Dune Eco village and Spa
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Dune Eco village and Spa in Manjakuppam, you’ll be by the ocean and within the vicinity of Auroville. This spa hotel is within the region of Sri Aurobindo Ashram and Raj Niwas.
Make yourself at home in one of the 48 guestrooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Bathrooms feature bathtubs or showers, designer toiletries, and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and body treatments. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We opted for an AC room., they gave us courtyard rooms.
1. Super huge rooms., FYI, we played shuttle in the room .., and they have a very different antique feel to them. Kids ll definitely enjoy this place. The furniture and walls will be very different from the routine. Dark floors and yet impressive. Also super huge bathrooms.
2. They have lots of outdoor and limited indoor activities to spend your time. There is a shuttle court. You can ask the reception for the net and bats. They provide cycles for transport within the dune. They have table tennis, DVD's, books, balloon shooting, chess, organic farm, and cattle, etc. The hot weather makes outdoor games a dream though.
1. The restaurant is the biggest minus. Too many houseflies at the breakfast area. Found one in their homemade jam. The food is great, but the hygiene sucks. Given the food to be organic, it is quite expensive. Be careful with the food here especially if you have kids.
2. The swimming pool is so damn small.
3. There were small bugs in the bathroom. Since the floor of the bathroom is black in color, be cautious especially if you have kids.
I first visited Dunes in December 2012. I stayed in baywatch house, an eco hut and overall experience was good.
Last week, couple of my friends and I decided to visit Dunes along with our families. We were excited. But everything got crushed after experiencing worst service.
A) first night I stayed in karaikudi cottage. The bed was too small. Not enough for two adults. Smaller than a queen side bed. My daughter (9) and wife slept on the bed, I slept on the extra bed on the floor. They don’t have a foldable cot which all available in all premium properties
B) toilets don’t have dental kit, moisturiser, comb or a hair dryer
C) Dunes is a beach resort but doesn’t have sea food. They don’t even have ice creams. plus you don’t serve a slice cucumber along with soup.
D) an army of flies and lizard will welcome you in the open garden restaurant. When I objected to this unhygienic flies all around the restaurant the manager smiled and said it’s eco-village so flies all around. Shameless fellow doesn’t know that these flies travel from the beach where open defecation is practiced. It’s a serous health n hygiene issue. No one pays a premium to feast with flies.
E) taste of food is no palatable. It’s horrible. Doesn’t make sense to pay bomb for a plate of biryani which has boiled rice. All food items are too expensive (more costly than Rahul Bose’s two bananas at Marriott). 3 bottles of kinley costs 228/- ONLY.
F) they don’t train their staffs in the restaurant hence service in the restaurant is ‘better not to speak’
G) second day we stayed in courtyard. The rooms are big and resembles a warehouse. The toilet walls painted in black this making it too dark and horror.
F) when I asked has the management of the property changed since 2012, I was told, NO. This shows the quality has really deteriorated.
Why should one pay 10k per night for a lousy service and poorly maintained property. It’s high time to introspect n improve.
Attaching few photos for reference.
We booked this property in last min through Trivago. It is located near to Puducherry. Food is very expensive however you have option of having food @ out side restaurants at Puducherry. ( approx 5km distance between Dune Eco Village spa to Puducherry). Most of Rooms doesn't have AC and Television facilities. They will provide transportation between room to reception. Main Swimming Pool was under maintenance , no idea whether it will be always 'Under Maintencae' because we chosen this property after viewing of Resort Website. Private beach access available which plus point.