Taj Mahal Tower, Mumbai
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included when booking the Taj Club City, Taj Club Sea and Executive Suite; depending on the room booked, other perks include free drinks in the lounge and a one-way airport transfer
- The history and majesty of India’s grande dame — where the service is truly an art form
- Location on the harbor, overlooking the iconic Gateway of India
- The innovative menu at Wasabi by Morimoto, one of 11 on-site restaurants and bars
- The rooftop Mediterranean restaurant
What To Know
- Like in all Mumbai hotels, expect tight security
- WiFi is an additional cost of $18 per day
- Tech-savvy travelers will revel in the on-demand movies and amenities like a portable keyboard
- The 560 rooms are divided between the historic Palace (Theme Suites, Executive Suites, Taj Club Rooms and Luxury Grande Rooms) and the Tower (Superior and Deluxe Rooms)
- Palace rooms have more ambience; Tower rooms are newer
- The spa is surprisingly affordable
- Some rooms allow smoking
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai is in the heart of Mumbai, walking distance from Gateway of India and National Gallery of Modern Art. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 560 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and DVD players. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s 10 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This was my first short visit to this property and found great hospitality ... will come again with family . Every thing was superb.property is just opposite of India gate and sea facing.. I love to stay with Taj properties
From initial welcome to morning of departure we experienced superlative service from all members of staff. Club level is good value with afternoon tea including hot food. In the evening happy hour from 6 to 7:30 again includes hot food with canapes and good selection of alcoholic drinks.
Breakfast in the main restaurant consists of a wide variety of hot and cold foods to suit all tastes.
Swimming pool can get busy in the afternoon but plenty of. vacant sunbeds in the morning - no reserving with towels allowed as unattended towels on sunbeds removed after 20 mins. Pool staff very attentive and provide cold water throughout the day.
This was not our first visit and we are returning late December to further enjoy yet another stay at the Taj.
Wonderful stay at the Palace!!
Every detail was excellent - simply cant understand the tiny handful of reviewers that give this place only one star - bizarre!! Unrivalled piece of history for India with the Brits leaving through the Gate of India back in 1948. High tea was quaint and fun in the Sea Lounge starting from 3.30pm. Some good shops although I had some shirts made up in <24 hours by Kings just round the back of the hotel - the tailor and owner Sunny was fantastic and recommend him. Tour of the hotel was good and nothing seemed too much trouble - well done to the GM and I believe about his 2000 staff!!!