Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa All inclusive
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily a la carte breakfast
- Indoor-outdoor living design, with spacious terraces and private pools
- Gorgeous palapa-style restaurant
- Full-service spa
- Mexican fusion dishes at the open-air restaurant, Raixes
What To Know
- The resort is about a 35-minute drive from Puerto Vallarta
- The hotel isn’t on the ocean, but there’s a free shuttle to the Eva Mandarina Beach Club
- Shops and attractions require transportation
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Tucked away on a hilltop over Banderas Bay, Matlali offers 40 villa-style suites — and unforgettable views. Each suite features contemporary design, scent and pillow menus, iPod docking stations, Boca Terry robes and 260 to 1,112 square feet of space. Many have full kitchens, separate living areas, private balconies and individual pools. The Raixes open-air restaurant serves Mexican fusion dishes with starters such as chile relleno served with ceviche and passion fruit and entrées like grilled shrimp with garlic and Mexican chili. The Makawé Spa features a Zen-inspired steam room, a plunge pool and six private indoor-outdoor treatment rooms. Guests can also lounge on the sundeck next to the infinity pool or Jacuzzi.
In the Area
Shuttles are available to the village of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, where visitors can explore a traditional farmers market selling produce and handicrafts, or head to the Eva Mandarina Beach Club, a Mexican seafood restaurant located in the sand about 10 minutes from the hotel. Here, guests can also try a variety of water sports, including sailing, surfing and snorkeling. The area is also home to six premier golf courses – many with gorgeous ocean views. For sunset dining, Serendipity restaurant in Punta Mita offers fresh seafood dishes, and if you’re seeking a night on the town, a variety of pubs and bars can be found in Bucerias.
How to Get There
I had an opportunity to visit this resort. This is a very nice and friendly resort. The people listed below help to make dinner great: Argentina, Flor,Maurizzio,Luis Gabriel and Bruno was a group of great friendly people. The Chinese food and Italian food was great.
Flor, Argentina, Maruvizeio, Gabriel and Bruno are amazing! Our trip has “hit the spot” with our meals. Japanese tonight was delicious and entertaining. Service is excellent. Respectful staff serving with all smiles. The atmosphere is top notch and well done in the dining areas. The views while dining are tranquil.
If you are looking for a relaxing all inclusive this is it!
- Although it is not directly on the beach, there is a convenient shuttle to take you there. The atmosphere is relaxed with an adult "focus".
- The staff were hard working (Fransico was amazing!! But also Jiovani, Cecil, Esmeralada and Jasmin).
- We thoroughly enjoyed the cocktails and the juice bar.
- No shortage of places to sit. We often were at the adults only pool, but the mineral pool was also very nice.
- The food was good. My boyfriend is picky and always found something to eat but the food was not amazing. You had to make reservations for the a-la-carte restaurants and they were sometimes difficult to get into, however 20 pesos at the door could change that ;) . The adults only pool also had an amazing snack bar!! Best guacamole ever and Fransisco always made sure our drinks were full.
- The room was AMAZING! Best hotel room we have stayed in. Very spacious and luxurious. Beds were comfortable with a beautiful balcony.
- Although the resort is hilly there is always someone to take you on the golf cart if you don't want to walk.
- We recently stayed at the Grand Palladium Vallarta but preferred the Matlali Resort as it is smaller and more luxurious.
- This is a unique all inclusive experience as it is quiet and in the jungle.
We had the most wonderful stay at Matlali Hills Resort and Spa. This is the perfect getaway for a small group of friends or with your significant other. If you are looking for an intimate place to relax, are open to nature, and want to stay away from a younger crowd of party goers -this is the place for you. The surroundings are stunning and idyllic and perfect for people who enjoy walking (because there is a fair amount of walking to access pools/restaurants etc. around the resort).
The front desk was extremely helpful with anything/everything we needed. All the staff, from grounds keepers to house keeping to the spa therapists to the restaurant servers and bar servers (including everyone at the Eva Mandarina Beach Club) work extremely hard and were attentive and friendly. Major shout outs to Jesus, Leo, Antonio (the one who hosted the nightly entertainment), and the main bartender at Sky Bar (we never got his name!). A big thank you goes to Antonio and another huge thank you to ISMAEL (the activities coordinators at the beach). Ismael truly made our trip worthwhile. He has same amount of high energy every single day and you can tell he truly enjoys what he is doing. He’ll always make sure everyone is enjoying themselves at all times so if you get a chance to meet him, tell him Andie and Jeff says hi!! He has such a great attitude and work ethic that seems effortless.
Lastly, the front desk was aware that we were celebrating our anniversary and our decorations left us speechless. They went above and beyond and it truly touched us. We had such a fantastic trip and we look forward to coming back in a few years! Thank you to everyone at this resort, it was a stay that we’ll always remember!
We choose the resort due to location tranquility/staff fantastic,issue management front desk/reservation manager travelled around the globe stayed in 2-5star resorts,due to my line off work.No respect,even if you scheduled an appointment ,they ignore you no apologies ,no appreciation the value we bring as clients. do not expect your issue to be resolved,in my opinion they do not care,rooms nice, spacious,struggle with house keeping, daily need to ask towels,wash soap/shampoo.Concierge for block 5/6 not helpful,do not ask her for anything
Restaurant reservations/complicated staffing/waiters on duty are working hard, need a minimum off 5 they are only 2 with Gabriel
Beach club transfer,they promise every 30min, good luck,Booked this resort with promise/UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL PREMUIM DRINKS/their premium Johnny walker RED label.
No lounges to sit after dinner,area around the main pool too small few Wooden tables uncomfortable chairs
Health bar do not open every day lack off staff
breakfast buffet fantastic
Evening buffet,need more verities
Italian restaurant/steakhouse very good, lack staff
Japanese restaurant, fantastic,1chef for both grills,so waiting can be long