Hotel Parador Resort And Spa
What We Love
- Free breakfast buffet includes gallo pinto (rice, lizano salsa, peppers and eggs cooked to order) and fresh tropical fruit
- The Europe-meets-tropics concept: footpaths lined with wild jungle flora and Greek statues
- Vista Suites in the newest La Suites building have balconies with Jacuzzis and panoramic ocean views
- The resort runs its own wildlife tours — look out for sloths and iguanas, birds and frogs
- There are three pools, including a daytime swim-up bar
- Biesanz Beach is only a 10-minute hike away, on a trail by the resort
- Rooms have all the modern comforts: pillowtop mattresses, 42-inch plasma TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers and safe deposit boxes
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Vista Suites, an infinity pool, a restaurant and a couple of elevators were added in 2010 to create a self-contained oceanfront complex
- Taxi drivers have a special price guide for rides to/from the Parador, which cost a minimum of $10
- The resort is relatively quiet in the evenings
- The on-site spa offers a wide variety of treatments, but be sure to book appointments in advance
- There’s a gym, a tennis court and a mini-golf course on the property, and clubs, rackets and balls are available at no charge
- During the high season (January to April) Manuel Antonio National Park and its four beaches can get crowded and hot
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hotel Parador Resort And Spa in Manuel Antonio, you’ll be near the beach and minutes from Biesanz Beach and La Playita. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge and ADR Adventure Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 119 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My sisters and I decided to take our first vacation together since we were children to Costa Rica. Through more than a little research we landed on the Parador Resort in Manuel Antonio hopeful for an amazing experience. Parador more than exceeded our expectations. The staff was beyond helpful and friendly - shout out to Adriana and Christian who provided not only excellent dining service but friendly conversation and local tips/tricks, our naturalist guide Elias who took us on our tour of the national park as well as a nighttime tour on the grounds of the hotel - not only full of information on the wildlife but also just a funny guy all around, and the hotel management (including Yulianna), who upgraded us to a suite upon arrival followed by the hotel penthouse when our room key failed to work a couple of times. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly, helped us navigate the area, tours, and learn a little of the language in a relaxed and beautiful environment. The food and drink was delicious, the view breathtaking, and the hotel rooms clean and welcoming. Thank you for such a beautiful experience - we can't wait to visit again!!
Beautiful resort set above the pacific in the jungle. Saw a whale breach while eating breakfast one morning. Drank a beer in the pool hanging with flash the sloth. Walking the monkey trail was a nice start to the day after the amazing breakfast. Can’t wait to go back. Oh and the staff are fantastic as well.
We had upgraded to vista suits in the hotel and it was really wonderful! The room is big and the jacuzzi in the balcony was superb!!
The views from the room are great.
Breakfast is good , dinner less..
Spa and pools -very good!!