Rancho do Peixe
What We Love
- A welcome drink, daily breakfast, afternoon tea, a sunset drink are included in the Jetsetter rate
- The 22 private thatch-roofed bungalows are made from reclaimed wood and local carnauba straw; they start at a spacious 850 square feet and also feature hammocks
- The world-renowned kitesurfing school, Rancho do Kite
- The on-site restaurant serves heaping portions of traditional dishes using organic produce from the hotel garden
- The hotel is only seven miles from Jericoacoara National Park
What To Know
- Free WiFi
- Pets are permitted at no additional cost; there’s a weight limit of 20 pounds
- It’s worth splurging on a Beach Bungalow for uninterrupted ocean views
- There’s no air conditioning, but open windows let in cooling sea breezes
- Green initiatives include a recycling program and awareness programs
Situated on a 50-acre coconut farm, the 22 bungalows of Rancho do Peixe offer guests outdoor showers, private decks and hammocks perfect for lazing. The bungalows are raised on stilts and made from reclaimed wood and local carnauba straw. The four-poster beds have gauzy canopies, floral print headboards and throw pillows in fuchsia, shamrock-green and tangerine. The restaurant serves traditional northeastern Brazilian cuisine alongside international favorites, with many dishes making use of local fruit and vegetables from the hotel’s organic garden. Overlooking the beach, the Luma spa offers relaxing massages and cleansing skin treatments. However, the real draw is the Rancho do Kite kitesurfing school, which offers courses lasting from one to three days that will have you flying over the waves in no time.
In the Area
Rancho do Peixe offers free transportation daily to sister property Vila Kalango, in the nearby fishing village of Jericoacoara, where you can learn to windsurf at the hotel’s Ticowind School. In addition, Jericoacoara is home to award-winning restaurants and reggae-infused nightclubs if you need to get back to civilization for a night. Watching the sunset from the aptly named Sunset Dune is not to be missed, but if you’re looking for something more active, you can saddle up and explore the dunes, coconut groves and lagoons on horseback. Rancho do Peixe can also arrange tours of other surrounding villages, nearby lagoons and Jericoacoara National Park.
How to Get There
beautiful location. good rooms. problem was a bar close by the hotel that played extremely loud music until 3-4 am and it was impossible to sleep. staff is very very slow as well, even though they are friendly. food was good but expensive.
Rancho do Peixe is located at PREA BEACH. It a huge place with many bungalows that integrate with nature. The bungalow is spacious and private. Prea beach is a special place for practicing kitesurf, windsurf, etc. The restaurant has a delicious kind of seafood. Rancho do Peixe Pousada has a wonderful swimming pool when you don't want to go to the beach and want to relax.
picture yourself on a perfect spot for kitesurf or just a real native beach village.
about 30 min from the famous Jericoacoara by buggie or the international airport, this is a breathtaking place to stay or to at least enjoy a wonderful meal.
freshly cooked fish, local ingredients topped by a gentle and efficient service makes the visit a spetacular experience.
yes, to practice kite needs a lot of wind. Windy place .