Ixian All Suites
What We Love
- A heavenly five-star, adults-only hotel in Rhodes, with an optional private pool Spreading out like a Greek god or goddess in your capacious room (or private pool, should you choose to stay in that room type)
- Renting a car to experience the medieval city of Rhodes and take in the breathtaking panoramic views from Mount Filerimos
- Sipping sea-inspired cocktails and sampling savory Greek snacks while looking out over the azure Aegean Sea
What To Know
- Suites come with either a private pool, garden terrace, or Aegean Sea views
- Rhodes Beach is about 3 miles away
- Free WiFi works well
If it’s a swish sunny getaway with a spot of culture you’re after, then the five-star Ixian All Suites beach resort on the west coast of Rhodes ticks all the boxes. Adjacent to Ixia beach and the crystal waters of the Aegean Sea, this adults-only hotel lies a short walk from the medieval city of Rhodes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Alongside the breathtaking views from the top of Mount Filerimos, both make an adventurous and exciting day out.
For some, the opportunity to soak up the sun by one of two pools, reinvigorate mind, body and soul in the spa, or sip sunset cocktails in the welcome breeze is a higher priority. With an outstanding choice of a la carte restaurant menus at the resort, some exclusive only to guests, you won’t be short of authentic culinary delights at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
How to Get There
The only word I kept hearing was 'sorry' 'sorry', the rooms were okay- apart from the sink being in the room thus water splashing everywhere causing a few slippages that could cause a very bad accident ( You heard it here first) Service at the restaurants was the worse I've had. Even for Greek standards this is not a 5*. How many times do I have to ask for a drink. more than 3 times and still didn't get it. Asked for an omelette- nothing for half an hour and made a complaint. Another guy asks for an omelette, and its ready in 5 minutes. Ask for an Iron, waiting 3 hours.
Treated very differently because of us being Asian. Its so obvious, and the hotel will try and pacify us, but far too late. Glad we spent everyday visiting Rhodes, where the people are genuinely decent. If your a vegetarian, stay away unless you like eating lettuce for dinner. Ideal place for anyone over 60. Receptionists and management were well mannered. Oh, and the spa/treatment facilities were out of order which was the whole point of going to this 'Hotel'
Me and my wife decided to do a little minimoon and go to Rhodes for some well deserved rest after the stress of our weeding.
We did some planning and fount that the ixian all suite is the way to go in terms of location, quality of rooms, spa and food and away we went!
The ixian all suite is a beautiful resort, very private, quite and with a beautiful private beach.
The first two nights we stayed at the room we ordered, a beautiful (huge!) suite with private pool on the ground floor(be sure to ask for the ground floor suite, I read a lot of reviews about people that didn't like the 1st floor)
the room was freaking amazing, huge bathroom, living room the size of my house and an almost private pool -
now comes the part with the two negatives I must stress:
1. The pool is not really a private pool, it's a huge pool with dividers, but you can pretty much dive for a second and end up in another persons pool/room. not that we we're gonna do freaky stuff at the pool, but I won't lie that it didn't bummed me that I didn't have the option ;)
2. and this is the real problem - NONE of the pools in the resort are heated. we were in October, 28 degrees outside which was hot at times, but the pools were frozen and in fact we didn't used them once the entire time we were there, it was really disappointing
the spa was amazing with great staff BUT almost no availability and the entire facilities weren't working so with no spa and no pools we felt a bit thrown off..
When we spoke about it to the manager she upgraded our suite to a beach front suite, the room is a bit bigger, the pool is super nice (frozen like the rest) and the sea view is beautiful
The food was the best part about our stay
be sure to book in advance for Degu7, a fix 7 course meal that was superb
the Alagoria restaurant which is for the suite guest is also very good and the dinners I spent there were delicious.
Breakfast is standard but also very good, they have some pretty good omelets
All and all we had a great time and I would recommend it to others, just maybe go around August for a better weather
Returned to a wet and windy UK 2 weeks ago after a fantastic holiday at this lovely resort. Two weeks of bliss in this super hotel. Made very welcome by the efficient and helpful reception staff. We had a lovely comfortable room, (All suites), very quiet at night, super food in the Alazonia restaurant with friendly staff which gave the restaurant a relaxed but charming vibe. Sadly some guests, (mostly young men) did not have the manners to respect the dress code - such a shame as the women by and large really made an effort. Local trips are good value if booked through reception. Good Shuttle bus was a useful service for a reasonable rate.. Plenty of sun beds and places in the shade too. Lovely pools and gardens. The whole place was kept beautifully clean and tidy by delightful housekeeping staff and gardeners. Really want to return one day soon.