What We Love
- An idyllic and historic countryside stay at a former rectory in Yorkshire, with breakfast and dinnerThe picturesque and secluded country setting
- Enjoying the good-old-fashioned grandeur of a four-poster bed
- Walking in the footsteps of David Bowie's bassist in the local village
- Treating yourself to a delicious afternoon tea with views over the countryside
What To Know
- The hotel has plenty of character but interiors could use a little updating
- The reception area has a log-burning fireplace
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
The former rectory to St Peter’s Church in Rowley, Rowley Manor is a Georgian Grade II-listed building with a history dating back to 1621. Explore museums, churches and the beautiful countryside from these stately surroundings.
Its rural location makes Rowley Manor a great base for long country walks over The Yorkshire Wolds. An area strewn with pretty villages and welcoming inns, your days can be spent meandering the lanes and sampling local ales before returning to your elegant lodgings – where afternoon teas, British fare and sophisticated furnishings await.