Golf du Medoc Hotel et Spa MGallery by Sofitel
What We Love
- You've got a choice between two top 18-hole golf courses
- La Table du Médoc's impressive list of Bordeaux wines
- The location: Golf du Médoc is surrounded by vineyards (yet just a 30-minute drive from Bordeaux)
What To Know
- You'll be better off renting a car; there's little to see within walking distance
- The hotel is popular with conference groups
- Pets are permitted at an additional cost of $20 per day
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
In northern Bordeaux, Golf du Médoc is a sprawling golf and spa retreat surrounded by the region’s famous vineyards. The low-rise resort is also surrounded by two 18-hole courses: Les Vignes, a challenging course set in maritime pine forest, and the lauded Chateaux course, where the fairways are lined with heather and each hole is named for a different vintage from the local wine producing area, Médoc. The 79 guestrooms are more comfortable than chic, with a griege color scheme, chunky leather-look headboards and subtle tartan prints on the chairs and footstools. Superior Rooms and Suites come with a private terrace overlooking the greens. Beyond the fairways, the resort has a spa with an indoor pool, hammam, and gym; opt for the signature Albatros massage, which incorporates golf balls and essential oils. Regional dishes are paired with Bordeaux wines at Le Table du Médoc, and the more casual Clubhouse offers all-day dining, with a patio overlooking the grounds.
In the Area
In Bordeaux town (a 30-minute drive from the resort) make a beeline for the Triangle d’Or (Golden Triangle), home to the Grand Thèatre-Opera de Bordeaux, the Musée d’Aquitaine and the Musée des Beaux Arts. Beyond the city, explore the region’s beaches and the Dune du Pyla, Europe’s tallest sand dune. Aracahon Bay is the oyster capital of France; head to La Boîte à Huîtres, a little wood-paneled restaurant that serves the freshest oysters in town. Explore the area by hopping from one vineyard to the next; several offer free tours and tastings.
How to Get There
This is only the second review I have ever. Written
Be very careful only pay in cash do not sign for items added to bill
Stayed with me 11 year old son
first night waited 1/2 hr for bill had to go to bar to get drinks as waiters had no interest in getting them for you when bill arrived many items added.played golf today had a drink at bar when checking
Out my bill was for 4 bottles of wine one of which was a magnum I like a drink but really,payed for room in advance hotel sent email asking if I would like to upgrade €52 great yes please ,forget to mention that was per night .room was paid in advance €280 so total should have been €104 when checking out
When checking out bill was €280 +€104
Because I had changed booking for an upgrade they had send me and a room I had already payed for never again
On the plus side staff in golf shop where great
Stayed here for 7 nights.
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Golf course ok but not magnificent
- Room size ok but without balcony / golf view
- Our room didn't have the balcony & golf view we had booked!
- No ceiling lights in bedroom part!
- TV could be larger!
- Shower slippery with loose pillar & without support wall handles!
- Over priced local Medoc wines!
- Gym & swimming pool far too small!
- All previous Sofitel Mgallery hotels have given us 2 free bottles of water in the fridge per day - but apparently they'll charge us in this hotel!
We are driving to Spain and stopped here mainly because dogs are welcome and we have our border terrier with us.
We arrived late and were given a very warm welcome. We opted for room service sitting outside on the balcony. Food was delicious. We had a lovely walk wit the dog and an early night.
Good sleep in very comfy bed.
Again breakfast in the room which was really good. Nothing forgotten. Obviously hotel is geared up for golfers and the course looked a lot of fun.
Would be very happy to stop here again.