Sofitel Mauritius L’Imperial Resort & Spa
What We Love
- World-class scuba diving center
- A Lulur treatment at the award-winning 1000 meter squared So Spa
- Family friendly: children’s pool and kids’ club for 4-12 year olds
- Colossal palm-fringed outdoor pool
What To Know
- WiFi is free
- Check-in starts at 2pm
- Many watersports including kayaking, water skiing and windsurfing are free to guests
- The hotel is an hour’s drive from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Fronting a private white sand beach on the west coast of Mauritius, the grand, family-friendly Hotel Sofitel Mauritius L’Imperial Resort & Spa is a study in understated opulence. Fully revamped in 2013, and set in 9 acres of tropical gardens, the hotel’s spacious verandas, shuttered windows, and thatched parasol roofs are a modern take on traditional island architecture. The 191 rooms and suites are decorated in calming pale greens and yellows, with natural wood furniture and Mauritian artwork. For added space, book an Imperial Suite, featuring four-poster beds, ocean views and butler service. Dining at the resort is fun and varied; sample the high-speed chopping of the Japanese show cooks at Teppanyaki, or drink in a Mauritian sunset at Jacaranda, a chic seafood restaurant with tables directly on the beach. The rate includes free access to water sports like kayaking, water skiing and windsurfing. Or to experience the island’s spectacular marine life, head to the on-site scuba center; the resort is close to some famous diving sites including Channel Saint Jacques.
In the Area
Mark Twain once wrote that God created Paradise in the image of Mauritius. He may have been right; its broad beaches, rugged plains and soaring mountains are breathtakingly beautiful. Explore the island’s outer reaches on a motorboat tour of nearby Ile aux Aigrettes and Ile aux Serfs, where you can spot the indigenous Pink Pigeon and Ornate Day Gecko. Or abseil down glittering waterfalls in the stunning Casela Nature and Leisure Park. There’s nightlife, too: the nearby village of Flic En Flac can be sleepy during the week, but at the weekend its hip bars, music venues, and nightclubs spring into life.
How to Get There
Spent 7 days here, as a stopover on way home from South Africa to Perth.
1. Location - Beach at your doorstep with plenty of sand, umbrellas. Very attractive spot.
2. Staff - Very attentive and polite. Most speak English as well as native French.
3. Activities - Free snorkelling, paddle boards, paddle boats, windsurfers, kayaks and well appointed gym.
4. Taxi Service - Taxis attached to hotel. Available for excursions to various parts of the island.
5. Rooms - Well laid out, with views to ocean. Quiet rooms. Unaware of others nearby. Clean, tidy and serviced morning and night. Comfy beds. Little porch with table and chairs to view sunset.
6. Food - We took a half board option, which meant full buffet breakfast and dinner at main restaurant. Menu at dinner changes each evening. Generally very good. Other restaurants are available for extra cost. Lunch generally taken at beach area. Nice options. Before dinner cocktails very pleasant.
7. Swimming - Pool is very large and clean. Beach is also great for swimming. roped off section for the hotel.
1. Rooms - Furniture a little outdated. Very clunky and not the most comfortable.
2. Taxi Service - We took two trips to the south and the north of the island. Although drivers were polite, it would have been nice to be informed further re: history and other pertinent facts. We had to keep prompting with questions, which were not always answered.
3. Stray Cat Population - Appear to be living under main dining area. Perhaps for hygienic purposes this population needs to be culled.
Overall, our stay was terrific and very relaxing. Welcome champagne and other goodies on arrival set the tone. As our flight home was a late one, we asked for a late check out and were actually given another room to refresh before heading to airport at 6pm.
Thank you to all!
We had a fantastic experience, specially my daughter who really enjoyed the kids club. The food was totally exquisite and thanks to the chef. Great smile from the staff from check in to reception facilities. We are frequent traveler of sugar beach but I think we will opt for Sofitel next time specially because the mini club is free.
I was there for one day which not enough, wanted to stay more. As from we enter the hotel we feel the difference. Very warm welcome, with cocktails and welcome drinks. Good food in restaurants. We even enjoy the boat house which was a great experience. Very friendly staff specialy at the reception Mr kelvin and parvesh. Hoping to come back very soon for another experience.
Absolutely a beautiful holiday hotel beautiful and the most wonderful staff. Will recomend it to all our friends.The food was amazing. Compliment to the chef. Huge thanks to Kumar and the reception team for the little flowers everyday. To summerise,its a little paradise.
Good location away from all the traffic etc. Ok flic en flac beach which is perfect. Rooms big, nice and clean. Pool also big. Plenty of beach beds. Only downside is the food which we didn’t think was that nice & buffet is very expensive for what it is. Overall great hotel & we’d return.