Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
What We Love
- The rate includes buffet breakfast
- Staying in the only hotel within Iguaçu National Park — you’ll have it to yourself for hours before the gates open to visitors (but it should be noted that it costs $52.20 for non-Brazilians to enter the park — a fee which isn't included in the daily rate)
- The pool is an unknowingly kitsch spot in the jungle
- The retro-tropical style: pink and peppermint shades under whirring ceiling fans make you feel like part of a 1950s novel
- Staff knows the best time, weather and ways to see every park sight, whether you’re a hard-core hiker or just taking the shuttle bus
What To Know
- There is an optional city and cultural fee of $2.44 per room, per day that you may pay at check-in at the hotel
- The hotel was renovated in 2010
- Everything about this place revolves around the falls; if you merely want a Brazil break with a pool, this isn’t for you
- Superior Rooms are a compact 258 square feet
- There are two dining choices: a "Gaucho" style barbecue Restaurante Ipê and Brazilian-International fusion dishes at Itaipu
- Cancellation is advised 72 hours prior to arrival
- Room bookings are limited to nine per guest
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas in Foz do Iguacu, you’ll be in a national park and minutes from Iguacu Falls and close to Iguazu Falls. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Iguazu National Park and Parque Nacional do Iguacu.
Make yourself at home in one of the 193 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature hair dryers and bathrobes. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Foz do Iguacu? This hotel has facilities measuring 1012 square feet (94 square meters), including meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
Excellant location and facilities. Had problem with flies entering under main door. Smell from Spar waterfall when first switched on was not very nice but did not last for long. Staff very helpful and friendly.
Belmond has exceeded our expectations in every way. For the inquiry process, to the booking process, all the communication prior to our arrival, the check-in and check-out process. All of the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, comfortable and cozy. All the bathroom amenities are top notch. Housekeeping staff was excellent and we look forward to returning to our room for small surprises and “touches”.
We are very happy that we chose this hotel when we visited the Brazilian side of the Falls. Highly recommended to everyone.
excellent facilities with really lovely staff who do their upmost to please
swimming pool and service their very nice
access to Brazilian side of waterfalls in morning and evening was brilliant