear it was neither cleaning or repair issue. From our assessment it was a blatant push to up sell the room.
- Simple request: Do you have a shuttle service to the airport? Three days, multiple different answers. Yes, then no, then well there is a driver, but he doesn't work on Saturdays. Then finally yes, we can check with the driver - which ultimately worked out well.
- Do not come here with a child. The art, is well, quite sexual and almost vulgarly so. I can do avant-garde, but a sculpture of a dog licking his testicles at the front desk? Really? Many of the other sculptures in the lobby may generate questions from your child(ten) that you may not have easy answers for.
- The lobby bar closes at 10 pm. Completely unexpected and seems out of touch with what a traveler would want, i.e. a drink when they come in from an evening in the city). They reluctantly served us at 9:55 pm, but the staff seemed in a hurry to get us out of there.
- The lighting in our 8th floor corner room was curious. The light to commode room lit up the bathroom/vanity and sink. Since there isn't a door separating the vanity/sink from the room, it lit up the entire sleeping area.
- The lighting around the mirror looked cool but was too dim to be useful to put on make up.
- nearly every time we walked out of our room we were greeted with the laundry bins sitting next to the elevator bank (am, afternoon, or pm). Just seemed odd for such an upscale hotel.
- breakfast was "meh" at best. Expensive for what was offered and pretty tasteless. A little salt or spices would have gone a long way.
- Fridge is stocked with random beverages, which are "free." But no doubt added to the cost of the rooms. I'd prefer not included, let me chose what I want. Nothing in the free items appealed to us.
- if you can do avant-garde art, it is a pretty hotel.
- The rooms are tasteful and pretty (with none of the avant garde art present in the lobby).
- There are two types of robes. The usual rough, heavy robes. Or, if you get lucky, I found a super soft, fluffy robe folded in the closet which was my choice for our stay.
- The rain shower is divine. A true rain shower, like you stepped into a downpour.
- Loved the toilet with it's programable bidet.
- Free bottles of water.
- You can phone the US free of charge. We didn't use, rather using our cell phone, but could be handy.
- when we finally secured transportation (utilizing the hotel transport) to the airport, the driver was on time, the car clean, and the driver exceedingly professional.
- they have this cellphone (free of charge) you can take with you loaded with maps and such. Kind of helpful, but we still needed data roaming on our cell phone so ended up leaving it in the room.
Long story short, would we stay again? No. The service was just so very bad and so unexpected for such an upscale hotel (over $200/night). We stayed at a B&B for $60/night that could have totally schooled the Eclat staff on what impeccable service looks like - so it's not a price issue.