Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA
What We Love
- The old town location is one of the best in Bern?
- The Lyonnaise atmosphere and traditional menu at Jack’s Brasserie?
- The Schweizerhof’s glamorous past — regulars included Liz Taylor and Grace Kelly?
- Soft drinks and beer from the minibar are free
- The new Lobby Bar
- Extra deep Japanese-style bathtubs and Bulgari amenities?
- Unchanged historic exterior has Juliet balconies
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $4 per person per night will be collected by the hotel at checkout (the rate will change to $6 per person, per night from June 1 2014).
- It's about an hour's drive to the nearest ski resorts Wengen and Adelboden in the Jungfrau region
- The property reopened after a renovation in April 2011
- Unlike most Swiss hotels, breakfast is not included?
- Parking costs around $40 per day
- Ask for a room facing the streets of Old Town
- Pets are allowed for a fee
- Handicap-accessible are available upon request
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Schweizerhof Bern, you’ll be centrally located in Bern, minutes from Bern Art Museum and Bundeshaus. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of French Church and Theater am Zytglogge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 99 guestrooms featuring minibars and espresso makers. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 43-inch LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in Bern? This hotel has 800 square feet (74 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge.