Clarion Hotel Amaranten
What We Love
- A central Stockholm hotel in the stylish Kungsholmen island-borough, with breakfast and moreStaying on Stockholm's ultra-cool island of Kungsholmen, in the heart of all the action
- Starting the day with a typical Swedish smorgasbord buffet breakfast
- Exploring the ancient buildings and pretty waterfronts of the Old Town
What To Know
- Some guestrooms are currently undergoing rennovation
- Great WiFi throughout
- Only a 10-minute walk from Stockholm Central Station
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Stockholm is arguably Scandinavia’s sleekest city, and it’s only growing ever more hip as it continues to produce trendsetting fashions and cutting-edge design. When the sun is shining, its terracotta-roofed buildings stand sandwiched between the azure blues of the sea and sky, making for a picturesque tableau of charming sights that defines this uber-cool center of style.
At Clarion Amaranten Hotel, you’ll be staying at a peaceful yet central location in the city’s hip island-borough of Kungsholmen. The property plays off the area’s stylish theme, with modern, design-centric interiors that emphasize a playful twist on the form-over-function aesthetic.
Whether you spend your time navigating the cobbled streets of Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s old town, searching for keepsakes at the boutique shops that line Sodermalm’s streets or exploring the 24,000 islands that make up the city’s impressive archipelago, you’ll soon agree that this is a destination that belongs on any traveler’s bucket list.
The hotel’s rooms are modern in design, staying true to Scandinavian interior fashions, while incorporating a bit of flare through bright accent colors. Wooden floors and floor-to-ceiling windows complete the casual, contemporary vibe. Superior rooms are larger than Standard accommodations.
The on-site restaurant adopts the hotel’s modern yet fun design to create a casual and stylish space. Enjoy a menu of international cuisine alongside an excellent wine list. A sumptuous, Swedish buffet breakfast is served daily at Kitchen & Table.
Clarion Amaranten’s wellness facilities include a fitness center, as well as an in-house massage therapist to help you relax and work away any tensions. An indoor swimming pool and sauna and sauna were added in 2014.
Clarion Amaranten is located on the island of Kungsholmen, just a seven-minute walk from Stockholm City Hall and Stockholm Central Station. The nearest Metro station of Radhuset is just moments from the hotel’s door – Stockholm locations don’t get more central than this.
How to Get There
Nice hotel but not in the best location for a tourist -- just too far to the pedestrian mall or the harbor or any museum to speak of. Very clean and modern with a very helpful staff. Rooms were quiet and nicely appointed, not very big but ok for two. Only one chair to lounge in and it had a slumped seat -- felt as if you were sitting in a bean bag. Breakfast buffets were excellent.
If you have another option, take that one. This hotel has seen better days. We have stayed in numerous hotels around Scandinavia for several weeks and this is the only one that is not only loud and dirty but just unacceptable. The lobby looked nice but quality goes down from there, and this is the only hotel in which the staff are less than helpful. I do feel sorry for them since it seems they get a lot of complaints. Our rooms were not very clean, the halls are under renovation and full of fumes (though the work does not seem to be progressing). It’s easier to take the stairs every time than deal with the elevators. There was nonstop construction noise outside every day at dawn, though it is hard to know where it came from (sounded like drilling and excavation with trucks being loaded with rocks every few minutes - an actual rock band at dawn would have been nicer). The breakfast, which reviewers have mentioned, is not nearly as nice as most standard hotel breakfasts (they are very common here and Clarion does not provide the standard). Better to buy coffee across the street and get on with your day. Apologies for the negativity but avoid this place, there are many other great options in Stockholm. A decent rest is important to exploring all that this beautiful city has to offer.
I'll skip romantic descriptions and go straight to the point:
1) the hotel is expensive (as everything in sweden) but prices are completely acceptable given that it is a 4 star hotel in town centre with a very good breakfast. In fact, it has an excellent quality/price ratio
2) the room is very comfortable, bed and pillows are of great quality
3) nice abundant breakfast, lots of options
4) gym included in the service. Not an amazing gym but i understood it will be renovated
5) three lifts, never have to wait too much
1) the room didn't have a bloody bottle opener "cause people were stealing them". This is not justified in a 4-star hotel - especially if you need to open bottles from the frigo-bar.
2) no number to call reception in the room - had to go downstairs. Again, I don't care, I'm not posh or fussy. But it's a 4-star hotel! Take more of this feedback, some annoying people would get mad.
3) add perhaps some details, like some shoe shine? Relatively inexpensive but gives a more personal touch.
I highly recommend the hotel! The bar looked very good but we didn't end up drinking there.
The room was small but comfortable and provided enough space for the two of us. The staff were super friendly and helped us with directions to the Christmas market. We had a lovely buffet breakfast each day but unfortunately didn’t get to visit the restaurant for dinner. When we booked the hotel we had seen photos of a pool, however when we had a look around the pool had been removed leaving an empty room near the sauna.
If you are traveling to and from airport, you can use Arlanda express and walk directly approx 600m to hotel.
Nice design, small rooms, renovated.
Breakfast is always very busy, no matter what time. That’s a bit annoying, but very good offer , huge variety for breakfast. Just 15 min away, direct access to subway station. One stop away from „central“ station, where you can easily transfer.
Would definitely come again, as the location is just perfect.