Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru
What We Love
- Daily American breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Elegant, without a hint of snobbery; leave the shoes in the villa
- Permanent on-site marine biology team who lead excellent snorkel safaris
- Short speedboat transfer from the Malé airport
- Genuinely friendly, unfawning service from staff you actually enjoy hanging out with
- Serious spa treatments from highly trained professionals
What To Know
- No TVs in the rooms or on the island. This is a place to unplug and unwind
- Drinks aren’t included in the price of the room and can be quite costly
- The island is tiny — you can literally walk around it in 15 minutes
- Small but harmless baby blacktip sharks in the lagoon may unnerve some guests
- Water currents shift the sands, so the villas’ beaches increase or decrease from week to week
- Speedboat transfers to/from Malé are roughly $113.50 per person, each way, and can be arranged through the property
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru in Vabbinfaru (North Male Atoll), you’ll be minutes from Vabbininfaru Beach and close to Angsana Beach. This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of Thulhagiri Beach and Bandos Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 48 air-conditioned rooms featuring private plunge pools. Rooms have private furnished patios. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a sauna and a 24-hour fitness center. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Vabbinfaru? This resort has facilities measuring 323 square feet (30 square meters), including a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge during limited hours.
How to Get There
really very nice staff and very nice hospitality and villa is amazing
and the pool very clean and high privacy and easy access to beach
and the resort close to airport around 20 minute by speed boat
really i enjoyed
Simply perfect! Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts never fails to WOW their guests with their facilities, amenities, and highly professional yet friendly associates... a truly and highly commendable property to have the ultimate Maldives getaway!
We have been to the Maldives for many times, and Vabbinfaru did not disappoint.
We have had an eye on it for many times but always worried it's too overbuild.
Sadly we only stayed for 5 nights in January but will definitely return in the near future for at least a week.
Stayed at one of the spa sanctuary villas. All the villas are the same, apart from the cabanas and the outdoor space that comes with the spa sanctuary villas.
Things we absolutely loved:
- Smooth and quick transfer
- very good house reef and plenty of marine life
- food at the a la carte restaurant was amazing, and we are very picky
- superb beach
- service was top notch and very attentive
- great spat treatments
- quiet atmosphere, very relaxed clientele
- no drones allowed, which was very much appreciated
- staff was just so friendly, no matter what departement
- old school maldivian island feeling
- complete barefoot island
- picture perfect island
Things we thought might improve a little:
The bed was on the harder side and the aircon quite old
There was hardly anything we didn't like at Vabbinfaru. We were even surprised it did feel more secluded than we thought.
If it was adults only, it would be perfection for us.
Cannot wait to return.
Thank you to the whole team for such a great stay.
Our holiday here was just perfect! It was absolutely amazing with big applauses to Banyan Tree Vabinnfaru. We loved the warm and efficiency services here. We spent 5 days at this place in a Beach front Villa and everything went so smoothly. Thanks to Zahir for the activities suggestion. Snorkeling is a must do activity here so try to do it as soon as you arrive when the weather is clear. We decided to do it in our 3rd nights for Night snorkeling and it was great but the sea was a bit rough as it was raining earlier. We did morning snorkeling on the 4th days and it was showering too. Hassan our guide took us out anyway and we glad we did it. Out there by the reef you can still see things clearly even in the rain (it would have been better in the clear weather of course). We did snorkeling by ourselves on the last day and it was just so beautiful in the calm weather as we have never seen these many fishes in our lives. We also did night fishing and it was fun too. Our suggestion is to book 3-4 nights at least to enjoy Maldives most. Overall, we enjoyed it very much with warm hospitality, yummy food, gym facility, beautiful room and amenities. If you thinking about Maldives, we recommend to stay at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.
First of all, I’m a very picky person when it comes to spending my saving money!
I never regret that with Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.
Warm welcoming, Clean environment, fast responsive staff, delicious food, very cool view and the beach front villa was amazing.
Everyone passed by me and my wife said (Hi, Good morning, Good evening... etc) with a pretty and kind smile! I travel a lot and experience different hotels and resorts, but never experienced such a treatment except in Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Maldives & another hotel in Malaysia I mentioned before.
I would like to thank everyone.
Mr. Haresh for the warm welcoming.
Mr. Ziyad who made a huge effort cleaning the villa and making it shining.
Ms. Jullie for the great hospitality in the restaurant.
Mr. Shahid for offering us cups of coffee before leaving the island.
And Mr. Fresh juice maker “i forgot his name” he was super kind.
And all receptionists and guest services.
Best Regards with all respect.