Mango Beach Resort
What We Love
- Renting a motorbike and exploring the area, discovering quaint fishing villages and mangrove swamps
- Learning to cook traditional Thai dishes with a cooking class at the resort
- Taking a boat out to the stunning islands and lagoons off the coast
What To Know
- Enjoy a massage on the resort's private beach
- The onsite Manao Restaurant serves locally-caught fish and traditional Thai dishes
- Free WiFi is strong
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
A hidden gem along Thailand’s extreme southeastern coast, near the Cambodia border and the Cardamom Mountains, Khlong Yai offers five-star views, untouched beaches and a gorgeous mountain backdrop. And there’s more to this region than just its good looks – you can rent motorbikes and explore the area, discovering mangrove swamps, fishing villages and local markets. Combining the charm of Thailand and breathtaking beaches – how can you go wrong?
However you spend your time here, deciding where to stay is an easy choice; Mango Beach Resort, a four-star, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner, is hidden amid tropical greenery and sits just steps from the beach. Here, you’ll find spacious bungalows with private terraces and dreamy sea views. And the resort’s facilities are just as luxe; you’ll enjoy a stunning infinity pool and a Jacuzzi, as well as use of the resort’s kayaks, paddleboards and bikes. The staff is on hand to help arrange for any activities or excursions, such as speedboat trips to the crystal-clear lagoons off the coast.
The gorgeous Ocean Front bungalows face the sea, with large windows that let in the breeze and provide stunning views. Each room features 410 square feet of space, a king-sized bed and a spacious bathroom with a separate shower and a bathtub.
Amenities:- Flat-screen cable TV with HDMI connection- Minibar- Coffee and tea facilities- Water- Wi-Fi access- Air conditioning- Luxury bath amenities- International adapters- In-room safe- Hair dryer
Experience traditional Thai cuisine at Manao Restaurant. Fresh seafood caught by local fishermen and produce from the region elevate the dishes and make for a special culinary experience. Also available are cocktails and light bites from the lounge and beach bar, situated around the resort.
The resort has its own spa that offers a menu of traditional Thai massages and spa treatments, which can be taken within the walls of the spa or out by the beach. If you’re looking for something a bit more vigorous, the resort also has a fully equipped gym.
An hour away from Trat Airport and removed from the bustle of city life, Mango Beach Resorts boasts untouched beaches and a wonderful sense of tranquility. Even with the resort’s remote location, transfers can easily be arranged to and from the airport. The resort is a 10-minute drive from Ta Nuk Waterfall and 20 minutes from Klong Yai Market. It’s also very easy to access the tiny islands just off the coast, where you’ll find crystal-clear waters and an abundance of marine life.
How to Get There
Room # 206 ( Deluxe Sea-view Bungalow - Paid Baht 3,500 via Agoda )
Do take time to read other Guests reviews further back on TripAdvisor - they are Correct.
Guest Service IS NOT Delivered by many of the Staff we met at this Hotel.
1) Air Con NOT Cooling in Room - What do they do... Give us just a Fan when it is 35C outside! How about calling the Air Con Repair company and spending some $$'s GET it FIXED
2) TV had No Channels working - No phone in room so we walk 250 metres to reception = Oh yes Satellite problem, maybe work later! Wt not tell us at Check In - we would feel much better if you offer proactive service. GET it FIXED
3) Jacuzzi Bath in Bathroom - Jacuzzi Function not work - No Water Jets!! Why not spend $$'s and get this fixed - someone else complained about this in March 2018 ( 1 year ago )
4) Bath FLOODS ALL OVER the Bathroom floor as it Empties..... GET it FIXED
5) Spa Bath ( in main pool ) did not work - pump comes on for 30 seconds the goes off for 5 minutes - Reception took the Remote Control away... that was the last I heard!!! GET it FIXED
6) Breakfast was NOT a BUFFET as we expected when paying 3,500 Baht.... Exceptionally poor choice of food ( no cooked Thai food option only a soup ) The chief Thai man was rude and unhelpful ( even to my wife who is a Thai, he needed to be asked twice to bring Chilli, sugar etc to the table ) saying "NO You taste it first".... They bought 1 x Plate of Fruit to the table - not a plate each!!! Not enough for 2 x People - Just Tight as a Camels..... Breakfast VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING
7) Gym equipment ( bicycle seat ) broken.... GET it FIXED
To sum up... VASTLY OVERPRICED while majorly UNDER-DELIVERING ALL SERVICES.... We felt LET DOWN and RIPPED OFF
As we had were celebrating 10 years of being married we had planned to go away and come back again for a further 2 x Nights ...... WE CHANGED OUR PLANS
Do yourself a favour AND BOOK ELSEWHERE.
We stayed here after Koh chang for week and wished we had stayed here longer we loved everything about the Mango its peacefully in the middle of nowhere, The beach is powder soft white and is deserted the food is good the gardens really beautifully maintained. The nearest shop is a 600 baht taxi away so make sure you have all you need with you (cigarettes in my case).
The staff we're really helpful and I'd happily stay there again, ideal place to just chill out and get away from the crowds. If this resort was on Koh chang it would be on par with their best but at less than half the price.
The hotel is quite new and really, really far away from most other places in Thailand. If you are able to get to this part of Thailand, this would be a gem as you will be able to find the peace and solitude that you would not find easy find on more populated beaches. Since it is so far away, there are few tourists. The hotel is kept very clean. We had booked 2 adjoining spacious rooms. I gave it a 3-star rating because they had not prepared our room, even though we were arriving around 4 PM, and made us wait. Furthermore, one of our rooms had a clogged toilet caused by the previous occupant. Maintenance came to fix the problem but did not succeed. They did not do anything to compensate or offer to move us to another room but told us to share our remaining bathroom as we were adjoined. This deserves a 2 Stars deduction. The food is very expensive, but as I said, if you can find a ride, there are restaurant that offer local prices.