Apulit Island Resort
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
Located in Apulit Island, Apulit Island Resort is on the boardwalk and minutes from Apulit Beach and Apulit Port. This 4-star resort is within the region of Taytay Port and Fort Isabel.
Make yourself at home in one of the 50 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Your bed comes with down comforters, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax and unwind with massages and body treatments. After a day at the private beach, you can enjoy other recreational amenities, which include an outdoor pool. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and an arcade/game room.
Food & Drink
Satisfy your appetite at the resort’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a beach bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary at scheduled times.
How to Get There
After staying at another of El Nido Resorts’ and being disappointed in June I was wary of staying at another. Following my feedback I had been assured that my experience would be better so I decided to try Apulit Island for a long weekend break in July. As described by other reviewers getting to the island from Manila included a short flight, a rather interesting 90 minute private bus transfer (the drivers should really slow down a little and think more of the safety of the passengers) and a 60 minute boat transfer from Tay Tay all accompanied by a representative of the resort and security. You check your luggage with Airswift and they are delivered to your room on the island - a nice touch. So did Apulit Island live up to expectations, it definitely did but why is really a combination of factors which I will try and explain here:
1. Its half the cost of some of the other properties in the group so expectations were lower.
2. Its full board and whilst the buffet style food may not be to everyone’s taste I found the chefs more than willing to accommodate any requests with a smile and I personally found plenty to eat at each meal and of good quality.
3. The layout of the resort was good and there were plenty of activities to partake in and those conducting the activities did so with enthusiasm.
4. All the staff demonstrated a willingness to help and were very friendly.
5. The location is stunning and whilst certain aspects of the resort were a little tired around the edges I think I was more forgiving because my expectations were lower and it had a much better feel about it, a better ambiance which is created by the points stated above and also many other small things. It felt comfortable and relaxed, whilst a strange analogy it was like putting on comfy clothes after a hard day at the office.
6. Management were presented and engaged, met guests on arrival, departure and were visible throughout.
Due to the above I decided when there in July to book a four day break in August which I then extended to six days whilst in resort during which we were again well looked after by everyone at the resort and thank them for doing so. We spent time diving with the local DM, Bon who I can’t recommend enough, snorkelled and dived with blacktip sharks and turtles, swam, canoed around the island, explored the caves, climbed and rappelled, sunrise and sunset cruises, chilled, enjoyed the extended happy hour each day, private dined on the beach (thank you James for the delicious food), beach bbq with local entertainment and ultimately had a thoroughly enjoyable time. I can happily recommend Appulit Island and look forward to revisiting again at some point in the future and thank the team at Apulit for making an enjoyable holiday.
Loved my stay at Apulit island resort. Every single one of the staff was friendly and helpful. unfortunately the weather was not very nice and I regret not taking full advantage of the activities offered by the resort, but even in the pouring rain, the atmosphere was chill and easy going. The selection of food was really great and the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. I would recommend it.
I am thankful to have the opportunity to have spent 3 wonderful days with my colleagues in this beautiful island. Apulit, by far is on the top of my list as my ultimate island getaway destination. there are a lot of activities to do such us diving, snorkeling, kayaking, nature walk, rock climbing, hiking, rappelling, cliff diving to sunrise and sunset cruise and more. I am also grateful to have been welcomed by the friendly staff. Special thanks to Avery, our guide, Vito, our environment guru, to Ms. Edelyn and all of the staff for our unforgettable stay. 3 days surely was not enough. I would definitely go back.