Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA
What We Love
- The old town location is one of the best in Bern?
- The Lyonnaise atmosphere and traditional menu at Jack’s Brasserie?
- The Schweizerhof’s glamorous past — regulars included Liz Taylor and Grace Kelly?
- Soft drinks and beer from the minibar are free
- The new Lobby Bar
- Extra deep Japanese-style bathtubs and Bulgari amenities?
- Unchanged historic exterior has Juliet balconies
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $4 per person per night will be collected by the hotel at checkout (the rate will change to $6 per person, per night from June 1 2014).
- It's about an hour's drive to the nearest ski resorts Wengen and Adelboden in the Jungfrau region
- The property reopened after a renovation in April 2011
- Unlike most Swiss hotels, breakfast is not included?
- Parking costs around $40 per day
- Ask for a room facing the streets of Old Town
- Pets are allowed for a fee
- Handicap-accessible are available upon request
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern, you’ll be centrally located in Bern, minutes from Bern Art Museum and Bundeshaus. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of French Church and Theater am Zytglogge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 99 guestrooms featuring minibars and espresso makers. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 43-inch LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in Bern? This hotel has 800 square feet (74 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge.
How to Get There
I stay here often and it is always great. Rooms are spacious and tastefully done. Service is great. Kim at the front desk is always so enthusiastic. Location right next to train station is very convenient.
The Hotel Schweitzerhof Bern is a beautiful property with a wonderful, friendly Team. From the time you step into the foyer until checkout most are professional and helpful. The location is prime for visits into the country side or time spent in the city. This hotel has old world charm with modern amenities and works well with our business travel. We look forward to our next visit to this beautiful city!
if you enjoy going to hotels to experience some outstanding service, this is the place to go in Bern. The location is also extremely convenient, the staff as mentioned must be the best around. The rooms are comfortable with modern bathrooms. There is also a gym and a spa, both beautiful but on the small side.
Staff were excellent! Loved the bar, loved the room, loved how close it was to the train station. The shower was amazing. In the end, the staff made this hotel all 5’s for me. And they had Ron Zacapa, so that’s a major plus
Really conveniently located; near to the station and the old town. The rooms are very comfortable and clean; great bathrooms. The only hotel I know that has a cigar room. It is clearly very popular with the locals and a great way to unwind after dinner. the staff are charming.