Hotel Parador Resort And Spa
What We Love
- Free breakfast buffet includes gallo pinto (rice, lizano salsa, peppers and eggs cooked to order) and fresh tropical fruit
- The Europe-meets-tropics concept: footpaths lined with wild jungle flora and Greek statues
- Vista Suites in the newest La Suites building have balconies with Jacuzzis and panoramic ocean views
- The resort runs its own wildlife tours — look out for sloths and iguanas, birds and frogs
- There are three pools, including a daytime swim-up bar
- Biesanz Beach is only a 10-minute hike away, on a trail by the resort
- Rooms have all the modern comforts: pillowtop mattresses, 42-inch plasma TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers and safe deposit boxes
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Vista Suites, an infinity pool, a restaurant and a couple of elevators were added in 2010 to create a self-contained oceanfront complex
- Taxi drivers have a special price guide for rides to/from the Parador, which cost a minimum of $10
- The resort is relatively quiet in the evenings
- The on-site spa offers a wide variety of treatments, but be sure to book appointments in advance
- There’s a gym, a tennis court and a mini-golf course on the property, and clubs, rackets and balls are available at no charge
- During the high season (January to April) Manuel Antonio National Park and its four beaches can get crowded and hot
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hotel Parador Resort And Spa in Manuel Antonio, you’ll be near the beach and minutes from Biesanz Beach and La Playita. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge and ADR Adventure Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 119 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Hotel was beautiful and we loved the wildlife! The view from the hotel pool was AMAZING. Staff was super friendly and accommodated all of our requests, answered questions as well get taxi's for us when we needed them. We traveled with another family and for a hotel with young children...ours ranged in ages from 11-4, the hotel was perfect. Lots of areas to walk and explore and look at nature and wildlife. Monkeys were super active in the morning and the kids loved watching them. Breakfast was amazing, lots of different options and a great selection. We never ate lunch there since we were often off-site, but we did have dinner there one night and it was ok. Service was a little slow. Our only complaint was I felt the family pool (they also have an adult pool) closed too early as well as the swim up bar. We would go on our excursions, come back hot and sweaty from being out all day and would have loved to be able to jump in the pool or let the kids swim, but it was closed when we returned. The swim up bar closed even earlier then the pool making us often feel rushed to order drinks if we did make it to the pool in time later in the day to swim.
This hotel has a range of rooms but those with a sea view are recommended. The site has its own resident sloths who sleep in their Mango Trees. It is also possible to spot lots of birds, iguanas and monkeys on their 1km nature trail. The restaurant and the service are very good as you find in most of Costa Rica. It is a bit of a trek to the beach but with 3 swimming pools to choose from this is not a problem.
A magnificent view from both sides of this wonderfully situated hotel. The hotel's décor was magnificent, lots of history to admire. We woke up to macaws soaring across the seascape, followed by a chorus of birds, warm, with a lovely sea breeze. Just what we needed. The room was airy, clean and comfortable. I would definitely return, and spend more time exploring the local life.
The hotel was very comfortable and the staff very accommodating. We loved the paths on the grounds and all the animal life. Sometimes the service in the restaurant was slow, but if you are not in a rush, that doesn't matter. The food is good, the views are beautiful.
I traveled solo for the first time ever and stayed at this resort for a few days at the tail end of my trip. The property is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, with amazing pools & views. I also visited the spa and had an incredible massage, highly recommend. The staff was nothing short of incredible and made the entire experience that much more enjoyable - most notably Jordan, Gustavo & Alfonso. Jordan took every measure to ensure I was taken care of, even when I had a small emergency. He greeted me with nothing but smiles each time I passed by and helped me with anything I needed. Having spent most of my time at the pool, Gustavo & Alfonso were the best poolside bartenders I could have asked for! They were attentive, personable, and went the extra mile. Add the 5 minute walk to Biesanz Beach to the equation, and you have a customer who will absolutely be back.