Hotel Parador Resort And Spa
What We Love
- Free breakfast buffet includes gallo pinto (rice, lizano salsa, peppers and eggs cooked to order) and fresh tropical fruit
- The Europe-meets-tropics concept: footpaths lined with wild jungle flora and Greek statues
- Vista Suites in the newest La Suites building have balconies with Jacuzzis and panoramic ocean views
- The resort runs its own wildlife tours — look out for sloths and iguanas, birds and frogs
- There are three pools, including a daytime swim-up bar
- Biesanz Beach is only a 10-minute hike away, on a trail by the resort
- Rooms have all the modern comforts: pillowtop mattresses, 42-inch plasma TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers and safe deposit boxes
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Vista Suites, an infinity pool, a restaurant and a couple of elevators were added in 2010 to create a self-contained oceanfront complex
- Taxi drivers have a special price guide for rides to/from the Parador, which cost a minimum of $10
- The resort is relatively quiet in the evenings
- The on-site spa offers a wide variety of treatments, but be sure to book appointments in advance
- There’s a gym, a tennis court and a mini-golf course on the property, and clubs, rackets and balls are available at no charge
- During the high season (January to April) Manuel Antonio National Park and its four beaches can get crowded and hot
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hotel Parador Resort And Spa in Manuel Antonio, you’ll be near the beach and minutes from Biesanz Beach and La Playita. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge and ADR Adventure Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 119 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Just returned from out trip to Costa Rica and were very pleased with our stay at Parador. Originally we had booked a standard room. However, after check in, it turned out that there was a problem with our room, and to compensate for the inconvenience, we were upgraded the next day to a premium room with a terrace and an amazing view. The staff were extremely accommodating to ensure that our stay was enjoyable.
Our breakfast was included and it was excellent. We tried their main restaurant Galleria but found it average and overpriced. We did enjoy lunch at La Fragata and had several dinners at Don Juan bar which were great - the desserts were amazing!
The hotel property is absolutely beautiful - we saw scarlet macaws, monkeys, and even a sloth.
There is a small and nice beach nearby. You can grab the beach towels at the reception and ask for a two-minute ride to the path that leads you to the beach. On the beach you can rent chairs and umbrellas. We used the hotel free shuttle to go into town for lunch and to the town beach which is much bigger. The surf at the town beach was very strong so we preferred our nearby beach instead.
Standard garden view rooms and especially bathrooms are definitely on a smaller side, especially for 4 people. Splurge, if you can, for a premium room as the ocean views are amazing. If getting a standard room, request a second floor or above.
The wifi was not great but it was nice to unplug anyway!
Would definitely stay at Parador again.
My wife and I had an amazing stay at Parador. From our airport pickup by a resort driver in San Jose to return drop off, EVERYthing was fantastic. The staff was always kind and helpful, they have their own wildlife/monkey trails on site, and all ~5 of the restaurants onsite were delicious - both the food and drinks. And they have their own tour desk and 4 different pool areas!
Could not recommend this place more. We looked around at other options but we were 100% satisfied with our stay at Parador and hope to return in the future.
This place was amazing! Right from the hotel, you can see frogs, 3 different species of monkeys, sloths, Makaws, and toucans.
The staff was friendly and learned my name after meeting me once. They had a great happy hour and live music. It was an amazing place! Highly recommend the spa, too. It was expensive but I had a wonderful massage!
I stayed at the Parador Resort and Spa for four nights in June, 2019. If you need a place to relax and get away for a while, this is the place to go. The hotel is clean, the staff members are attentive, and the food is delicious. The grounds are well-maintained and the pools are clean. My only recommendation would be to create an accessible pathway to the beach. Biesanz Beach is a beautiful place to visit; however, it is not easy to get to. I'd like to thank all the staff who took care of my every need during my stay.
Room: Very comfortable bed, clean, A/C works well, and a nice bathroom
Food: Buffet Breakfast delicious. Great selection of juices, eggs, breads, yogurts.
Pools: Beautiful view and very nice temperature.
Staff: Extremely nice, helpful, and welcoming. There were so many that I think are great.