JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Three pools give families and couples their own swimming areas
- Ginja cooking classes sample the flavors and techniques of Pan-Asian cuisine
- Convenient location 10 miles from Phuket airport
What To Know
- The resort is kid-friendly, and has special offerings for couples
- No pets are permitted
- WiFi is extra
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Located on Mai Khao Beach with superb views of the Andaman Sea, the JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is full of Thai charm and personality, and its three expansive pools cater to kids and couples alike. Guestrooms have polished hardwood or tile floors, plush bedding and marble baths stocked with high-end toiletries, while suites have private Thai Salas and endless sea views. Of the property’s 11 dining and bar venues, Cucina has been touted as the spot for the country’s best Italian fare, serving palate-pleasing meals like handmade gnocchi pasta with braised lamb shank ragout, lemon skin and rosemary oil. Most restaurants and bars are open late, but 24-hour room service means midnight snacks are welcome, too. Don’t skip the top-rated Mandara Spa, where guests are pampered with treatments such as the “four hand” signature massage blending Japanese Shiatsu, Hawaiian Lomi-Lomi other techniques from Thailand, Sweden and Bali.
In the Area
Families will find plenty of onsite activities with circus and trapeze training, Batik painting, Thai dancing and movie screenings, while Thai Ginja cooking courses are a full-day diversion for all ages. Beyond the resort, Phuket ranks as a top snorkel and dive destination, so hit the water on a guided tour; your concierge can arrange a bespoke full- or half-day excursion. Among the must-sees, visit the Phi Phi Islands for a scenic photo-op, or check out the Similan Islands, one of Phuket’s best-known attractions. Phuket’s largest Buddhist temple, Wat Chalong, is also worth a visit, and nearby Patong Beach offers ample shopping and nightlife along a lively swath of shoreline.
How to Get There
Congratulations to the entire team here. From check in to check out, the service and energy of the entire team was above and beyond the expected. Will recommend this resort to anyone wishing to visit Phuket!
We have traveled all over the world, and this is one of my all-time favorite spots on the planet. We enjoyed a one night stay following our sailing trip around the Andaman Sea. We have stayed several times before over the past five years--and always come back, bringing friends and family with us. The customer service is absolutely excellent and I love the feel and decor. We are always warmly welcomed with cold tea and cool towels scented with lemongrass. We arrived early in the morning, and the staff was gracious enough to store our luggage while we enjoyed the pool until our room was ready. The rooms are large, extremely comfortable and beautifully designed. The beds, pillows, linens and towels are luxurious. The grounds are impeccably maintained and truly feel like paradise. Several large beautiful swimming pools, and many dining options. We particularly enjoyed the Siam Deli and Andaman Grill. The vibe and energy of this property is magical. I love how tranquil and peaceful it always feels. Truly a pleasure to conclude our holiday at the gorgeous location. Much gratitude for the hospitality.
We just got back from our stay at this hotel. We spent 3 amazing days here. The grounds are beautiful, although I’d say that I ran into roaches walking around the outside of the rooms and one time inside the Japanese restaurant. I figure given the open ambiance and the tropical setting it’s hard to control it 100%. The staff was fantastic, great food at all the restaurants we ate at, pristine beach and nice pools. The only other feedback is that my husband and I had massages at their spa, my treatment was fantastic inside a big room that I believe had a/c. My husband’s treatment on the other hand was incredibly warm to the point he was sweating and didn’t get to enjoy it as much.
Another point to bring up is that their head tennis instructor, Nash, is fantastic. He gave my son an hour lesson which my son left smiling from ear to ear. What an encouraging coach! He loved it.
Overall I’d give this property and its staff an A, instead of an A+ given the feedback above. If I could I’d go back in a heartbeat.
We stayed from the 18th to 23rd March, and were upgraded to the deluxe sea view room.
- Very large resort (3 pools, many many rooms)
- Nice day bed, can enjoy the view with the air conditioning
- Luscious gardens and ponds
- A lot of activities (e.g. Muay Thai classes, fish feeding, turtle feeding, fire show)
- Special activities for Platinum members (e.g. Cocktail events, wine tasting, cocktail class)
- Managers gave special attention to Platinum members (thanks Isaac and Jojo for taking care of us!)
- Buffet breakfast pretty good
- Rooms very dated (photos below, air cond outlet very dusty, fabric on robe and curtains very old, wardrobe handle actually fell off when the attendant opened it)
- Declined late check-out (even though Platinum members usually get up to 4pm)
- Service could be better (e.g. Asked for firmer pillows twice, and didn't get it till an hour later. Maybe it's because it's a large hotel...)
- Powerpoints quite inaccessible on both sides of bed, and not a universal plug
- Bathroom Powerpoint not suitable for shaver charging (unless you have a US plug)
We stayed here for about 24 hours after a dive boat trip and before we could fly out. The room was as expected, with plenty of space and comfortable. The resort is pretty spread out and a little confusing to navigate when you aren't there long so take the map or ask for directions.
We had dinner at the nice Thai restaurant on grounds and it was delicous. The grounds were well kept with pretty plantings.