Clarion Hotel Sign
What We Love
- A sleek and modern four-star hotel in a central Stockholm location, with breakfastStaying in the perfect Stockholm location, close to the best shopping and dining
- Admiring the chic Scandinavian design in your gorgeous guest room
- Enjoying a discount at the hotel's exquisite restaurant
What To Know
- Located just a 5-minute walk from Central Station (where you can connect to the Arlanda Airport Express)
- Clear glass bathroom doors can be awkward depending on your travel companion(s)
- Free WiFi is reliable
How to Get There
I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights during a business trip.
Location: The hotel is located centrally, within 5 minutes from the train station which will bring you within 18 minutes to Stockholm airport.
Nearby there are plenty of food options among which a 7-11 and a Burger King.
In front of the hotel is a nice park.
The hotel itself: the front desk is often very busy and you have to wait for a long time. This was even more evident when I had to leave for the airport and pickup my luggage which I stored in the hotels luggage storage facility.
There was nobody to man the facility and it was locked with my luggage inside it. The front desk was again very busy and I had to wait for a long time before somebody would get me my luggage.
As for the elevators: don’t even bother. While I was there 2 of the 4 elevators where out of irder for some time. But even with all 4 elevators working, these 4 elevators are by far not enough to accomodate the whole hotel. More often than not I would give up waiting and take the stairs as that was way faster.
The room was spacious and clean. The bed slept also pretty good. Body products were provided of the brand Rituals which was a nice touch. The minibar of the room only had water, no other products.
The gym of the hotel is the largest I have ever encountered in a hotel. They have a large selection of weights, 2 benches, several cardio machines and several strength machines. A full body workout is easily possible.
The bar: The hotel has its own bar but be aware that they close at 11 PM on sundays. Drinks are on the price level that you can expect from Sweden.
The breakfast had a selection of options that you would expect from a hotel of this class. But the downfall is that the lines for breakfast were very long and you had to wait a long time for your turn. There is also only one machine which dispenses coffee and hot water and it is situated at the end of the line for breakfast. Thia understandably leads to even longer lines.
Overall the location is good, the rooms and gym are so too, but all other areas of the hotel are lacking.
Stayed for one night in July. We used the self check-in which was great. Not so great when we opened the hotel room door and noticed the room hadn’t been cleaned, so we had to go down to the lobby again and cue for another room. Room number two was very nice with comfortable bed and pillows!
The disappointing thing was the breakfast! The breakfast room was overcrowded and people had to stand and eat (!!!) at the bar because there was no where to sit!!! Very loud music and not relaxing at all to wake up and enjoy the nice breakfast that was served. People had to cue for some time to get anything. Bread and pastries had finished and wasn’t refilled. Dishes was not put away. Not enjoyable at all.
Overall we liked the hotel but will probably not come back.
A really mdern hotel, with very kind persons! The beds were super comfortable, the breakfast was delicious. A shot of smoothy was a very nice start. The elevators with different musics was funny. The concept if the guest skip the cleaning, they offer that money to Unicef was really great! Wish to go back!
First of all the hotel gives you a good access to all of the city with T-Centralen just a couple of mins away. Otherwise:
+ Gym is well-equiped for a hotel gym
+ Rooms are clean and modern
+ Themed elevators 😂
+ Friendly service
- Crowded breakfast
Let's start with the positives
- The location is central
- The Gym is surprisingly well equipped
- The staff are friendly
Now for the bad
- Front desk is very busy and there is no priority queue. You can only check in after a certain time therefore increasing the number guests trying to check in
- The hotel tries to be "hip" by playing loud music throughout the entrance, lobby, restaurant and elevators. This just gives it a cheap and tacky feel. Think poor man's Las Vegas
- The rooms are tiny and feel cheap. The pillows are terrible.
- The curtains in the rooms are not blackout. So if you like to wake up at 03:45 every day in the summer that's a positive. Most of us are not accustomed to the Swedish white nights and want to get some sleep
- The breakfast experience is terrible. It's overcrowded and the food quality is mediocre. I've had better scrambled eggs in a fast food restaurant. The coffee is atrocious and for some reasons the cups have no handles
- The bar service takes far too long. 10 mins to get served a drink?
- The shower head in my room pointed toward the wall due to the water pressure. I had to hold it with one hand so the jet covered my body