Dune Eco village and Spa
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Dune Eco village and Spa in Manjakuppam, you’ll be by the ocean and within the vicinity of Auroville. This spa hotel is within the region of Sri Aurobindo Ashram and Raj Niwas.
Make yourself at home in one of the 48 guestrooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Bathrooms feature bathtubs or showers, designer toiletries, and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and body treatments. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This was our 2nd visit to Dune. The overall experience was a mixed bag. There is a visible change in the property with quite a few parameters which have gone down and that’s the reason that the ratings have gone down. Sunil and team, you guys need to pull up your socks to take this property back to it’s glorious past. We had a great time even though as mentioned above our experience could have been better. Guess with the additional new hotels being added to the brand the older properties are being neglected.
This resort is overpriced and nothing in this resort impressed me. In the name of eco friendly the property is not well maintained. Their food was average and had too many house fly, it literally fell into my coffee.Their breakfast spread was very basic.
Room was weird with very small bed on a cement slab (probably that is being eco friendly), bathroom with cement flooring and sink. They don't even provide lotion.
Pool was very small and again made out of cement. Good part was, there was no chlorine smell.
Beach was clean but bit steep and dangerous. Resort does not have any life guard near the beach and they don't even provide shade or chairs. You have walk at least 10 mins to beach without any shade. But beach is clean and private.
The resort is far from Pondicherry.
Rooms do not have cable connection and you have rent DVD, but they hardly have any god movies.
Overall not a great experience, but it is a wide spread property and you can have bit of nature time roaming around in their plantation.
Started as a good concept but maintenance is pathetic .
We stayed in the best suite ,a granite room with a unique stone pillar and roof ( temple kind ) structure . But negatives
- lighting is bad in the room which in the night are very dark
- No tea coffee maker in the room and they have priced their basic tea and coffee at high rates . Iam yet to come across any star hotels that do not provide tea coffee maker in the room
- Reception itself had a large uruli with stagnant water which seemed to have not been changed for months and uruli may have never been cleaned . It had dirty water and mosquito larvae floating in it . When complained to reception they gave excuses like its bout to be cleaned and water is from yesterday’s rain ( the uruli is in a closed space !!!!)
- Under name of eco village they have chosen not to build/ pave any walking areas .. which are all muddy tracks once it rains ..
- also no maintenance of the green areas or plants which look wild and unkempt
- Ponds with stagnant dirty water
- They insist that you have to pay the room charges the moment you check in .!! Yet to see this is in India in any star hotel ..and every tea coffee order to be settled in cash like a chai shop !!!
- The recliner cushions in the space outside were wet due to rains .. asked to change and was told they don’t have extra !
- They have “buggies “to Transport within the premises .which are actually run down Maruti onmi vehicles ..
- TV in room but no cable connection .. they provide DVD player in rooms apparently
- None of the charging points work in the room
- breakfast was sad with rain water splashing on it