Radisson San Jose-Costa Rica
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Radisson San Jose-Costa Rica is centrally located in San Jose, walking distance from Children’s Museum and close to Simon Bolivar Zoo. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Gold Museum and Mercado Central.
Make yourself at home in one of the 210 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and microwaves. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while iPod docking stations and cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Try your luck at the casino and enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands. The shuttle (surcharge) will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can take in a garden view, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in San Jose? This hotel has 1033 square feet (96 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a cruise ship terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
A very clean, friendly place to visit. Meals were good, as was the location. I enjoyed my visit and will stay there again. Highly recommended. Very friendly staff. I enjoyed sight seeing, the plazas, museums and shopping areas. Met a lot of nice people.
Few things to mention:
- Transportation. Arrived at 1am at San Jose airport and did NOT want to attempt to drive in San Jose at night, half sleepy, not knowing the roads. So I emailed ahead of my reservation, and Pablo, the best hotel concierge (!!!) hooked us up and gave me a piece of mind in coordinating a pickup for us. $30 US, 2 ppl, and they had someone with a sign waiting for us.
- activities. Also booked that with Pablo ahead of time and he was such a great person to deal with when we arrived. Super friendly and very welcoming and so helpful.
- downtown. Walked from then hotel (during daylight) to downtown, saw all the museums, walked the main shoooing street etc and walked back to the hotel. I agree, isn’t the “best” area, but I didn’t feel unsafe either. At night, maybe not a good walk, but during the day, seemed just fine. No one bothered me. I did NOT carry a purse, and had a non-visible hip belt with my money under my shirt.
- hotel room.
At 4th floor, the executive floor. Room was nice, bed super comfy. Carpet had a few carpet burns, could have been upgraded at some point but rest of the room was great. Shower with super big shower head and great waterpressure!
- restaurant on site.
Didn’t feel too safe to walk downtown at night so had dinner at the in hotel restaurant. Was great for me!! Super friendly service! No complaints.
- outside hot tub and pool. Hot tub way too hot and Poole water was too cold. So both did not work for me but others were in it.
Good selection of buffet. Selection switches up a bit daily. Lots of fresh fruits too. Very good!
Overall great stay, especially for the $’s we paid!!!. $87/night thru hotels.com.
Oh, and took an Uber back to SJO airport, 12$. And we hit quite some traffic going there. Our driver was friendly and used Waze to maneuver thru traffic.
1. The hotel charged us $15 for a $4 cab ride, told us they didn't have a meter and would not print us a receipt for reimbursement. TWICE. When I demanded to talk to the manager, she told us that they would review the situation and call us in our room. No one ever called and we never received a receipt. We subsequently began to call our own cabs instead of using the hotel cab (a van with a broken window with cardboard taped over it).
2. The hotel accused us of smoking in the room and said that they would charge us a $200 cleaning fee. Neither of us have ever smoked. We had to argue twice with the front desk persons not to charge us. The front desk person said that the manager was not available and that they would call us. No one ever called us.
3. We asked for a king size bed but when the front desk person saw two men together, he automatically switched our room to one with 2 queen size beds. Awkward and insulting.
I will never stay in a Radisson again.