Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
What We Love
- The rate includes buffet breakfast
- Staying in the only hotel within Iguaçu National Park — you’ll have it to yourself for hours before the gates open to visitors (but it should be noted that it costs $52.20 for non-Brazilians to enter the park — a fee which isn't included in the daily rate)
- The pool is an unknowingly kitsch spot in the jungle
- The retro-tropical style: pink and peppermint shades under whirring ceiling fans make you feel like part of a 1950s novel
- Staff knows the best time, weather and ways to see every park sight, whether you’re a hard-core hiker or just taking the shuttle bus
What To Know
- There is an optional city and cultural fee of $2.44 per room, per day that you may pay at check-in at the hotel
- The hotel was renovated in 2010
- Everything about this place revolves around the falls; if you merely want a Brazil break with a pool, this isn’t for you
- Superior Rooms are a compact 258 square feet
- There are two dining choices: a "Gaucho" style barbecue Restaurante Ipê and Brazilian-International fusion dishes at Itaipu
- Cancellation is advised 72 hours prior to arrival
- Room bookings are limited to nine per guest
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas in Foz do Iguacu, you’ll be in a national park and minutes from Iguacu Falls and close to Iguazu Falls. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Iguazu National Park and Parque Nacional do Iguacu.
Make yourself at home in one of the 193 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature hair dryers and bathrobes. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Foz do Iguacu? This hotel has facilities measuring 1012 square feet (94 square meters), including meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
We chose this high end hotel as it was the only one located in the Park itself. You had access to the falls, when the park was closed and not all the crowds around. The staff are excellently trained and provide great personal service. Wifi was good, free mini bar (no alcohol), flip flops and great amentities. The hotel has everything that one would expect from a world class hotel. It is worth staying one night just to visit the falls.
Earlier reviews had persuaded me to choose the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas for our short trip to Iguassu Falls. I can only repeat the advice to stay here if you can; it is a beautiful hotel, the service is first class and the location is superb. My daughter and I set off at 0730 to walk the trail from the hotel down to the Falls ( no entry ticket required, just cross the road and join the path). We had the biggest look-out post completely to ourselves - the most amazing waterfalls and only the wildlife was sharing the view with us. Honeymooners - look no further!
The only thing I would have changed is the length of our stay. We made a one night stopover from Rio (approx 24 hrs) and had enough time on the first day for the boat tour but insufficient time to see the Falls from the Argentina side. Two nights minimum and I bet you’d still be thinking your departure was premature.
We took a taxi to the National Park gates (about 5 mins and 17 reais) and at the gate we were picked up by the Belmond hotel mini-van for the 15 min ride to the hotel.
The Falls and this pink paradise are not to be missed if you are visiting Brazil, Argentina or Paraguay.
Wow what an amazing stay at the Belmond hotel in the National Park. Having access to the falls when it was closed to the public was amazing. The hotel was fabulous, the rooms and complimentary mini bar on arrival was fantastic. The pool was great for relaxing after a day of exploring the falls. The breakfast provided as part of the room rate was awesome. We would highly recommend staying at the Belmond.
Spectacular property located near the falls. An absolute must if you are visiting the area or Brazil. Just recognized as the only 5 star property according to Forbes in South America. Great accommodation, great food. The best it to take the hike to the falls early in the am. We left at 7:30 am and had it all to ourself.
It was a great pleasure to stay at this excellent, well-managed and hospitable hotel and certainly the place to stay if, like us, you are only likely to visit the falls once. We stayed three nights, which meant two whole days to enjoy the falls and the hotel. It's a cab ride to go anywhere else so this was long enough for us. As well as the excellent food and service, the key benefit is that one can visit the falls in the cool of the morning and evening, before the continuous arrival of coach-loads of visitors - a quite different experience from that of the 'day visitor'.