Taj Mahal Tower, Mumbai
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included when booking the Taj Club City, Taj Club Sea and Executive Suite; depending on the room booked, other perks include free drinks in the lounge and a one-way airport transfer
- The history and majesty of India’s grande dame — where the service is truly an art form
- Location on the harbor, overlooking the iconic Gateway of India
- The innovative menu at Wasabi by Morimoto, one of 11 on-site restaurants and bars
- The rooftop Mediterranean restaurant
What To Know
- Like in all Mumbai hotels, expect tight security
- WiFi is an additional cost of $18 per day
- Tech-savvy travelers will revel in the on-demand movies and amenities like a portable keyboard
- The 560 rooms are divided between the historic Palace (Theme Suites, Executive Suites, Taj Club Rooms and Luxury Grande Rooms) and the Tower (Superior and Deluxe Rooms)
- Palace rooms have more ambience; Tower rooms are newer
- The spa is surprisingly affordable
- Some rooms allow smoking
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai is in the heart of Mumbai, walking distance from Gateway of India and National Gallery of Modern Art. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 560 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and DVD players. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s 10 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Excellent experience, a must for every one, the staff over here is excellent and makes you feel really at home. They also surprise us with many wow moments and make the stay a memorable one. I celebrated my daughters birthday and that was a wonderful moment.
My mother visited a 5 star (first time ) and I am glad that it was Taj she had tears in her eyes
The venue is of course majestic. Very well maintained in full glory it allows the visitor to travel back in time ...
Definitely worth a visit.
The staff is very attentive and courteous.
The only question would be in terms of value for money between the Tower and the Palace wing...
Opulent but charming, service impeccable. We all hated to leave and agreed we would go back to India just to stay at the Taj Palace. Restaurants and shops to suit everyone’s taste and wallet. It is worth every rupee.