Petra Hotel And Suites
What We Love
- Daily à la carte breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The mosaic-tiled pool overlooking the bay
- Soothing views of Grikos Bay from the airy breakfast patio
- Personalized attention from the owners
- Modern conveniences (flat-screen TVs with DVD) amid Old World charm
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- Lots of steps due to its hillside location; better suited to adults than children
- There is no airport on Patmos
- You’ll need a car or taxi to get around
- The property offers sparkling wine and Patmain snacks on arrival if you book round-trip transfers to/from Patmos harbor through the hotel. See the Details tab for more information
- Free WiFi
As private as it is luxurious, Petra Hotel & Suites is Patmos Island’s most intimate boutique hotel. The multi tier property, home to just 11 rooms and suites, is designed with earthy stone walls and black pebble floors; from afar it looks like a small village rising out of rocky coves. Petra means rock in Greek, which seems fitting, as the bay is punctuated by the massive rock of Kallikatsou, an otherworldly freestanding cliff that rises from the waves.
Bed and Bath
Suites are filled with Grecian ceramics, sculptures and artwork that delight the artsy occupants (Jean Paul Gaultier, for one, stayed here a few years ago while Patmos was celebrating Orthodox Holy Week in all its splendor). The Honeymoon Suite has a hydromassage bathtub and a spacious living room, and all guestrooms have private balconies overlooking Grikos Bay.
Just a five-minute drive from the famed monastery of St. John, Petra Hotel & Suites is anything but monastic. You’re positively encouraged to indulge: from the lavish breakfast spreads piled high with fresh-baked Greek pastries to cocktails served around the mosaic-tiled pool, to the killer views across the crystalline waters of Grikos Bay.
How to Get There
It is our last day at Petra and Patmos then off to bodrum tonight.
I can truly say we have fallen in love with the hotel and the island and it will certainly be a regular stop off for us.
The location and views are stunning and our suite had a full sea view of grikos bay quite breathtaking day and night.
The owners petroula and costas are ever in attendance and the hotel runs like clockwork.
They are so friendly and welcoming.
Christos at reception is always smiling and ready to help with anything.
Breakfast is a real treat and finally a luxury hotel without a buffet but civilised service and smiling staff.
What more an I add but stylish rooms and super clean with turndown service as well.
Our week has flown by and lots of things left to do on our next visit.
We were also lucky to be invited to a family party and so experienced some super Patmos culture.
Until the next time.
By the way ignore the star rating this is truly deserving of Small luxury hotels of the world.
I would definitely suggest this hotel . Great view and rooms , unique breakfast , the staff is extremely kind they even made our reservations for restaurants and gave us tips about the island . We will be staying here again on our next trio to Patmos
This hotel definitely merits its affiliation with the "Small Luxury Hotel" group. It is absolutely that -- a small luxury hotel. There are very few rooms, so the owners and staff are VERY attentive to the guests.
1) Pre-arrival service was as good as a St. Regis or a Four Seasons. Dimosthenis answered all of our emails and even called us a few weeks before our arrival to discuss arrival and departure information, room categories, etc. He did an amazing job, and even helped us book a private boat between islands on a day when we couldn't travel by ferry. Thank you Dimo!
2) Breakfast is a true DELIGHT! Many little treats are served (in small portions so you can enjoy it all) by a lovely delightful breakfast staff. They did a wonderful job, thank you.
3) Good location in quiet Grikos -- the views are truly beautiful! And the hotel is on the calm side of the island when it is very windy. We were there during the Meltemi winds, but had calm and wonderful weather protected from the wind!
4) On-site service whenever you have a question or need something... they truly take care of their guests by making dinner reservations, offering suggestions, etc.
1) a beautiful pool, but no beach. So if you're looking for a "beach hotel" then this may not be the best choice for you. We rented a motor scooter and enjoyed changing beaches everyday which is fun to do in Greece.
We will absolutely return to this hotel when we visit Patmos again, and will suggest to friends and family. We truly enjoyed it, and wish the owners and staff much success in the future. Thank you for your warm hospitality, C& N
From start to finish our stay with Petra and Costa as the Petra Hotel and Suites was wonderful. Thanks to the amazing team they have and their personal touches to every part of your visit with them, they really do deliver above and beyond. I want to say a huge thank you to Petra who personally helped looked after our nine month old Sophia, with daily breakfast and lunches all home made and super tasty. Dimonsthenis the guy who makes it happen! Super helpful and friendly and always professional. A big credit to the team and who helped to organise every part of our visit before we arrived so we didn’t need to worry about the baby and her sleeping arrangements. I cannot recommend this hotel enough - please stay, it is well worth the price and you will not be disappointed. Also -the pool is a blessing on the hot days and always peaceful and relaxing should you not not be bothered to visit one of the many beaches! Nowhere nicer to have a cold drink and a delicious homemade lunch. Once agin thank you to Petra and her lovely team - we will visit again soon hopefully as we have fallen in love with Patmos.
This hotel is one of the most beautiful I have stayed in.Mrs. Petra was so warm and gracious. The rooms and views are incredible. We were looked after with everything- and would love to go back. A special thank you to Dimos for taking the time to mail us back our swimsuits we left behind.
A few wrinkles to iron out - Service could be a bit more discreet and menu could improve.