Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
What We Love
- The rate includes buffet breakfast
- Staying in the only hotel within Iguaçu National Park — you’ll have it to yourself for hours before the gates open to visitors (but it should be noted that it costs $52.20 for non-Brazilians to enter the park — a fee which isn't included in the daily rate)
- The pool is an unknowingly kitsch spot in the jungle
- The retro-tropical style: pink and peppermint shades under whirring ceiling fans make you feel like part of a 1950s novel
- Staff knows the best time, weather and ways to see every park sight, whether you’re a hard-core hiker or just taking the shuttle bus
What To Know
- There is an optional city and cultural fee of $2.44 per room, per day that you may pay at check-in at the hotel
- The hotel was renovated in 2010
- Everything about this place revolves around the falls; if you merely want a Brazil break with a pool, this isn’t for you
- Superior Rooms are a compact 258 square feet
- There are two dining choices: a "Gaucho" style barbecue Restaurante Ipê and Brazilian-International fusion dishes at Itaipu
- Cancellation is advised 72 hours prior to arrival
- Room bookings are limited to nine per guest
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas in Foz do Iguacu, you’ll be in a national park and minutes from Iguacu Falls and close to Iguazu Falls. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Iguazu National Park and Parque Nacional do Iguacu.
Make yourself at home in one of the 193 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature hair dryers and bathrobes. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Foz do Iguacu? This hotel has facilities measuring 1012 square feet (94 square meters), including meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
Why not this hotel?
During my long travel to the different countries I decided to write everything in details for the hotels. Some were not good some extremely good.
This one was one of those hotels who I liked it too much.
For sure if I am supposed to visit this country I would choose this hotel once again. Cause they really made my trip. Everything was excellent. Room Was very clean, atmosphere was so friendly.
Bathroom smells good, Bed sheet is so clean, TV was working properly.
Such a lovely gem of a Pink Palace. We are so glad we stayed here. It’s not cheap but you understand why you don’t want it to be! It’s right in the park and you literally have the falls to yourself when the tour buses leave. Aside from this - the hotel is amazing. They arranged everything for us - picked us up from Argentine airport and brought us across the border - all the passports sorted etc. A lovely welcome at the hotel - complimentary haviana slippers. Awesome breakfast (one of the best I have ever had). Attentive pool service. One of the best concierge services ever. Once in a lifetime experience staying here
The main attraction of this hotel is that it is within the park, making it possible to see the waterfalls from the Brazilian side before and after the tourist buses arrive and leave. Twice I went walking on my own at night under the full moon and saw the Devil's throat on my own in the moonlight. Suffice to say that this was magical. For those who prefer to not to be alone, several group walks are being offered by the hotel each day. The hotel tours, accommodation and food is of the highest standard and staff are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. They also all speak excellent English which is not always the case in Brazil.