One&Only Reethi Rah
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Sipping sunset cocktails at Fanditha and dining on melt-in-your-mouth sushi and sashimi at Tapasake
- Cruising the atoll on the resort’s dhoni, a traditional Maldivian sailboat
- Children of all ages are welcome (unusual in this honeymooner-heavy archipelago)
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Round-trip airport transfers by luxury yacht are approximately $452 per person
- The hotel has an annual maintenance program, carried out from May 15 through October 15
- The little extras are expensive, such as excursions, wine and bottles of water
- Don’t expect a Robinson Crusoe vibe; this resort is large and glamorous
- A green tax of $6 per person, per night, will be collected at the hotel from November 2015.
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Room Service
Set on one of the largest private islands in the North Malé Atoll, One&Only Reethi Rah has no fewer than 12 beaches, luxurious overwater villas and butler service. Wood and thatch villas are dotted among palm trees, and hammocks are suspended over the turquoise lagoon at this picture-postcard paradise, where the only transport options are golf buggies and bikes.
Bed and Bath
Rooms are sigh-inducing. Water Villas are palatial, with enormous wooden beds topped with 300-thread-count linens, spacious sitting rooms, separate dressing areas and private decks with giant hammocks suspended over the crystal clear lagoon; a top spot for sunbathing and stargazing. Beach Villas offer private beach access and large verandas with outdoor showers; bathrooms are vast, with sunken tubs and twin sinks.
For sunset cocktails and mezzes head to Fanditha, a sand-in-the-toes drinking hole with a super-laid-back vibe, chandeliers flickering in the trees and a DJ. Other dining options include Tapasake for candlelit sushi above the lagoon, glamorous Reethi restaurant and the intimate Chef’s Garden, where the dishes feature resort-grown ingredients. At the One&Only Spa by ESPA, the treatment rooms (individual thatch villas overlooking the ocean) are as relaxing as the massages. Don’t miss the Energy Equalizer, a signature treatment in which aromatherapy oils are liberally slathered and chakras are opened. There are plenty of water-based activities on-site, from water skiing to windsurfing, but the challenge here is to drag yourself away from your overwater villa.
How to Get There
The island and facilities are fantastic. The views and colours of the sea are magical. Staff and service is fantastic. The whole experience was magical and relaxing once again!
Great experience for the kids and lots to do! Swimming and snorkelling in the sea to jet skiing and water sports!
The arrival, experiences, food, activities were amazing. The staff was warm and welcoming
My children ate healthy meals every day and the facilities were spectacular.
Every one went out of their way to ensure that we where happy and well taken care of
Ambiance, options and attitude of people working at the hotel are brilliant. Food was a little underwhelming.
By no means was this a crappy place.
Service and standards at the One and Only are one of the best I've ever been to.
Can't put my finger on it. But not worth the USD 265 per person.