Antonello Colonna Resort & Spa
What We Love
- A hip stay in Rome's rural outskirts, with breakfast, welcome treats, a dining discount and moreReaping the benefits of rustic rural ingredients in super-glam surroundings with a treatment in the sleekly designed spa
- Snagging a fireside table and dining on mouth-watering meals in the hotel’s gourmet restaurant
- Driving to popular Roman sights, like the Coliseum or Vatican City
What To Know
- The Michelin-starred restaurant, helmed by hotelier and chef Antonello Colonna, is open for lunch and dinner
- All 12 rooms are afforded great garden views thanks to floor-to-ceiling picture windows
- There's a Finnish sauna, Turkish bath, Hammam, outdoor pool, and indoor thermal pool heated to 90 degrees
Modern design meets rustic Roman charm in the smartly designed Antonello Colonna Resort & Spa. A boutique hideaway just outside Rome, the retreat is surrounded by 50 acres of gorgeous parkland, complete with a garden and farm, paying tribute to its peasant heritage. Here, you’ll find just 12 rooms, so if you’re after a private, more personal experience than those typical of larger hotels, this is the place for you. Each is sleekly designed with luxury contemporary furnishings and flooded with natural light.
A trip into Rome reveals an extraordinary collection of historic attractions, and at the end of the day you can retreat from the city buzz to a restful rural base. The Romans famously knew their way around a relaxation zone, and the hotel lives up to its heritage with a fabulous zen-like spa. Natural treatments, indoor and outdoor pools and a 3,000-square-metre terrace make up some of the perks here. There’s also a gourmet restaurant serving delicious rural Roman cuisine, complimentary valet parking, and a private parking area.
Good to know
Please be aware that children aged 12 and under are not allowed at the hotel, and guests must be aged 16 and above in order to access the spa.
How to Get There
We stayed here only one night. It is one hour drive from FCO Airport. The service was very good. They showed us around the hotel and served us some drinks before getting into the room. The massage was great. But I felt I cannot stay too long in this hotel. It will be boring. The food was okay but not great.
We had stayed here for one night and really enjoyed it. The staff is very professional and helpful. The room is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is incredible. We also ate there for dinner and of course it’s really good. It’s definitely quite an unique place to stay in Italy. Strongly recommend this beautiful hotel.
"Simplicity is the last level of sofistication." As Leonardo Da Vinci said, and the chef-hoster Antonello Colonna up dated with a super experience at Vallefredda. Their website represents all you gonna live when staying at It, but it's much better. A luxurious, though casual experience. Yet makes it a resort-hotel to call home. Only 12 rooms, great staff, Mr Colonna, is available to greet guests. Unique location and perfect for a two days experience, just 50 mim from Rome. Enjoy it! You love to come back, I'll will.