Hotel Parador Resort And Spa
What We Love
- Free breakfast buffet includes gallo pinto (rice, lizano salsa, peppers and eggs cooked to order) and fresh tropical fruit
- The Europe-meets-tropics concept: footpaths lined with wild jungle flora and Greek statues
- Vista Suites in the newest La Suites building have balconies with Jacuzzis and panoramic ocean views
- The resort runs its own wildlife tours — look out for sloths and iguanas, birds and frogs
- There are three pools, including a daytime swim-up bar
- Biesanz Beach is only a 10-minute hike away, on a trail by the resort
- Rooms have all the modern comforts: pillowtop mattresses, 42-inch plasma TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers and safe deposit boxes
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Vista Suites, an infinity pool, a restaurant and a couple of elevators were added in 2010 to create a self-contained oceanfront complex
- Taxi drivers have a special price guide for rides to/from the Parador, which cost a minimum of $10
- The resort is relatively quiet in the evenings
- The on-site spa offers a wide variety of treatments, but be sure to book appointments in advance
- There’s a gym, a tennis court and a mini-golf course on the property, and clubs, rackets and balls are available at no charge
- During the high season (January to April) Manuel Antonio National Park and its four beaches can get crowded and hot
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hotel Parador Resort And Spa in Manuel Antonio, you’ll be near the beach and minutes from Biesanz Beach and La Playita. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Finca Naturales Wildlife Refuge and ADR Adventure Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 119 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We just ended a 3 night stay at Parador and I cannot say enough good things about our experience. First of all, the hotel and its setting overlooking the Paciic Ocean could not be more beautiful. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed and the hotel services unsurpassed. Every need is attended to quickly and professionally. We experienced one little glitch, when our in-room safe malfunctioned and couldn’t be opened, depriving me of my camera and sunglasses for our tour of Manuel Antonio Park. What was the hotel’s response- an upgrade to an incredible suite and a room service visit with a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries! I have never received such striving for customer satisfaction. The hotel itself provides everything a guest could want, several beautiful pools, a spa, tennis court, walking trails where one can see more wildlife than in the national parks, free shuttle service to Manuel Antonio Park and access to a delightful beach, just a golf court ride and fun path walk away. My only disappointment is that we did not have more time in this paradise. Thank you to all the terrific staff who cared for us during our stay- we hopefully will return soon. Pura Vida!
The quality of the room and bed was outstanding. And as for the room views... spectacular. The customer service was really very good also. Being able to sit in the bar and spot sloths, toucans and howler monkeys is unmatched compared to anywhere else we have been in the world.
Beautiful property and very well maintained, the staff is excellent and they surely go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. The view from the family pool is excellent and it is a perfect place to relax and unwind after long day going around in town of MA.
Our family returned from a trip to Manuel Antonio and a stay at Hotel Parador and we could not have been happier with our choice of hotel. Amazing hospitality at Parador. The front desk folks who check you in are amazingly friendly (they even gave the kids a cup of ice cream while we checked in). The breakfast daily is perfect! I especially recommend the detox juice (I've asked for the recipe, but haven't heard back yet). The rooms are nice, comfortable mattresses and amazing pillows (I'm a bit of a pillow snow and these were excellent). The wildlife on the grounds is amazing. Monkeys literally come up to your room windows. They're everywhere! The drive to the hotel is a bit of an adventure, but it's fine. The only thing I'd say they should do is warn you when you're going to the beach to wear hiking shoes and not flip flops. While it's true they give you a ride to the trail, the walking trail itself isn't an easy track in flip flops.
Our last hotel after a trip around Costa Rica, and we certainly saved the best for last. Great hotel with very friendly staff. Great food and facilities. Fragata Bar was a bar with the best view to watch the would go by