Story Hotel Signalfabriken
What We Love
- A stylish boutique hotel just north of Stockholm, with buffet breakfast included The spot-on location, just a 12-minute metro ride from the heart of Stockholm
- Trendy industrial-chic rooms with soothing colors and high-tech gadgetry
- Anytime cocktails, coffee and snacks in the hotel’s hip lounge bar
What To Know
- Continental breakfast includes homemade granola, muesli, smoked salmon, and smoothies
- Located right next to Sundyberg Station making the commute in and out of town rather easy
- Free WiFi works well
It’s all Swedish-style industrial chic at this hip boutique base in Sundbyberg, a lively suburb just north of Stockholm. Housed in a former 1930’s manufacturing complex, Story Hotel Sundbyberg features camera-ready interiors, from heavy-gauge metal stairways and graffiti-tagged concrete columns to modern artwork and trendy copper-and-steel finishes.
Each of the 83 unique guest rooms mixes boutique décor with utilitarian flourishes – think statement-making aesthetics, track lighting, floor-to-ceiling windows and exposed brick and concrete. Cozy beds boast headboards made from recycled doors, Smart TVs with cable channels, well-stocked minibars and bathrooms with rainfall showers.
The wining and dining are nothing short of fabulous, especially in the unpretentious Phil’s Burger, where you can choose from a selection of gourmet fillings or build a burger to your own specifications. Equally worthy of your attention is the laid-back bar, where you can work your way through a deep cocktail menu or simply relax with a bottle of ice-cold Swedish craft beer.
How to Get There
The room is clean and comfortable. Staffs are very friendly. Breakfast provided is good as well. The location is not so popular but the convenient public transportation compensates the drawback of the location.
Very nice location outside the hectic Stockholm City. Tube, trams, buses, commuter trains, airport coaches on the doorstep + numerous pubs and restaurants.
Hotel comfy and personal with its own style and design.
This hotel is located in the centre of town, near restaurants, stores, transportation, everything. Cool industrial style interior. The hotel does not provide parking. Breakfast below par. Rooms clean and modern.