Isla Tajín Beach & River Resort
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Isla Tajín Beach & River Resort in Tuxpan, you’ll be on the beach and within the region of Lienzo Charro and Reforma Park. This 4-star hotel is within the region of Historical Museum of the Mexico-Cuba Friendship.
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 air-conditioned rooms featuring private pools and private spa tubs. Rooms have private balconies or patios. LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include desks and complimentary bottled water, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a picnic area.
Food & Drink
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours).
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Although the original concept was a good idea, although the location has a good scenery and although the employees try to compensate with efforts to provide good service; in reality the place is very poorly maintained and the owner is clearly someone who needs better ethical and business standards. She keeps the tips for herself and she would not provide an invoice (I assume to avoid paying taxes).
- Closer than Acapulco if you drive from Mexico City.
- Placed just between the beach and a huge lagoon.
- Nice rooms, with internal pool.
- Good Wi-Fi.
- Restaurant was better than expected.
- Kind staff.
- It is pricey considering that the facilities are good but not great.
- It is strongly advisable to arrive and depart during the day, because the hotel can only be reached by driving through the sand.
- You have to request and wait for a parasol if you want to be on the beach.
- Does not have a gym.
- Internal pools are not heated.
- According to waiters, hotel owners would keep any tips left with credit card.
I would return, but hoped there were better options to stay at if you want a beach setting in Tuxpan.
First, you can find this great place at:
LAT 21° 4'6.86"N
- This is a beautiful place, lots of grees areas
- It has two outdoor pools
- One pool faces the ocean, the other faces the lagoon
- The swimming pool that faces the lagoon is right beside the restaurant
- The rooms facing the ocean are perfect
- The rooms facing the lagoon are almost perfect
- The rooms in the middle are, ok.
- Each and every room has:
+ King bed
+ Small desk
+ Outdoor bath tube (wonderful)
+ Outdoor swimming pool (private)
+ Outdoor place to relax at on a bed or "camastros"
+ Outdoor table to have breakfast, food or romantic dinner
+ Safe, iron and hair dryer
+ TV with plenty of channels
+ Radio and ipod connection for your own music
- Always hot water (it takes a while to get hot, but it will)
- About the food, the chef is really good, Rodrigo is outstanding, trust him
- About the restaurant service, excellent!, Guillermo is always prompt and kind
- About front desk, perfect. Both workers always ready
- Security: All personal is always checking if everything is ok
- Personal is always checking on people in the hotel
- The price per night is US$ 194.00 dollars (worth every penny)
- It is more a lovers and couples hotel
- It is relaxing, far and not crowded
- If you wish not to drive back to downtown, there is a marine taxi that will take you free of charge and program your return if you are a guest.
- It has a small auditorium, maybe for 40 people at the most that could work as conference room or so.
Wifi always and good signal.
- To get to the hotel you have to drive for about 1.5 miles over the beach, it feels a little dangerous the first time. Second time is great, then is normal. The car dos not get stuck on sand, as you are driving on the humid zone, between the ocean and the dry sand of the beach.
- The government had promised for years to build a road, but it has been just promises, so, the hotel has a hard time renewing or taking care of all expenses and maintenance. The hotel is GREAT, but the manager needs to choose between the urgent and the not so prompt matters.
- It is 20 minutes away from downtown
- The parking space is small and feels kind of too close to the sea. (never got a problem, but you feel a bit worried)
- Poor signal reception of TELCEL
- Take snaks and a bottle of wine, brandy or whiskey to your room, order some food and start your own romantic evening that will last all night.
- You can go downtown and ask for your food when you get back at your room, they will make your table, put some candles and many other things.
So, this is the place to be. What are you waiting! Go!... now!
Isla Tajin Beach & River Resort is a beautiful, tranquil place to visit. Surrounded by water, bay & mangroves on one side & the ocean on the other~ it offers breathtaking sunrises & sunsets.
With three separate styles of rooms to offer (all offering their own private pool), you are sure to find your peaceful place whether on business, a romantic get away, a family get together or an incredible Destination Wedding.
During my stay the staff were delightful and the rooms were immaculate & relaxing.
The Chef is very personable & accommodating to any taste or diet you might desire. The meals he prepared during my stay were beautifully & artfully presented as well as some of the best food I have ever eaten.
I highly recommend this resort & I look forward to the day I can return!
A lovely weekend getaway just made me melt, and it had nothing to do with the heat, as weather was so very perfect. Tuxpan a town in Veraacruz state, now only a mere 3.30 picturesque drive away from Mexico City, is home to Isla Tajin, a 20+ suites eco-looking and good looking beach/magrove front hotel.
Upoon our arrival -may i mention- driving on a perfect natural sand road -literally between sand and the waves- we were greeted happily with the simple yet lovely front desk staff. We arrived at night a a blanket of stars was awaiting us in ou oceanfront suite peeking through our rounded tearrace ceiling void. Bubbly in hand as we unwinded in th room, to chill by our private plunge pool of course we didnt wanted to live the room, for wwhich we ordered room service to be delivered quite promptly and with very tasteful dishes.
The room was so pleaseant decorated with local and refined handcrafts, a very good matress and delicious pillows, a double vanity well-lit batroom and shower with and adjoint outdoor hot tub... Need to say more?..
Our breakfast was included yet decided to have it served with beachfront views at our suite -more like a villa- and enjoyed again for one of he most corteous service had in a while, everyone was so lovely at Isla Tajin.
We didnt even swim in either one of the two beautiful pools -ocean/magrove-front pools as we were feeling pampered and prefered our more little but private one (also tempered). Books and magazines, lemonades and wines were enjoyed lounging in our room and terrace, with the help of our BFF the Room Service personel. Which by the way was so very affordable (actually all the F&B offered).
Besides reading and relaxin we went out for a mangrove tour leaving from the property, just at 5pm so we coud catch the sunset among the trees while at our little boat. Did I mentioned I was feeling truly spoiled?..
Ok I wont go over the more R&R ging on, but recoomment this place, which is a destination within itself -small, but truly- a place to enjoy and apppreciate nature, time off and the sound of the ocean as a lullaby.