Hotel Parador Resort And Spa
What We Love
- Free breakfast buffet includes gallo pinto (rice, lizano salsa, peppers and eggs cooked to order) and fresh tropical fruit
- The Europe-meets-tropics concept: footpaths lined with wild jungle flora and Greek statues
- Vista Suites in the newest La Suites building have balconies with Jacuzzis and panoramic ocean views
- The resort runs its own wildlife tours — look out for sloths and iguanas, birds and frogs
- There are three pools, including a daytime swim-up bar
- Biesanz Beach is only a 10-minute hike away, on a trail by the resort
- Rooms have all the modern comforts: pillowtop mattresses, 42-inch plasma TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers and safe deposit boxes
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Vista Suites, an infinity pool, a restaurant and a couple of elevators were added in 2010 to create a self-contained oceanfront complex
- Taxi drivers have a special price guide for rides to/from the Parador, which cost a minimum of $10
- The resort is relatively quiet in the evenings
- The on-site spa offers a wide variety of treatments, but be sure to book appointments in advance
- There’s a gym, a tennis court and a mini-golf course on the property, and clubs, rackets and balls are available at no charge
- During the high season (January to April) Manuel Antonio National Park and its four beaches can get crowded and hot
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hotel Parador Resort And Spa in Manuel Antonio, you’ll be near the beach and minutes from Biesanz Beach and La Playita. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge and ADR Adventure Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 119 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
3 girls in our late twenties traveling from Houston, Texas for our annual girls trip! We loved the Parador! The vibe is very welcoming. We loved the breakfast buffet & ate at the restaurant twice for dinner. Location has beautiful views but isn't necessarily walking distance to anything around unless you're up to a hot walk with lots of incline & twists & turns! Cabs are easy to get and super cheap though. Nice staff, good food & drinks, clean pools, beautiful views! Make sure to also hike the monkey trail for lots of monkeys and even more beautiful views! Thanks Parador!
Really great hotel - we loved everything! The personnel is wonderful, the breakfast is delicious, pools - fabulous, spa center- great. I didn't like the Biesanz beach, but go to Manuel Antonio beach with the free shuttle from the hotel. We will come back in a heartbeat.
Our visit was in the rainy season. In other words, they were slow. Half the restaurants were closed and the remaining ones were overpriced. The inattentive staff attitude didn't match the hotel image of a century old villa type resort they put so much money into creating.