The Ritz Carlton Abama
What We Love
- A luxury beach and golf resort with two Michelin-starred restaurants, including daily breakfastDining at the Michelin-starred restaurants – there are two
- Lazing in your resort-view villa, after a game of golf at the resort's course
- Kicking off each day with a delicious complimentary breakfast
What To Know
- Seven outdoor pools, and a spa, golf course, and tennis courts will keep you busy
- The 10 restaurants are out of this world, with the Michelin-starred M.B for Basque dishes and the Japanese fusion eatery, Kabuki
- The sprawling resort is set on a clifftop and surrounded by tropical gardens; there are golf buggies to shuttle you around and a funicular down to the private beach
How to Get There
The Ritz Abama is a beautiful resort property located on the Island of Tenerife, Canary Islands. Its style is Moroccan Moors, redish stucco, mosaic tiles, gardens, pools and koi fish. Michelin star restaurants as well as other just as good if not better on grounds eating locations. We were there seven days and we ate at almost every restaurant. El Mirador was our favorite with an excellent view of the sunset. Local wines are outstanding. Golf is outstanding and not crowded at all.
- Room was spacious and clean with a quiet private balcony. Bed very comfortable.
- Don't forget a power converter.
- We unfortunitly waited until the last day there to venture down to the Beach Club for lunch. Surf and sand was breathtaking, we would have visited that part of the resort everyday if we discovered it earlier.
Really a peaceful and beautiful property. However couple of downsides. If you have mobility issues at all you must book a high end villa to access the golf cart amenities. Useful since property is literally built into a steep mountain. Though seems there’s many dining options , the reality is they are exorbitantly priced and only just ok honestly. Breakfast at the villa location el mirador quite good and plentiful options. So you will need a 15-17 euro taxi ride each way to playa del duque to find nicer restaurants and shops and a grocery. Which I sort of wanted to do daily. Poolside dining and room service get old very quickly. Honestly a fabulous resort but armed with this info beforehand I may have opted for a lovely resort near more conveniences. Enjoyed it anyway!
we are on our fifth day of seven and have truly enjoyed our stay at the Abama. staff are just great. we were checked in by Alexanto( Alex) who was so professional. We used the Club facilities and Julia, Javier, Mark and Luis made it so special as did Alex. Staff throughout are so friendly and willing to help. Food is very good but portions very big ( for us) . Definetly come back and will be sad to leave on Monday. We have Louisa look after our room and she goes the extra mile like the rest of the staff. Thank you all. The French,s
Great hotel - we stayed in one of the villas, good sized room with a veranda and only 30m away from the pool for our row of villas.
Food in all the restaurants we ate at was excellent if expensive.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful.
My only negative comment would be that the towels, although large, were not soft.
We chose this hotel as it was a relatively short haul to get to and we weren't disappointed. The staff were so attentive everywhere we went and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. We had a Villa overlooking the sea and it was truly beautiful. We chose to sit around the Adult Pool each day and ventured down to the beach, which has a lift and a fab cafe down there. The choice of restaurants at the resort are fantastic and we did not leave the complex as there was absolutely no need to! We were there for seven days. This is definitely somewhere we will return to. It has something for everyone!