What We Love
- An idyllic and historic countryside stay at a former rectory in Yorkshire, with breakfast and dinnerThe picturesque and secluded country setting
- Enjoying the good-old-fashioned grandeur of a four-poster bed
- Walking in the footsteps of David Bowie's bassist in the local village
- Treating yourself to a delicious afternoon tea with views over the countryside
What To Know
- The hotel has plenty of character but interiors could use a little updating
- The reception area has a log-burning fireplace
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
The former rectory to St Peter’s Church in Rowley, Rowley Manor is a Georgian Grade II-listed building with a history dating back to 1621. Explore museums, churches and the beautiful countryside from these stately surroundings.
Its rural location makes Rowley Manor a great base for long country walks over The Yorkshire Wolds. An area strewn with pretty villages and welcoming inns, your days can be spent meandering the lanes and sampling local ales before returning to your elegant lodgings – where afternoon teas, British fare and sophisticated furnishings await.
How to Get There
Had an overnight stay for our anniversary. Booked dinner, bed and breakfast package direct with the hotel. Lovely warm welcome from the young lady in reception and the bridal suite was gorgeous, huge and comfortable. The lad who served us in the bar and at dinner was also very charming, friendly and efficient. The food was good, with enough choice for most people. Slight gripe is that it’s only when you get there that you realise dinner (unspecified on the website and confirmation) is only two courses, and there are some dishes that are extra. Also breakfast (also unspecified) is just continental, cooked breakfast is quite a bit more.
One night stay with breakfast and evening meal, polite and friendly staff, room clean and airy, the breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and freshly cooked, lovely old building, will definitely be returning
The hotel and the staff who work there are wonderful, I have stayed 3 times now with a group of friends and with just myself and my partner and each time has been so relaxing and enjoyable. The food is delicious from breakfast to dinner.