Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
What We Love
- The rate includes buffet breakfast
- Staying in the only hotel within Iguaçu National Park — you’ll have it to yourself for hours before the gates open to visitors (but it should be noted that it costs $52.20 for non-Brazilians to enter the park — a fee which isn't included in the daily rate)
- The pool is an unknowingly kitsch spot in the jungle
- The retro-tropical style: pink and peppermint shades under whirring ceiling fans make you feel like part of a 1950s novel
- Staff knows the best time, weather and ways to see every park sight, whether you’re a hard-core hiker or just taking the shuttle bus
What To Know
- There is an optional city and cultural fee of $2.44 per room, per day that you may pay at check-in at the hotel
- The hotel was renovated in 2010
- Everything about this place revolves around the falls; if you merely want a Brazil break with a pool, this isn’t for you
- Superior Rooms are a compact 258 square feet
- There are two dining choices: a "Gaucho" style barbecue Restaurante Ipê and Brazilian-International fusion dishes at Itaipu
- Cancellation is advised 72 hours prior to arrival
- Room bookings are limited to nine per guest
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas in Foz do Iguacu, you’ll be in a national park and minutes from Iguacu Falls and close to Iguazu Falls. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Iguazu National Park and Parque Nacional do Iguacu.
Make yourself at home in one of the 193 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature hair dryers and bathrobes. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Foz do Iguacu? This hotel has facilities measuring 1012 square feet (94 square meters), including meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
We spent 3 nights in Iguazu at the Belmond. It was a wonderful hotel with excellent food and service. The setting was gorgeous. It was great to have the beautiful pool to relax at after a tour of the falls. You never felt there were too many people. It was a nice place to escape the crowds at the falls and the location was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is worth the splurge.
We stayed at the hotel because of the location next to the falls and what an EXCELLENT choice it was. The hotel is beautiful and literally across from some of the falls. The grounds and pool are a total resort. The service was excellent and our room was beautiful, well maintained and clean. We were upgraded to a small suite which had two balconies. The buffet restaurant where we ate was excellent and the service was outstanding. Let's be clear, this is a 5-star hotel and it is very expensive, but it is the only hotel in (or near) in the National Park. While the hotel is expensive the level of service and attention to detail make this well worth the price. This is a luxury hotel. The park hours are 9am-5pm and when the park closes all the visitors leave and the hotel guests are the only one's there and we had full access to all the trails and park areas. It was incredible, we walked to all the most beautiful overlooks and out onto the causeway bridge over the falls totally alone! WOW! We saw all sorts of wildlife, Toucans and Monkeys right by us on the paths. The park itself is outstanding and very well maintained and clean – no litter, paths are safe and well-marked. We wished we had planned 3 nights so we could have gone to the Argentina National Park side of the river. In addition to the walking paths, we took the safari boat ride to the falls (and under the falls - you will get wet) and the helicopter flight over the falls (both on the Brazil side located easy access to the hotel). We would highly recommend staying here! recommend this expereince.
Well, this was more than I was expecting! Hotel’s location is must have if you want to see Iguazu Falls without tourists, because you have access to the park before and after everyone!
Staff is very friendly, kind, knowledgeable, helpful.
I love to run early in the mornings, but thanks to reception, who warned me about forest animals and I have done it later than usual (and yes- pumas and leopards are usual there).
Breakfast is amazing, for dinner there is 2 options buffet dinner and a la card menu! I chose buffet dinner and it was amazing, for me as vegetarian it was absolutely stuffed with tasty things!
Overall! I enjoyed everything! And they have most amazing bed linens ever- could not get out of bed!