Al Wadi Desert, Ras Al Khaimah, A Ritz-Carlton Partner Hotel
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Complete privacy in the villas
- The fascinating and fun falconry show
- Invigorating Rainforest spa experience
- Supersized bathtubs and private pools
- Impeccable, friendly service and up-to-date amenities
What To Know
- All the villas are one-bedroom, so it’s not ideal for families
- Private tables atop the Saffron Tower needs to be booked weeks in advance
- This is a traditional Arab country, so women should be dressed modestly in common areas and local women should not be photographed while in native dress
- Shuttle service is available to the beach club, 20 minutes away
- Transfers to/from Dubai are about $136 per car, each way
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Banyan Tree Al Wadi in Ras Al Khaimah, you’ll be near the beach and within the region of Al Hamra Marina and Yacht Club and Iceland Water Park. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Dreamland and Umm Al Quwain Motor Racing Club.
Make yourself at home in one of the 101 air-conditioned rooms featuring private pools and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and bidets.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club and an indoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can get around on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 25 km.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, limo/town car service, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed as a family for a night at Ritz- Carlton RAK, Al Wadi Desert in the Al Khaimah tented Pool Villas. It is was an excellent stay , right from the welcome at the hotel lobby. The staff were very polite, courteous and obliging.
The Rainforest experience in the spa is something you wont come across anywhere and definitely not one to miss.
After a session of cycling (all villas have there on bicycles- we had geared ones!!) we went for the star gazing experience - Wilson our instructor at this was very knowledgeable and friendly. It was our first ever view of the Jupiter, Saturn's rings and the moon through the telescope at close quarters!! It was indeed brilliant.
The tented villa was amazing - the arrangement of the room, the sit out area, the bathrooms and the private pool were a treat! Great high speed internet!
We had a great dinner at the stakehouse- "Farm House"
No doubt a place, not to be missed whether you are a couple or a family.
We left yearning for more of the place. We are sure to go back in winter!!
1. One hour drive from Dubai
2. Approachable from city of RAK
3. Once in go for half board or full board package and manage either lunch or dinner or both
4. Driving to the city is as well possible as it’s just 15 mins
5. Food is perfect for either vegetarian or meat eaters
6. Service is high class in all the restaurants
7. By the time you end the trip you would remember few names for sure
8. Paid and free activities in the resort are worth participating
9. Bird watching is on top
10. You will spot oryx and few other animals
11. Prefer a villa with pool but all rooms rock
Behind the lines means behind the sand hills, dunes.
It is a wonderful place with wonderful people, an experience in the hottest August in the desert, 5 minutes by car from the highway!
All around outside and inside is part and is inspired by the Arabian Peninsula, construction, villas, culture and art.
You find chic restaurants and bars, villa with private pool.
Activities are in the day and in the night as possible. I was in a Camel Ride for 30 minutes around 18 hours and Feed the animals at 07:00 in the morning. You can ride horses, archery, camel caravan ... there is an Adventure club there.
Neha, Shubham, Dimple, Savaj, Amandeep are few names of the people that are there to support always and with what you need. The whole staff from the first phone contact with two days before to arrive and the resort staff that was there to meet us and after that to support us with accommodation, meals, trips, parking ... was very kind, friendly and professional. Where ever you are they explain what they are going to do and how. They tell about the 500 ha resort area, what is on the left and on the right, what animals they have, the possibilities to do this and that, and when it is the best time to explore what you wish.
The food in restaurants and bar was delicious. Very tasty, the Chef came to us and ... very kind of him to know that you enjoy your time and what you serve. He build a nice relationship for a few minutes, the same relation was with all the people that are involve in breakfast, lunch and dinner. They explain, they speak but without to bother you.
It is a luxury resort that offer a nice place to rest, quiet, birds are singing all day around you, Very relaxing.
Congratulation for all of you and to Ritz-Calton, too.