Vivanta by Taj – President, Mumbai
What We Love
- Located in the upscale Cuff Parade neighborhood, close to South Mumbai's main business district
- A choice of five restaurants in the lobby Food Zone
- Rooms look out over the Arabian Sea or the Mumbai skyline
- You can challenge the hotel’s mixologists in regular cocktail competitions
What To Know
- Free WiFi for up to two devices
- The fitness center, business center and the Italian trattoria are open 24 hours
- The Jiva Spa features a hammam, a sauna and tropical showers
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Bed down in Mumbai’s posh Cuff Parade, a well-to-do residential neighborhood just a few minutes from South Mumbai’s main business district. Guestrooms (a minimum of 265 square feet) cater to business travelers with ergonomic desks and designer chairs, but the style isn’t completely buttoned up. Indian wooden antiques, abstract wall art and bright blue tapestries add character, while ayurvedic toiletries by Forest Essentials, fluffy cotton robes and a pillow menu make it easy to refresh after a long-haul flight. You could easily spend the whole day eating at the property: Konkan serves coconut-rich curries, Thai Pavillion offers raw papaya salad and crispy soft-shell crab, and Trattoria offers antipasti and pizzas — and a chocolate fountain for dessert. Sidle up to the glass bar at Wink for a nightcap; the martinis are mixed with fresh veggies, fruits and herbs.
In the Area
Mumbai can be an assault on the senses, but the hotel makes it easy for visitors to orient themselves in this dizzying city. Ask to arrange a guided art walk through the galleries of South Mumbai, or take in the sights via a horse-drawn carriage ride in the evening. Bargain hunters should visit the 150-year-old Chor Bazaar (the name means “thieves market”), famous for its antiques and vintage treasures; a personal shopper will help you nail down the best prices.